UNI dropping baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI dropping baseball

This is all fine and dandy, promoted by people with good intentions, but...where is the money going to come from if the sport is reinstated? Cut another sport? Ask UNI students to up their fees so 20 guys can play baseball? Ask the university to cut an academic program so the baseball program can remain at UNI? Carve 5% from the budgets of other existing sport programs and give it to baseball?

Economic realities forced the UNI folks to make a very difficult decision, one they didn't want to make.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      BTW, SDSU has a reasonable chance of being competititve in the summit in swimming and tennis. We have a long ways to go to knock ORU off in baseball.
      Maybe not a long ways...just took 3 of 4 from #2...this team is anxious to tackle #1 (I do know they beat us earlier...but that was "then" and this is "now"!) GO JACKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Maybe not a long ways...just took 3 of 4 from #2...this team is anxious to tackle #1 (I do know they beat us earlier...but that was "then" and this is "now"!) GO JACKS!!
        Of course, there's the matter of that 100+ position gap in RPI.

A fieldhouse sure would be nice..... Too bad I don't have a few mill squirreled away in muni bonds somewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X