Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Hopefully that shrine is not a temporary thing. Great advertising to local BB fans....
    Also good for local D1 to see that. Does SDSU basketball have a plaque on their wall about Nate Wolters, because that would be a huge recruiting tool
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Hopefully that shrine is not a temporary thing. Great advertising to local BB fans....
      During chat today,Terry V. said he thought it was permanent.

Comment

Nate looked like he fit in just fine in those opening minutes.

Should we have a GDT for pro basketball?

Comment

Other than getting burned by Rubio pretty badly, he looked good. Ran the offense, which is what he'll be counted on to do if he gets onto the floor.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

When Wolters was in the Bucks were up 10, when he went the bench they are only up 2. Coincidence? I think not

Nate just needs to get better on D then he should be just fine

Comment

Any more updates on the progress of the game?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Nate has 10 points. Minnesota 92, Milwaukee 89. 2:45 left

Comment

Nate capped off his scoring with one of his classic baseline floaters.

Comment

Bucks lose 89-98
                    Wolters stat line: 20 min, 10 points (3-5 ; 1-2 from 2 ; 3-3ft), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, +/- +1.
                    Nate looked liked he belonged out there. If if can improve his D he will have a solid NBA career.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWQsXvwCIAA4drI.jpg:large

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Other than getting burned by Rubio pretty badly, he looked good. Ran the offense, which is what he'll be counted on to do if he gets onto the floor.
                      This is the issue. Can he do enough with ball handling, passing, rebounding and running an offense to offset the fact he isn't as quick as almost every other guard out there. Nate works hard and is very smart defensively, he gets his body where it needs to be most of the time. However, trying to defend a NBA quality guard one-on-one is going to be a huge challenge. Nate has impressed me every step of the way. I bet he will figure it out.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Please. He got burnt by Rubio once and played as well or better than Rubio in the opening minutes

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Please. He got burnt by Rubio once and played as well or better than Rubio in the opening minutes
                          Umm Rubio has nothing to prove, he is a proven NBA guard. Unfortunately, I think Rubio could have stepped it up another notch or two if he really wanted. Let's not compare the two based on ten minutes (in the preseason). Rubio is a way better player at this point in time and anybody who says otherwise has some mighty fine blue and yellow colored glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
                            Umm Rubio has nothing to prove, he is a proven NBA guard. Unfortunately, I think Rubio could have stepped it up another notch or two if he really wanted. Let's not compare the two based on ten minutes (in the preseason). Rubio is a way better player at this point in time and anybody who says otherwise has some mighty fine blue and yellow colored glasses.
                            I never once said that Wolters is better than Rubio. I said Wolters outplayed Rubio in that stretch where some people were acting like Rubio torched him. Yes, I know it's preseason and Rubio wasn't going full speed but that doesn't change the fact that Rubio didn't torch Wolters.

Also, I am not a believer in Rubio. He has the 5th worst ShotScore in NBA behind only Ellis, Monroe, Westbrook and Sessions. The fact the Twolves drafted Jonny Flynn AND Ricky Rubio ahead of Steph Curry is ridiculous.

Comment

Nate isn't going to be a starting point guard in the NBA. I'm not sure why we really need to debate whether or not he can guard a superstar guard like Rubio. In all likelihood, he'll be called upon to guard other backup guards - like a Steve Blake type.

IMO, anyone who thinks Nate can guard someone like a Chris Paul or Kobe Bryant is kidding themselves. In the words of Denny Green, you might as well "crown his a$$" right now if you believe he is already an elite NBA guard.

Comment

http://www.bucksketball.com/2013/10/...n-and-wolters/
                                Bucks Player Profiles:

Who:
                                Nate Wolters

Role: 3s on 3s on 3s on 3s
                                What can he do: Wolters is a baller. He’s not very athletic and doesn’t have good length for his size. He makes up for it by having every skill that you want in a scoring point guard. He isn’t bothered by pressure. He’s patient. He has a good floater. He can run the pick-and-roll well. Plus, he’s big for his position and can shoot. He is always under control. If everything works out for him, he’ll be the super version of Luke Ridnour.
                                How can he contribute: Despite all of the nice things said about Wolters above, if he gets a lot of time running the offense, then this season will have been a complete failure. It won’t just be a failure from a wins perspective, but it will be a sign that the Brandon Knight experiment has failed spectacularly.
                                I would like to see Wolters work beside Ridnour off the bench. Yes, that backcourt pairing has no quickness and won’t be able to guard anyone, but neither can the rest of the guards besides Brandon Knight. Ridnour isn’t the player he was in 2009, but he can still work well with bigger, younger PGs. Ridnour’s drive-and-kick game will give Wolters plenty of opportunities to spot-up. This will still give him some opportunities to handle the ball.
                                Goals: Be better than Gary Neal because Gary Neal is incredibly mediocre.
                                Spirit Animal: Hawkeye. He’s a normal guy with a few good skills, fighting superheroes with a basic long-range arsenal. Also, it’s my favorite comic book.
                                Additional material: Here is Wolters scoring 53 of his team’s 80 points against IPFW.

Comment

Working...
                                X