Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Title Game

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Those two teams in the D2 title game were very good. But overall, the speed of the game was not what it is at the top levels of FCS. That's not to say there aren't fast players in D2. But not as many. The overall speed on the field is less.

Nobody's dogging on D2. But nobody who watched that game yesterday could honestly say there isn't a noticeable difference in the speed on the field there and, for example, in the Montana vs. App State game.

Can I get a show of hands? Who's sick of the "the top of D2 is just as good as FCS" baloney? If that's the case, how come USD wasn't undefeated last year? Shepard is as good a QB as any. And there are a couple of very fast guys on USD's team (watched the Montana State game). But overall, USD isn't fast enough yet. They will be. But they're not yet.
    Wes Beschorner was as good or better than Shepard. Wes nearly won the Harlon Hill award and really should of considering they gave the the award to a player that came from the weak eastern regions of D2 which aren't nearly as competitive as the NCC teams. Shepard is good but so have others as well. USD has produced good runningbacks and quarterbacks. Many USD fans might be nervous about replacing Shepard but I am not. He was good but I think the other QB's on the roster will be able to step in just fine. For those sick of "the top of D2 is just as good as FCS", well than just say no to posting about it and prove that you are sick of it that way.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Those two teams in the D2 title game were very good. But overall, the speed of the game was not what it is at the top levels of FCS. That's not to say there aren't fast players in D2. But not as many. The overall speed on the field is less.

Nobody's dogging on D2. But nobody who watched that game yesterday could honestly say there isn't a noticeable difference in the speed on the field there and, for example, in the Montana vs. App State game.

Can I get a show of hands? Who's sick of the "the top of D2 is just as good as FCS" baloney? If that's the case, how come USD wasn't undefeated last year? Shepard is as good a QB as any. And there are a couple of very fast guys on USD's team (watched the Montana State game). But overall, USD isn't fast enough yet. They will be. But they're not yet.
      I'm more sick of your sucking up to the Griz fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I'm more sick of your sucking up to the Griz fanbase.
        Wow, that was out of left field
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          Wow, that was out of left field
          Haha, truth. I think the top couple D2 programs, say 5, could be middle of the road FCS teams. Could.

I have no basis for it, just a guess.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            I was able to watch the entire d-2 championship game and then I watched the entire App. State vs. Montana Semi-final game today. If anyone thinks the two even resembled one another in the slightest, other than it being two football games...I've got oceanview property in DeSmet I'd like to sell you.

Go Jacks!!
            Is it near the Charles Ingalls farm? I guess Silver Lake or that slough near the curve that you encounter in coming into Desmet on Highway 14. I live in Arlington, I might be interested.

Comment

Working...
            X