Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    I don't see it...their offense is beyond horrid and this team totally lacks the 'it' factor...
    Is the "it" factor talent? Because if so, they definitely lack "it."
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Is the "it" factor talent? Because if so, they definitely lack "it."

I think they have the talent, they just aren't using it.
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Two in a row! Got to get the offense going, that probably wont happen until Mauer and Young get back in the lineup and start hitting. Need others to step up and have career years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
          Two in a row! Got to get the offense going, that probably wont happen until Mauer and Young get back in the lineup and start hitting. Need others to step up and have career years.

definitley. And don't forget about Tsuyoshi Nishioka.
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

will be interesting next couple of months. listened to one sports broadcaster out of the twin cities say that young has returned to old form. not good mix in the locker room. didn't want to play because it was too cold---allegedly, one of the reasons he was put on the DL. he also made the statement that it wouldn't surprise him if they try to trade him---soon. well, have to see how it all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
              I think they have the talent, they just aren't using it.
              Outside of Mauer and Morneau, it's bleak. The pitching staff is especially dreadful.

Go Twins!

Comment

i think this Casilla "experiment" is gonna haunt them the most. yeah, he has his moments, but, this roller coaster ride will drive'em nuts. and, Twins lack that #1 enforcer on the pitching staff---but, still think they will be formidable pitching staff by year's end. i still believe Gardy's one of the best around---period---and, the rest on his staff aren't too shabby either.

i'll be shocked if they aren't fighting for the division title at the end.

Comment

I believe the Casilla experiment is over. Plouffe was called up and it sounds like he will be playing short for the Boston series.

Comment

Originally posted by pepbandalum View Post
                    I believe the Casilla experiment is over. Plouffe was called up and it sounds like he will be playing short for the Boston series.
                    don't think this is anything to do cartwheels over either. i believe plouffe has been in the minors a long time---so, not sure this is the answer.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Twins 2011 Season Thread

I've given up on keeping track of how many games the Twins have given up first inning runs...as terrible as this team is, it's a moot point.

BUT....they gave up a first run inning tonight.

They've also collected only 3 HITS tonight through 7 innings vs some nub called Michael Pineda.

I swear to crap the Twins are making him look like Roger fricken Clemens.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        I've given up on keeping track of how many games the Twins have given up first inning runs...as terrible as this team is, it's a moot point.

BUT....they gave up a first run inning tonight.

They've also collected only 3 HITS tonight through 7 innings vs some nub called Michael Pineda.

I swear to crap the Twins are making him look like Roger fricken Clemens.
                        You must not follow baseball outside of the Twins very closely. Pineda is legit, he makes a lot of teams look silly. He's 5-2, the most wins on the team, with an ERA under 3 this season, Seattle is very high on him, as are most people in the league. And he's just a rookie. The Mariners' 1-2 punch of Hernandez and Pineda is phenomenal.

Luckily for the Twins, they get to face Hernandez tonight. Losing streak will most likely hit double digits tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          You must not follow baseball outside of the Twins very closely. Pineda is legit, he makes a lot of teams look silly. He's 5-2, the most wins on the team, with an ERA under 3 this season, Seattle is very high on him, as are most people in the league. And he's just a rookie. The Mariners' 1-2 punch of Hernandez and Pineda is phenomenal.

Luckily for the Twins, they get to face Hernandez tonight. Losing streak will most likely hit double digits tonight.
                          Busted.

You're right, I don't know much about guys outside the Twins..I did look him up before I posted that and saw he's a rookie with a 4-2 record with a sub 3 era prior to the game.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Busted.

You're right, I don't know much about guys outside the Twins..I did look him up before I posted that and saw he's a rookie with a 4-2 record with a sub 3 era prior to the game.
                            Like mango said, he's considered legit. When was the last time the Twins drafted someone with legit stuff? No idea.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              Like mango said, he's considered legit. When was the last time the Twins drafted someone with legit stuff? No idea.
                              All the guys the Twins draft are finesse pitchers, they need someone that can overpower the batters. Someone that can be an ace

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                All the guys the Twins draft are finesse pitchers, they need someone that can overpower the batters. Someone that can be an ace
                                Every single pitcher they have is the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X