Northern Sun Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Sun Expansion

I don't think Augie should be so worried.

For football I think there is no comparison, granted USF has had a lot of success, but things will probably not so great once they are playing schools on a weekly basis that take football a lot more seriously then the likes of Doane, Dana, etc. Facility wise Augie is far ahead I think, everything is on campus and stadium is complete and not a work in progress. Would a recruit would I want to fight traffic every day to get to practice and workouts? If it comes down to coaching it might be a little tougher. USF might have the edge in that one.

All other USF sports are really not a serious threat right now either for Augie. One thing Augie would lose maybe on carrot in recruiting which would be the "yeah USF is a decent school, but if you want to play at a higher level, then Augie is your choice". That most likely is one of the biggest reasons Augie is dragging their feet a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Scholarships, you mean . . . not game rules.
      Yeah, that didn't come out right, did it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I think in a short period of time USF may very well give Augie reasons for concern. Their athletic budgets are very similar, athletic income for the latest reported year is only $100,000 less at USF out of over $4,000,000. Tuition is about 20% less at USF so the dollars go further. (see link below)

Futher, it is easier to motivate donors when you are moving up as they are doing versus laterally at best as Augie did. And Benadetto and Sanchez are a very solid team in support of athletics.

http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/GetOneInstitutionData.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
          I think in a short period of time USF may very well give Augie reasons for concern. Their athletic budgets are very similar, athletic income for the latest reported year is only $100,000 less at USF out of over $4,000,000. Tuition is about 20% less at USF so the dollars go further. (see link below)

Futher, it is easier to motivate donors when you are moving up as they are doing versus laterally at best as Augie did. And Benadetto and Sanchez are a very solid team in support of athletics.

http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/GetOneInstitutionData.aspx
          Excellent point and those are some interesting numbers.

Comment

isn't usf playing north dakota in football next year? seems like a good way to get some attention! I can't see augie stepping up their schedule like that.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
              isn't usf playing north dakota in football next year? seems like a good way to get some attention! I can't see augie stepping up their schedule like that.
              UND is paying guarentee money. A number of $60,000 has been thrown around various sources. Thats probably funding before travel costs for 3 or more schollies for USF. Also does a bus from SF to GF and return cost 60K. Probably not. So its a pay day for the Cougars, they should have plenty cash.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
                Facility wise Augie is far ahead I think, everything is on campus and stadium is complete and not a work in progress. Would a recruit would I want to fight traffic every day to get to practice and workouts?
                I could be wrong, but I believe USF holds all practices and workouts on progress. Only games are held off campus.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                  Next week, not next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    I could be wrong, but I believe USF holds all practices and workouts on progress. Only games are held off campus.
                    USF doesn't have practice fields on Campus that they could use. All of their practices are held off campus. Before they had their own Football Stadium, they use to play and practice at Howard Wood and sometimes had played some of their games at O'Gorman's facility.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      It is my understanding that the football team has it's workouts (lifting, speed, agility) in the bubble complex at sanford as well as practice on the field. The old practice fields, really just one 80 yard long strip of grass has been turned into parking. This info is from a close personal friend of mine that was a member of last year's championship team.

I apologize for the Sid Hartman cliche.

Comment

I stand corrected. Thanks SD-State and UWM for the correction.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                        X