Wegher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wegher?

TV tweeted a link to a Sioux City Journal story that puts an end ro USD rumours. On the record source: his dad. Sorry I don't have link available.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      TV tweeted a link to a Sioux City Journal story that puts an end ro USD rumours. On the record source: his dad. Sorry I don't have link available.
      Found the link:

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/f...fd236578b.html

Comment

Saw this comment on one of the Iowa blogs about an Iowa recruit for 2011. I don't personally care where Brandon ends up I just hope he is doing what he wants and preparing for his future. If that includes time at SDSU with a coach and mentor like Stig I think it would serve him well.

http://hawkcentral.com/2010/11/15/ha...nline-comment/

del09 says:
        November 16, 2010 at 8:09 am

What is the status of Brandon Wegher in terms of where is he enrolled in school? A rumor has it
        that he is enrolled at South Dakota State University. Is this true?

Thank you.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I doubt he will be leaving Iowa soon, considering what he has coming his way as far as "a little" responsibility.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I doubt he will be leaving Iowa soon, considering what he has coming his way as far as "a little" responsibility.
            I was told he's done at Iowa.

As far as SDSU don't know anything, he may be enrolled but that would be for next semester which means he wouldn't be in Brookings yet.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              I was told he's done at Iowa.

As far as SDSU don't know anything, he may be enrolled but that would be for next semester which means he wouldn't be in Brookings yet.
              I meant the leaving the state of Iowa I think he will stay in Iowa the state, not staying in school, I beleive he is out of school just working to take care of some responsibility.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I meant the leaving the state of Iowa I think he will stay in Iowa the state, not staying in school, I beleive he is out of school just working to take care of some responsibility.
                doesn't he live in South Dakota?

So your saying he is done with school all together? or just playing football?

I've heard many things so I don't think I can speculate or anyone without (1st hand knowledge) on whether or not he has indeed enrolled at SDSU or USD or Northwestern or Morningside or who knows where.

I have a feeling if he has/will enroll at SDSU we will here about it around Christmas, because I don't believe SDSU can release that information until around that time.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  doesn't he live in South Dakota?

So your saying he is done with school all together? or just playing football?

I've heard many things so I don't think I can speculate or anyone without (1st hand knowledge) on whether or not he has indeed enrolled at SDSU or USD or Northwestern or Morningside or who knows where.

I have a feeling if he has/will enroll at SDSU we will here about it around Christmas, because I don't believe SDSU can release that information until around that time.
                  I don't think he will be able to play football because he is needed to work. I have a feeling his football career is over. Maybe I am wrong. I think he has other responsibility to take care that does not involve playing football again.

Comment

According to Kirk Ferentz in a radio interview I heard with him several weeks ago, Wegher is enrolled at Iowa and would be welcomed back to the football program with open arms, should he decide to do so.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      According to Kirk Ferentz in a radio interview I heard with him several weeks ago, Wegher is enrolled at Iowa and would be welcomed back to the football program with open arms, should he decide to do so.
                      I had heard that also. I'm pretty sure it is fact that he is currently a student at Iowa. The question I think is whether he has enrolled at SDSU for the spring semester. He may have already enrolled by being cleared by admissions and signing up for classes even though he is still at Iowa.

The talk I have heard is that Iowa told him if he came back he would play defense. How true that is or where SDSU comes into I have no clue.

Comment

If he were to enroll at State this spring wouldn't he still have to sit out next year? I believe that with the transfer rule you have to sit out while enrolled at the school you intend to play for.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                          If he were to enroll at State this spring wouldn't he still have to sit out next year? I believe that with the transfer rule you have to sit out while enrolled at the school you intend to play for.
                          I think this has been discussed about a hundred times on here so I'm not sure about it. But, I believe if he does transfer he's eligible right away since he's going from FBS (I-A) to FCS (I-AA).

I have no information on Wehger, just trying to answer your transfer question. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                            there is no penalty when transferring down a level.

If he was to transfer to another D-I FBS school it gets sketchy and is a case by case bases.

Comment

Thanks for the answer(s) I tend to forget about the 2 levels of college FB since in all other sports D1 is D1.

Comment

He gone
                                http://www.kcci.com/sports/26095518/detail.html

Latest rumor is transfer to Nebraska

Comment

Working...
                                X