• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TX Tech Coach Suspended

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    MSU's Tom Izzo upset with Kalin Lucas, tells him not to practice

By JOE REXRODE
    LANSING STATE JOURNAL
    Kalin Lucas did not practice today, as mandated by Tom Izzo, and Lucas' status for Wednesday's game against Texas-Arlington and beyond is uncertain.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009122...ot-to-practice

Izzo made it clear that he is unhappy with the leadership displayed by Lucas, and that distractions are an issue. Izzo said this is not a suspension. This is not an academic issue. Izzo also made it clear he didn't ask Lucas not to practice. He told him.

Oh, the stories I could tell ...

By the way, Kalin played vs. UTA and started against Northwestern.

Comment

As for the Leach situation, these two affadavits (head trainer, head physician) are pretty damning. Beware of the language in the first:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Doc/76/765864.pdf

http://media.scout.com/Media/Doc/76/765867.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        If it turns out that Craig was under the supervision of a trainer like the trainer recently attest too, then the only mistake Leach made was not dismissing Craig James from the team. Anyone who feels he is entitled to something because of his father (with his father calling in and trying to reassure the coaches of this), they need to be dismissed until they shape up ala Tom Izzo's recent situation.
        I disagree with your position. I read the affidavits of the trainers. Leach had no rationale reason to dismiss Craig James from the team. It appears the kid had symptoms of a concussion and was punished by the head coach.

Did the father try to intervene? (He seemed to have a lot say after the fact in TV interviews -- then again, when ESPN puts a microphone in front of one of its own, and then runs the sound clip every 30 minutes, it sounds like a lot.)

Tom Izzo would have handled the situation entirely differently.

Interesting affidavits by the trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I disagree with your position. I read the affidavits of the trainers. Leach had no rationale reason to dismiss Craig James from the team. It appears the kid had symptoms of a concussion and was punished by the head coach.

Did the father try to intervene? (He seemed to have a lot say after the fact in TV interviews -- then again, when ESPN puts a microphone in front of one of its own, and then runs the sound clip every 30 minutes, it sounds like a lot.)

Tom Izzo would have handled the situation entirely differently.

Interesting affidavits by the trainers.
          Bingo and this one is for Scott Hoy and company to handle. If I were Leach I would be putting every dollar aside as his defense law firm needs to be paid.

Comment

The continuing reaction of the Texas Tech players tells us a lot. They continue to support their teammate, not the coach. Their quarterback said what happened to James was just "the last straw". Some fans, on the other hand, are showing a lot of support for Coach Leach and a lot of disgust and ridicule toward James. Here's a link to a story from Rivals.com which was linked on Yahoo.com today: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              The continuing reaction of the Texas Tech players tells us a lot. They continue to support their teammate, not the coach. Their quarterback said what happened to James was just "the last straw". Some fans, on the other hand, are showing a lot of support for Coach Leach and a lot of disgust and ridicule toward James. Here's a link to a story from Rivals.com which was linked on Yahoo.com today: LINK
              How compeling is the affidavit of the trainer? How can you discount its weight? I think Texas Tech is going to be hearing from the James's lawyers as well. I just don't see how anyone can support Coach Leach after reading the Affidavit. Seems like the trainer was doing what he was told in order to keep his job. I don't think the trainer was lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Bingo and this one is for Scott Hoy and company to handle. If I were Leach I would be putting every dollar aside as his defense law firm needs to be paid.
                Mr. Leach can defend himself as I believe he has a law degree.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Mr. Leach can defend himself as I believe he has a law degree.
                  Having a law degree and a license to practice are two different things.
                  Having degrees in accounting, and a CPA Certicate are not the same as has having a CPA License and practicing public accounting on a daily basis.

Mr. Leach might end up being Cousin Vinny if he decides to be his own lawyer especailly since he has probably practiced very little law while making all these big bucks as a football coach. I really wonder how he will discredit those two affadavits. Look for this case to be a new novel for John Grisham.

Comment

Working...
                  X