Zenner continues to get attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Zenner continues to get attention

Hopefully he gets drafted by the Vikes. It'd be awesome to have a high-character RB on their roster to pair with McKinnon. Plus, he could play for the team he rooted for growing up (and I wouldn't have to see him play for GB or something).

Btw, my dad and I were watching the Combine's RB passing drills on NFL network to see ZZ, and the video got choppy in the middle of his route. Does anyone have a link to decent video? I would really like to see that because the one announcer (think it was Mayock) said that Zenner showed "good hands" on a difficult pass reception). Very frustrating not being able to witness that.

Comment

This is interesting. Pulled this from Bisonville

Originally posted by natstar1
      A guy I follow on Twitter thought the RB times were slow so he timed them himself and here are his results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...w58/edit#gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Hand held timing (assuming that is how this person did it) is on average 0.175 seconds faster in the 40 yd dash than fully automatic timing.

Comment

At track meets converting a hand held you round up to nearest tenth and add 0.24 to get the fully automated time.

Comment

Most interesting isn't the faster times (that was to be expected) but the change in order of the players from fastest to slowest.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Kolpack is reporting Crockett was told he ran a 4.53. Zenner a 4.52 then?

The NFL screwed up somewhere. Good news for Zenner if he's up near the top. We'll see what they tell him his time is.
              Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 02-23-2015, 10:28 PM.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Zenner's latest posting on his combine performance:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...a-state-022415

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  Zenner's latest posting on his combine performance:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...a-state-022415
                  Pretty cool run down.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    Kolpack is reporting Crockett was told he ran a 4.53. Zenner a 4.52 then?

The NFL screwed up somewhere. Good news for Zenner if he's up near the top. We'll see what they tell him his time is.
                    Blame the timekeepeers?
                    Sorry, someone had to say it... Dispensation, mods?

Comment

I didn't watch the combine, but in the past they can run players side by side, so I'm guessing the NFL teams can run Zenner against anyone, probably years back. I'm not too concerned with a 4.61 its how does that compare to people of the past?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        I didn't watch the combine, but in the past they can run players side by side, so I'm guessing the NFL teams can run Zenner against anyone, probably years back. I'm not too concerned with a 4.61 its how does that compare to people of the past?
                        Yep they did that a lot this year. Even running prior year guys against some guys from this year.

Comment

I could give a rip about how fast a guy is in the 40 at the combine**. I care more about how fast he is in pads. Zenner is REALLY fast in pads. I don't think I remember him ever getting run down from behind.

**I know NFL teams may think differently

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I could give a rip about how fast a guy is in the 40 at the combine**. I care more about how fast he is in pads. Zenner is REALLY fast in pads. I don't think I remember him ever getting run down from behind.

**I know NFL teams may think differently
                            one i can think of, but it wasnt totally in the open field. One I think was actually a NDSU lineman who cought up too him, but I think there were secondary guys a head of him still so that sort of doesnt count.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              one i can think of, but it wasnt totally in the open field. One I think was actually a NDSU lineman who cought up too him, but I think there were secondary guys a head of him still so that sort of doesnt count.
                              That was Buck Buchanan Award Winner Kyle Emmanuel. He ran a 4.77 at the combine.

And it wasn't a pure catch from behind but still impressive as Emmanuel made a great play.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                                That was Buck Buchanan Award Winner Kyle Emmanuel. He ran a 4.77 at the combine.

And it wasn't a pure catch from behind but still impressive as Emmanuel made a great play.
                                That's the only reason I recall it thinking during the game that nice yards for zenner and room to go and its like never mind wasn't expecting someone to get him like that.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X