Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by witness View Post
    For those wondering why Brandon Jennings is a free agent and some crazy numbers watch this video that breaks down everything Brandon Jennings. Great stuff. http://www.bballbreakdown.com/why-br...-a-free-agent/
    Good stuff.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Scouting Nate Wolters: http://on.nba.com/1704bMH

There is so much to like about him. At 6'5" he is a really good defender. He has quick feet. And watching him in the workout, his ability to make plays offensively, run a team, defend, and just do the little things that you look for point guards to do. And then make shots
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Scouting Nate Wolters: http://on.nba.com/1704bMH
        I like this interview. Sounds like they plan to give Nate a chance to be on the court this season.
        Last edited by rabidrabbit; 07-25-2013, 08:49 PM.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

The Bucks continue to load-up on guards,signing combo guard Gary Neal away from the Spurs. And if the rumors are true that they are negotiating to re-sign Brandon Jennings , it's really going to be a crowded guard situation.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The Bucks continue to load-up on guards,signing combo guard Gary Neal away from the Spurs. And if the rumors are true that they are negotiating to re-sign Brandon Jennings , it's really going to be a crowded guard situation.
            It doesn't matter to me how many SGs they sign as Nate is a PG not a SG so it wouldn't affect him. Gary Neal is a good shooter which will help. Bucks needed guard depth and they getting it.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me how many SGs they sign as Nate is a PG not a SG so it wouldn't affect him. Gary Neal is a good shooter which will help. Bucks needed guard depth and they getting it.
              I believe in one of the stories about Nate , someone from the Bucks said they consider Nate to be a combo guard which is what Neal is.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I believe in one of the stories about Nate , someone from the Bucks said they consider Nate to be a combo guard which is what Neal is.
                Even though Gary Neal is listed as a pg I consider him more of a SG than a pg. Nate can be viewed as a combo guard due to his size and shooting ability but his passing skills make him more of a pg than a combo guard IMO.

I consider combo guards to be undersized 2 guards who is a shoot first player like Russell Westbrook, Monta, and I suppose Nate Robinson there too.
                Last edited by witness; 07-29-2013, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Pistons & Bucks close to a sign-and-trade for Brandon Jennings. Bucks would receive Brandon Knight

Not sure what the Pistons are doing signing Josh Smith to a max deal and now signing Jennings
                  Last edited by witness; 07-30-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

It looks official, Brandon Knight is coming to the Bucks and Jennings is gone. Yahoo Sports released the news this morning and didn't have much positive to say regarding Knight or the Bucks management. They also had no reference towards Nate as a potential backcourt contributor.

"The Bucks, meanwhile, are courting the sort of all-encompassing irrelevance that the Pistons are looking to escape. Knight is a decent option in the backcourt, but he also struggles with his shooting (shooting 40.7 percent from the field last season) and is best known for getting embarrassed on other players' highlights. After losing Jennings, Ellis, and J.J. Redick this summer, the Bucks are likely to enter next season with Knight, Luke Ridnour, O.J. Mayo, and the recently signed Gary Neal as their guards, with each player being best fit for a bench role. The youthful frontcourt of Larry Sanders, Ersan Ilyasova, and John Henson shows promise, but they do not constitute the core of a solid or even rapidly improving team. It's not clear what the Bucks want to be or how they plan to do it. They are likely to be very bad, yet it doesn't seem like the result of a rebuilding plan so much as an unfortunate byproduct of their own uncertainty."

Comment

Brandon Jennings actually shot worse than Brandon Knight from the field last year. Knight is also 2 years younger so there still is potential for Knight to grow into his own. Jennings, however is what he is. Knight was playing defense when he got dunked on. No shame in that.

Comment

Brandon Knight will most likely never be an above average NBA 1. He does have the potential to be an average to above average 2, however.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It's kind of interesting, but Milwaukee appears to have a lot of flexibility with their guards. Ridnour can play both point and shooting guard. Mayo can play both but mainly is a two. Knight is a 1 but probably is better as a 2 and Neal is listed as a PG but played mainly as a shooting guard. Milwaukee currently has 15 guys under contract so someone would have to go before Nate can sign a contract. Options that appear most likely would be Ish Smith being cut but that would just throwing a million dollars away or there is some speculation that a possible Udoh/Smith two for one trade for a small forward. Milwaukee is most heavy at Center and Point Guard so that is the most likely place they would cut ties with someone if they intend to sign Nate. Hopefully they can find a way to get Nate some minutes even if it is NBDL. I hate to see him be just another suit coat on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                            It's kind of interesting, but Milwaukee appears to have a lot of flexibility with their guards. Ridnour can play both point and shooting guard. Mayo can play both but mainly is a two. Knight is a 1 but probably is better as a 2 and Neal is listed as a PG but played mainly as a shooting guard. Milwaukee currently has 15 guys under contract so someone would have to go before Nate can sign a contract. Options that appear most likely would be Ish Smith being cut but that would just throwing a million dollars away or there is some speculation that a possible Udoh/Smith two for one trade for a small forward. Milwaukee is most heavy at Center and Point Guard so that is the most likely place they would cut ties with someone if they intend to sign Nate. Hopefully they can find a way to get Nate some minutes even if it is NBDL. I hate to see him be just another suit coat on the bench.
                            Could be an exciting day for ole Nater......

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              Could be an exciting day for ole Nater......
                              When is the end of the signing period?

Comment

Some reports coming out on Twitter that Nate just signed.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X