Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Your circus comments are silly and if you don't think college basketball is also about the money then i don't know what to tell you.
    ++++

Couldn't agree more.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Could've easily had 15 assists...Bucks missed several wide open shots set up by Nate. I'd say Ridnour and Knight better get healthy in a hurry....the bulk of the minutes at the point are gonna belong to #6 at this rate.
      I think Ridnour will be gone before the All Star break. I got to watch two of the three so far in which Nate has played. He definitely belongs and it is pretty obvious that Coach Drew and his teammates trust Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        ++++

Couldn't agree more.
        Of course its silly,it was meant to be,for those who pretend not to know what a circus is.Which I think is silly.Silly is as silly does.

Comment

The NBA blows college basketball out of the water.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            That is something we can agree on the nba blows.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              I like the nickname the Bucks announcers were using for Nate: The Jackrabbit.
              Best nickname yet.

Comment

The NBA blows. You got that much right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  The NBA blows. You got that much right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  You just copied a "joke" goon used first. I'm not sure if I can say anything more insulting.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Ugh. More talk about Nate, less talk about whether you personal preference is college or NBA basketball.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

So i know this is very early BUT if Nate continues to play these minutes and get the same stats, he might find himself in New Orleans playing in the Rising Stars Competition during the All-Star break in February. He is currently 5th in scoring, 2nd in assists, 11th in rebounding, and has the best assists/turnover ratio out of all the rookies.

Also the Bucks Coach mentioned that he might make a couple adjustments to the starting lineup because he doesn't like the energy that he is getting from the starters. I have watched all 3 games for far and from what I see is that OJ Mayo isn't doing a whole lot until the 2nd half or late in the games. Also Mayo missed a team shoot around and didn't get to start at the Bucks home opener. Maybe Nate would still start PG and the Bucks would start Knight at the 2 (his natural position) when he's healthy and bring in Ridnour off the bench.

Just a thought/analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                        So i know this is very early BUT if Nate continues to play these minutes and get the same stats, he might find himself in New Orleans playing in the Rising Stars Competition during the All-Star break in February. He is currently 5th in scoring, 2nd in assists, 11th in rebounding, and has the best assists/turnover ratio out of all the rookies.

Also the Bucks Coach mentioned that he might make a couple adjustments to the starting lineup because he doesn't like the energy that he is getting from the starters. I have watched all 3 games for far and from what I see is that OJ Mayo isn't doing a whole lot until the 2nd half or late in the games. Also Mayo missed a team shoot around and didn't get to start at the Bucks home opener. Maybe Nate would still start PG and the Bucks would start Knight at the 2 (his natural position) when he's healthy and bring in Ridnour off the bench.

Just a thought/analysis.
                        I think, from talking to some Bucks fans, that what will happen when Knight and Ridenour are healthy that you will see them play over Nate just because of their vet status and so that the coaches can see what exactly they have. There is a thought process that perhaps they will play Ridenour to showcase him for the possiblity of a trade. He has an expiring contract that might be attractive to a playoff team that needs help at the guard position.

It will be interesting to see how Nate plays against teams that aren't going to be fighting for the most ping pong balls at the end of the year. The Dallas game, and most certainly the Heat game next week, will be a little better test as to how he can run an NBA offense.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

This message board is becoming the Nate Wolters board. There seems to be great interest in his career launch, and no reason there should not be. Our NBA players have been few and far between. Keep posting, its interesting reading. I don't have any NBA links so not much to add here.

Comment

Here's a new article for you:

http://www.bucksketball.com/2013/11/...bucks-offense/

From it:

So what exactly does Wolters do? A lot of it is the subtle stuff, the things that make players into point guards. Without falling into the vapid debate about whether or not certain point guards are “pure”, suffice it to say that Nate Wolters really does “run a team”. If a fast break doesn’t present itself, he will patiently wait to set up the halfcourt offense. He’ll use a Zaza Pachulia pick to create enough space to make a driving lane. When he does penetrate a defense, he keeps his dribble alive and stays aware of the locations of his spot-up shooters. (If anyone persists on using the inapt Steve Nash comparison, this is perhaps where it is most apt.) Wolters also has the makings of a soft, high-arcing floater — a shot that Brandon Jennings desperately needed for years, yet never quite mastered.

Comment

The article also mentioned, "In an admittedly small sample, Wolters has held opponents to 0.57 points per possession on 30 possessions defended, according to Synergy. Among qualified players, that ranks him 11th among all NBA players."
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The article also mentioned, "In an admittedly small sample, Wolters has held opponents to 0.57 points per possession on 30 possessions defended, according to Synergy. Among qualified players, that ranks him 11th among all NBA players."
                                The sample size is small and against bad teams. I highly doubt that he can keep that stat at that level against teams with really good guards (Miami, Chicago, Nets, etc), but even veterans will have problems with those teams. I think Nate does enough on the offensive end of the court to let him learn the defensive side a bit.

We always talk about him finding the "perfect" situation... and man, did he find it.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X