Chris Kluwe Fiasco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chris Kluwe Fiasco

Of course, now that I've gotten older, I really like pumpkin pie now. I used to think it tasted funny when I was younger. But as you get older, your palate matures.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Trying to care.

Failing.
      I thinking the same thing here.

Comment

Not to get too political, but as a history and political guy, I've never seen an issue change so quickly in the public eye as gay marriage. 10-15 years ago it was how much tougher the states were making it, and now its another state making it legal, or acceptable or something. Whether you support it or not, that is a pretty accurate statement. And its not just because liberal, hippy, activist judges, its more a generational change of opinion. Why? I'm not sure, I really don't care to argue it.

Now, on Kluwe, Kluwe knows he is the smartest person in the room many times, and that is his downfall I feel. I'm glad that he stuck up for gay rights, and other issues, but just as I say to those on the other side of the political spectrum, if you make controversial comments you have to be able to live with the consequences. So if by being openly activist gets you cut and no other job? well its the way of the game, its not right, as I feel Kluwe is a top 15-20 punter, but its part of the game.

Now if a coach is using that inappropriate of language in front of players and personal he should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Now, on Kluwe, Kluwe knows he is the smartest person in the room many times, and that is his downfall I feel. I'm glad that he stuck up for gay rights, and other issues, but just as I say to those on the other side of the political spectrum, if you make controversial comments you have to be able to live with the consequences. So if by being openly activist gets you cut and no other job? well its the way of the game, its not right, as I feel Kluwe is a top 15-20 punter, but its part of the game.
          In my opinion (as a Vikings fan), the problem with Kluwe is that I suspect he was an arrogant and outspoken individual in all ways. There were sporatic reports of the Vikings being frustrated with Kluwe and more than once the Vikings brought in free agent punters mid-season for a workout, which in the NFL in regard to kickers is supposed to sent the message that we're not happy with your performance, so watch yourself. I also remember hearing reports that he did not follow through with game plan directives, such as when to simply punt the ball out of bounds to keep the ball away from a returner such as Deven Hester.

You are right that if the accusations are accurate about what a Vikings coach said, any employee of any business should be held accountable for those type of statements. Any member of the Vikings organization that said such things should be disciplined and educated on how to behave in a respectful manner toward human beings (and yes, perhaps even fired).

My comments are speaking toward his replacement as punter. I heard enough over the few years he was there that makes me believe that he gradually worked his own way out of favor in Minnesota, not specifically over his support of gay marriage or gay rights, or even his general outspoken behavior in the public, but over his general tendency to be a pain in the rear.
          Last edited by JackrabbitGuy; 01-06-2014, 03:44 PM. Reason: typo fix. clarification
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I suspect that Kluwe's relationship with the Vikings coaches was severely fractured long before he ever started speaking out out on this specific issue. Rather than going to his supervisor for permission - he started out by going to the Vikings HR/Legal department. That seems odd to me.

Part of the coaching staff's responsibility is to make sure that conflicts among teammates don't become major distractions and issues. There are many people with strong opinions on both sides of this issue. If coach Priefer actually said what Kluwe alleges he said in a serious manner, he deserves whatever punishment is coming. If it was a joke, he needs to be reprimanded. I'm just having a hard time trying to see Chris Kluwe as the victim he alleges to be.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
              I suspect that Kluwe's relationship with the Vikings coaches was severely fractured long before he ever started speaking out out on this specific issue. Rather than going to his supervisor for permission - he started out by going to the Vikings HR/Legal department. That seems odd to me.

Part of the coaching staff's responsibility is to make sure that conflicts among teammates don't become major distractions and issues. There are many people with strong opinions on both sides of this issue. If coach Priefer actually said what Kluwe alleges he said in a serious manner, he deserves whatever punishment is coming. If it was a joke, he needs to be reprimanded. I'm just having a hard time trying to see Chris Kluwe as the victim he alleges to be.
              I need to stop reading this thread. Holy hell.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Chris Kluwe plans to sue the Vikings for not releasing the findings of the six month investigation into Kluwe's claims to the public.
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...t-mike-priefer
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Vikings Special Teams coach Mike Priefer suspended for 3 games due to homophobic remarks.
                  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=twitter_atl

The report states that he was released due to performance and his activism not his viewpoints, however the statistical evidence doesn't add up that Kluwe's performance was declining.
                  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...esnt-stack-up/
                  Last edited by witness; 07-18-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 1h

Per source, Kluwe walked around multiple times with hole in the back of his shorts, claiming to be a Sandusky victim.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 1h

Per league source, report regarding Kluwe investigation will include evidence that Kluwe made light of the Gerry Sandusky situation.

Comment

Chris Kluwe @ChrisWarcraft · 53m

Over half the team did it for over a month, including asking him if he "raped any little boys lately," repeatedly, in front of coaches.

Chris Kluwe @ChrisWarcraft · 53m

Sure I gave my strength coach a hard time. Once. I made a joke about the Sandusky case, because he was a big Penn State guy.

Comment

Read his tweets as he mentions that if the Vikings want to play that way then he is going to release more secrets about the Vikings like when two well known Vikings players got caught in a compromising situation with an underage girl and they covered it up. He always mentions that the Vikings report skewed the report to scare off Kluwe but he isn't backing down. Man, the trial is going to be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Read his tweets as he mentions that if the Vikings want to play that way then he is going to release more secrets about the Vikings like when two well known Vikings players got caught in a compromising situation with an underage girl and they covered it up. He always mentions that the Vikings report skewed the report to scare off Kluwe but he isn't backing down. Man, the trial is going to be insane.
                          Yeah,he was going all scorched earth on twitter. Supposedly,a couple of those tweets were his lawyer,telling him to cool it. haha

Comment

Don't people ever get enough of political activism?Reminds me of that movie with Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand (sp) where she got so much into political activism it consumed her whole life to the point where she gave up a normal life to fulfill her compulsion to crusade for justice.Sad. The way we were is the name of the movie i think.Anyway,this Kluwe guy seems to follow that story line to a tee.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-18-2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              Yeah,he was going all scorched earth on twitter. Supposedly,a couple of those tweets were his lawyer,telling him to cool it. haha
                              Probably just telling him to wait until the trial. Honestly, I hope Kluwe tells everything at the trial

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                Don't people ever get enough of political activism?Reminds me of that movie with Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand (sp) where she got so much into political activism it consumed her whole life to the point where she gave up a normal life to fulfill her compulsion to crusade for justice.Sad. The way we were is the name of the movie i think.Anyway,this Kluwe guy seems to follow that story line to a tee.
                                Sure. I just find this whole sorbid story interesting. As far as Kluwe,i think he's an attention whore.

Here's a piece that Greg Doyel knocked out of the park: http://mweb.cbssports.com/general/wr...-rant?v=1&vc=2

Comment

Working...
                                X