Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Good so far,but i think a player has to play against all the teams once through for this to mean anything,that way,you play against the best and the worst teams.Not to take anything away,great accomplishment so far.
    Yes, but for a 3 game sample not to shabby at all.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Can't believe that most here don't watch NBA. College basketball was absolutely brutal last year as whole. Also, there isn't much things more exciting than the last 5mins of an NBA game. As much as I love college basketball, I think the NBA is better

I know that doesn't have anything to do with Nate but I like college basketball better. It seems like the big name players get more calls and you can take 4 steps and maybe still not be called for traveling in the NBA.

I like what Nate is doing and it's good to see him preform at the level that he is. He might not be a star but if he can keep this up, he should have many years as a serviceable NBA player.

Comment

That is correct. He is leading the team in minutes played. Have really enjoyed having a free trial of NBA League Pass. Go Nate!
        Originally posted by goon View Post
        If espn stats are correct he leads the team in assists and 3rd in scoring. My guess is probably minutes played so far too. I wish I could watch these games. If you told me those stats and he would be starting in his 3rd game and home open I would not have beleived it....injuries aside. Great for nate to get such a big role so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Yes, but for a 3 game sample not to shabby at all.
          Agree, but I'd love to see Nate and the Bucs playing a game against the Miami Heat....disclaimer,don't follow NBA enough to even know if they can play each other? But if they do meet each other during the season,would love to see that game played with Nate in it.Looked it up...Tues, Nov 12....3 more games if Nates still playing!

Comment

A good article about Nat Wolters. http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/1...akota-anymore/
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The NBA sucks. All games should be played under a huge tent because it's a huge circus, and a bad one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                The NBA sucks. All games should be played under a huge tent because it's a huge circus, and a bad one at that.
                The only thing i don't like about it is the traveling violations,carrying the ball,the severly bending of rules that they usually steadfastly enforce on 4th graders learning how to play
                the game and the over all circus environment,andthe tickets are over priced to keep low income people from being able to watch the game to facilitate spoiled millionaire athletes who are way too extroverted ,otherwise,it's OK

That's why i like Nate....none of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  Good article? Only if Frost Arena only seats 3,250 people and the Pentagon is his college campus. Terrible job or research by the author.

Comment

The only thing i don't like is the traveling,carrying the ball,the severly bending of rules that they usually steadfastly enforce on 4th graders learning how to play
                    the game and the over all circus environment,otherwise,it's OK
                    Carrying the ball in college is just as common as the NBA and to a lessor extent,traveling. I don't know what you mean by "circus environment". I'm a huge college bb fan but i'll take the NBA anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Good article? Only if Frost Arena only seats 3,250 people and the Pentagon is his college campus. Terrible job or research by the author.
                      ...and pre-season game was against the Timberwolves not Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        Carrying the ball in college is just as common as the NBA and to a lessor extent,traveling. I don't know what you mean by "circus environment". I'm a huge college bb fan but i'll take the NBA anytime.
                        Ladies and gentlemen,may I draw your attention please to the center ring,where we will see breathtaking acts of astounding athletic performances that defy logical explanation and will leave you in utter amazement and wonderment to what you've just witnessed....and blah,blah,blah....to each his own,but college BB is more about team than individual accomplishment.Pro basketball is all about money and they make a big show of it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          3250 is not that much different than 6500 when being compared to an NBA arena. The whole point was that he was emphasizing the difference between playing in small college arenas to the MSG or in Boston.
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            I've been talking to some fans on their message boards. So far here are what the nicknames are from the fans after 3 games;
                            Natty Ice
                            Natty Dread
                            Nate the Great (OJ Mayo called him that in the post game after the Raptors loss?)

It is kind of fun to watch a fan base discover him...just like we all did when he put it all together in college.
                            I was on a 3-hour road trip Saturday evening and caught the Bucks broadcast on SirusXM. I like the nickname the Bucks announcers were using for Nate: The Jackrabbit.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen,may I draw your attention please to the center ring,where we will see breathtaking acts of astounding athletic performances that defy logical explanation and will leave you in utter amazement and wonderment to what you've just witnessed....and blah,blah,blah....to each his own,but college BB is more about team than individual accomplishment.Pro basketball is all about money and they make a big show of it all the time.
                              Your circus comments are silly and if you don't think college basketball is also about the money then i don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                Your circus comments are silly and if you don't think college basketball is also about the money then i don't know what to tell you.
                                The entire D1 landscape is about the money. The research dollars are a very, very large piece of pie too.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X