Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Zenner continues to get attention

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
    Yeah I don't care whether I'm being a homer or not. Zenner would outplay Bell at RB. Bell is trash, he has 20 rushes for 22 yards so far...
    Until ZZ gets 10-15 touches in a game and tanks I'll still think he's the best RB they have and the best way to get AA some different looks. What a garbage team, crappy offense that is so complex that the guys can't run it. I wish some other team with RB issues/injuries would trade for him. Denver may need one, great fit there.

Comment

Not a Zenner homer here, but I do not understand what the Lions are doing.

They give Bell a ton of carries, and he has never been great, but whatever, what I don't understand is why do they activate Zenner if they aren't going to give him some carries?

Abdullah and Riddick are flashy, and do quite well, but they keep giving Bell carries that could go to those two, could go to Zenner, hell could go to their fullback.

There offensive line struggles, especially the right side, but that shouldn't matter, Bell is slow, can't break tackles and just isn't that good.

Comment

Bell seems unable to find any holes that the Lions' offensive line is creating. There were several instances last night when he barreled into the pile, not noticing a wide open cutback lane that had opened up to one side or the other. The Lions have touted ZZ's vision. Give him a shot to find some of those lanes that Bell can't see.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Lions are dead-last in the league for rushing at 45 yds/gm. Player stats:

Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
          Ameer Abdullah 21 82 3.9 24 1
          Joique Bell 20 22 1.1 7 1
          Matthew Stafford 6 18 3.0 9 0
          Zach Zenner 2 6 3.0 4 0
          Theo Riddick 1 5 5.0 5 0
          Michael Burton 1 2 2.0 2 0
          If they make changes, at least it can't get any worse. (Stats from NFL.com)

Comment

Get Zenner some touches!

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detro...ctor%20%22Z%22

Comment

Here is another article about the Lions running attack situation

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/09/30/detroit-lions-should-switch-joique-bell-for-zach-zenner

Michael Rothstein@mikerothstein 12m12 minutes ago
              #Lions OC Joe Lombardi: "If all the running backs woke up on Sunday with the flu, Zach Zenner can do it all.":

Kyle Meinke@kmeinke 13m13 minutes ago
              Lombardi on Zach Zenner's role this week: "It's a good question."
              Last edited by SanDakotaState; 10-02-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/09/30/detroit-lions-should-switch-joique-bell-for-zach-zenner

#Lions OC Joe Lombardi: "If all the running backs woke up on Sunday with the flu, Zach Zenner can do it all.":

Kyle Meinke@kmeinke 30m30 minutes ago
                Lombardi intimating Zenner could play bigger role with Joique dealing with the ankle

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

I love the quote about the flu and ZZ doing it all. Then get him in on some $!?:ing plays!

Anyone know how long his deal is? Is it year by year? If he's a FA at the end of the season I hope he goes somewhere with an O line.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    I love the quote about the flu and ZZ doing it all. Then get him in on some $!?:ing plays!

Anyone know how long his deal is? Is it year by year? If he's a FA at the end of the season I hope he goes somewhere with an O line.
                    He signed a 3 yr, 1.58 mil deal, so he's probably stuck for a while. I think they get him some carries this weekend. They will be looking for a spark, and Zenner could do just that for them.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      He signed a 3 yr, 1.58 mil deal, so he's probably stuck for a while. I think they get him some carries this weekend. They will be looking for a spark, and Zenner could do just that for them.
                      Not bad for a 115 yr old running back. Screenshot_2015-10-02-12-19-21.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Not bad for a 115 yr old running back. [ATTACH=CONFIG]698[/ATTACH]
                        facepalm. maybe its like a rookie joke thing. At least they had the school right.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Kyle Meinke@kmeinke 1h1 hour ago
                          Caldwell giving Zenner a vote of confidence. Says rookie is ready to roll on Monday night, could play larger role if Joique is limiited

Comment

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...ttle/73218832/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              Kyle Meinke@kmeinke 1h1 hour ago
                              Caldwell giving Zenner a vote of confidence. Says rookie is ready to roll on Monday night, could play larger role if Joique is limiited
                              GoT Zenner Meme.jpg

Attached Files
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

I chuckled as I read the part "if Joique is limited". Now even if he's 100%(which I realize he hasn't been 100%) but whatever he has been is 1.1 yds a carry. I can't even fathom why he's gotten as many touches as he has. I realize hitters need to work through a slump but "c'mon man". He isn't fully healed from the other injuries. I really hope they give ZZ a good opportunity(8-10 touches minimum), Seattles D is going to be a tough test.

Comment

Working...
                                X