• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Zenner continues to get attention

Vine videos of Zenner:

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5DA15...XD4hNwO6dSYP.6

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/11D7B...zQSneYNZInfvZE
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Had he not slipped on the turf in the first video that could have been a long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        Had he not slipped on the turf in the first video that could have been a long run.
        At the minimum, another 5 yards unless he defeated the defender.

Comment

In rewatching my recording of the game, it looked to me like ZZ also had by far the best performance of a back in blocking for the quarterback. He made a couple of great plays and some steady others. That has to be at least a small plus for him in trying to get that fourth spot. If nothing else, if he can keep getting time in the pre-season, it might provide some looks from other teams if he doesn't make the Lions roster.

Comment

Did he get into special teams at all? If he is going to make it in the nfl he will probably need that flexibility to add to his value. At least imho.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Did he get into special teams at all? If he is going to make it in the nfl he will probably need that flexibility to add to his value. At least imho.
              I saw him on the punt team,forgot to look on the other special teams.

Comment

From what I have read it sounds like a battle between Zach and George Winn for the last spot. Winn is known for his special teams so Zenner will most likely have to show something in that area to beat him out. I like that he had 13 carries and none for negative yardage.....that is a good sign.

Comment

Watched the game on my DVR yesterday and the announcers had nothing but good things to say about Zenner's performance. I was equally impressed with his blocking as I was with his running. He picked off several defenders during the game that allowed the QB to complete some first down passes. That will have as much of an impact on whether or not he makes the team as his running will.

Comment

Zenner got some work with the first team yesterday. He obviously won't be a first team back but that means he's impressing the right people. Winn looked awful in their last game. Hopefully Zach continues to impress in the games moving forward. Winn is more valuable on special teams but I'm not sure he's that valuable to keep over Zenner.

Zach had been spending a lot of time with a player working on pass blocking coverage after practice. It was nice to see it pay off in the game.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Zenner got some work with the first team yesterday. He obviously won't be a first team back but that means he's impressing the right people. Winn looked awful in their last game. Hopefully Zach continues to impress in the games moving forward. Winn is more valuable on special teams but I'm not sure he's that valuable to keep over Zenner.

Zach had been spending a lot of time with a player working on pass blocking coverage after practice. It was nice to see it pay off in the game.
                      Per his agent:
                      @OneWestSports Rookie Zach Zenner @zenner31 Received the 4th highest grade out of ALL NFL RB in the 1st preseason game, per @PFF.

Comment

"Rookie running back Zach Zenner got a lot of play with the first-team offense. Lions head coach Jim Caldwell said Zenner was 'fun to watch' after last week’s preseason opener. He's obviously impressing the right people."

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...c-9b5e1bab56e9

Comment

The lions did a Camp Spotlight about Zach on Saturday. There is an outlook, practice report and a video of highlights from camp. http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...3-9ea2dae69fb2

Comment

some more articles regarding Zenner:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/z...h-lions-081815

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/sport...-53-man-roster
                            Last edited by SanDakotaState; 08-18-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Any update on how Bryan Witzmann did last Saturday and this pre season for Houston?

I can't find any updates on the web. I did see a photo of him from Hard Knocks.

Last thing I heard was hearsay, so just wondering if anyone had any facts on how he is doing. He certainly has the size to make the NFL. I am pulling for him as well as ZZ. It would be great if they both played in the NFL this year.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                                Any update on how Bryan Witzmann did last Saturday and this pre season for Houston?

I can't find any updates on the web. I did see a photo of him from Hard Knocks.

Last thing I heard was hearsay, so just wondering if anyone had any facts on how he is doing. He certainly has the size to make the NFL. I am pulling for him as well as ZZ. It would be great if they both played in the NFL this year.
                                According this Twitter post he got about 6 minutes at the end of the game. Not finding much else on the inter-webs though.

Comment

Working...
                                X