Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2013 Season

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Make no mistake, even before this incident, Incognito was a prick. He fought and fought with teammates at Nebraska on and off the field. For Callahan to kick an all-American off the team, it had to be bad. His stint at Oregon didn't last long either. Now this. However it is spun, karma is going to take a bite out of Richie.
    He also got kicked off the Rams by getting in heated arguments with the coaches and not being able to keep his composure on the field
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

So what does Richard Incognito stand for. Well the definition of Incognito is to have one's true identity concealed. Basically that means he is in disguise.

And Richard usually is called Dick.

So Richard Incognito stands for Dick in Disguise. So I think his parents named him correctly.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Tim Wells released a 144 page report on the Incognito-Martin situation. Here are some tweets by @TomPelissero who is an NFL Writer for USA Today

The report cites a consulting psychologist, William H. Berman, who said Martin going along with it was consistent with bullying victims.
        The report calls Incognito "the main instigator" and says Jerry and Pouncey "tended to follow Incognito's lead."
        There's a section specifically on OL coach Jim Turner, who gave a player who'd been joked about as gay a male blow-up doll for Christmas.
        Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey "engaged in a pattern of harassment directed not only at Martin but another young Dolphins OL"
        Martin told investigators he contemplated suicide twice in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Tim Wells released a 144 page report on the Incognito-Martin situation. Here are some tweets by @TomPelissero who is an NFL Writer for USA Today
          Just another thing adding pussification of America. This anti-bullying political correct culture we are creating. Martin is a football player. Maybe he should have just manned up. It's a man's sport, and these types of things are just part of the game. Have to tough it out if you want to compete for championships.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Incognito fined himself $200 back when Martin first left the team for "Breaking Jmart" and another lineman was given $250 for not cracking first. Sounds like Incognito wanted to destroy the "paper trail" but the investigators found it http://wp.me/p14QSB-9pD9

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Just another thing adding pussification of America. This anti-bullying political correct culture we are creating. Martin is a football player. Maybe he should have just manned up. It's a man's sport, and these types of things are just part of the game. Have to tough it out if you want to compete for championships.
              This is so ridiculous that I don't even know how to respond. Have you seen everything on Deadspin? Incognito is a dbag and I couldn't be happier that he's out of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                This is so ridiculous that I don't even know how to respond. Have you seen everything on Deadspin? Incognito is a dbag and I couldn't be happier that he's out of the league.
                Yep Incognito is a dbag. Also, using "Pussification of America" about being anti-bullying is one of the most pompous arrogant sayings somebody can say.

Comment

Re-read it as satire. I guess I should have tried to make it more over the top.

I was trying to go for the stereotypical comments that I read on websites regarding this story. I probably should have misspelled some words. What's the old saying? If you have to explain that your joke is a joke, it wasn't very good in the first place.

The best example of satirizing those comments can be found with @PFTCommenter (Pro Football Talk, the NBC affiliated site) on twitter. He also writes for SBNation and Kissing Suzy Kolber. Worth a follow.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    For who?

Search the text message history between these two. Lots of the exchanges were initiated by Martin, in language that was as offensive as Incognito's.

It is looking more and more like Martin entrapped his "friend" to ignite a post playing anti-bullying career talking about how awful it was to play in the NFL. His mom is a fairly well known workplace discrimination/hostile work environment attorney.

This incident could have ruined Incognito's career. Martin's career was likely over after this year anyways.
                    Your reaction to a guy who was contemplating suicide is that he was trying to line up a career?

Comment

Re-read it as satire. I guess I should have tried to make it more over the top.

I was trying to go for the stereotypical comments that I read on websites regarding this story. I probably should have misspelled some words. What's the old saying? If you have to explain that your joke is a joke, it wasn't very good in the first place.

The best example of satirizing those comments can be found with @PFTCommenter (Pro Football Talk, the NBC affiliated site) on twitter. He also writes for SBNation and Kissing Suzy Kolber. Worth a follow.

For example: some "top" comments on some stories talking about the reports that witness posted:

“— I am unable to socialize with my teammates in their crude manner”
                      In other words he didn’t fit in. He was in no way singled-out and and harassed.
                      Jonathan Martin has mental issues and was unable to handle an NFL locker room end of story.
                      If insults make you suicidal, then you have bigger problems than insults.
                      I read the report and I have no sympathy for Johnathon Martin. He caused all this to happen. He should have said STOP! He made the wrong choice by leaving, Unfortunately he has issues so he shouldnt be playing football nor be in a football lockerroom.

Comment

The last thing I'll add to this thread (hopefully). Jacks-02 is right. The stuff by Deadspin is outstanding. I haven't read all of it yet, but here are some of the pieces:

Messages Between Jonathan Martin and His Parents Are Heartbreaking

Dolphin's Line Kept a "Fine Book"; Incognito Tried to Destroy the Evidence

Dolphin's O-Line Was Aware Of, Participated in Harassment

And my personal favorite, from Drew Magary: Why Non-Assholes Always Want To Prove Themselves To Assholes

Read that last one. It's excellent.

Comment

Your reaction to a guy who was contemplating suicide is that he was trying to line up a career?
                          Admittedly, I haven't followed the story closely.

However, I have read the text message exchanges (assuming they weren't doctored in some way). Martin is at least as much of a dbag as Incognito, at least via text.

The text message exchange reads like jocks who get along great, hang out with each other away from the field, and call each other derogatory names. It seemed quite friendly.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

@RabbitObsessed
                            Last edited by witness; 02-14-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X