UND's new mascot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND's new mascot

I like Flickertails also, but believe Rough Riders will get picked. Interesting in that their logo may go from the east side of Sioux Falls (Washington Warriors is similar but much different background) to the west (Roosevelt).

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The UND Flood. After all the Red River does that about every year.
      I'd still lilke to know what a Westerwind is WIU?

Comment

Red river bandits

Wasn't there an old west gang by that name? Maybe in the movies.

Hey, The Apple Dumpling Gang!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
          He was always against the name change and even went as far as suggesting that if they do change the name they should make it the "Fighting 7th Cavalry" or at least the UND Cavalry.
          And there you have the reason that the tribes have a problem with UND using the Sioux nickname while colleges in other parts of the country have managed to get the tribes to approve of using the tribal name.

Comment

I think you are oversimplifying it Rodentia. Florida State has a much larger pool of funds and I would bet the political backing to keep the tribes happy. UND has none of that. Now lashing back is never positive but that has nothing to do with why they can't get approval while others have.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1 View Post
              And there you have the reason that the tribes have a problem with UND using the Sioux nickname while colleges in other parts of the country have managed to get the tribes to approve of using the tribal name.
              Yah, they are not big followers of ACC football. So I guess they dont get it and dont care to get it. Its their pride we are talking about. Perhaps we should live on the reservation for 30 days or so, then maybe we might start to understand how the tribes sees it.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                It's a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Straight 8. Fireball 8. Only 8,985 production models. Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway. But not on Monday, definitely not on Monday. Uh Oh. Fifteen minutes to Wapner.
                You forgot to mention that Sanford Babbitt is your father.

Comment

UND Ice Age

UND SUE (mascot a lawyer)

UND SOO

Certainly don't want Fighting Sue, as, by definition, to sue is to be in an adversarial role. Dept of Redundancy Dept.

UND Patriots for all the Nukes that used to be handled out of Grand Forks AFB.

UND Lignite

UND Flood for their annual flood fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    UND Patriots for all the Nukes that used to be handled out of Grand Forks AFB
                    Wouldn't that be, more appropriately, the UND Minutemen?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      Wouldn't that be, more appropriately, the UND Minutemen?
                      Hey, there's an idea. How about the UND BUFFs?

(BUFF: Big Ugly Fat F***er)

Comment

I'd vote for Fighting Sue, fight song - A Boy Named Sue, Change colors to all black, change logos to headshot of Johnny Cash, name penalty box Folsom Prison

Comment

sea kittens maybe?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                          X