Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colton Iverson

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    I started a thread on the Yotes board about Iverson as well. I am a Yankton native so I have obvious interest in Colton and how he does at Minnesota. It just happens to be that Minnesota is my favorite major college team as well. Nice mix for my interest in this situation. First of all I think it's amazing that a program as inept as the Yankton basketball could produce such a good player. Yankton is a football town first and foremost and basketball will likely always take a back seat.

I think it's fair to say based on what Colton has done so far that odds are that he will be the best prep turned mens college basketball player to come out of South Dakota since Mike Miller. I noticed Colton had great energy and either blocks or alters alot of shots. He is always causing problems in the paint for the opposing team trying to score.

As a Gopher fan it's really nice to see that Tubby is getting that program turned around. They looked good against Virginia and should make a very good run at the NCAA tourney this year. I used to root for the Gophers everytime. Now that USD is D1 any potential game against the Yotes would be the only one I would have to cheer against Minnesota.
    I agree that Colton looks good but don't get too excited about the Gophers. The FB fans did that with Brewster and look where you ended up. Tubby and the boys haven't played anybody yet. Virginia is an ACC team but they are picked to finish at the bottom of the league, still better than anybody else Minnesota has played this year but not a great team. They barely beat Col St, Georgia St, and Bowling Green. The Louisville game on a neutral court is the first real test they face. Then they open op conference play with the Spartans, Buckeyes, Hawkeyes, and Badgers in the first 5 games.

I'm not saying they aren't better than they were, how could the be worse? I'm just saying......
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I agree that Colton looks good but don't get too excited about the Gophers. The FB fans did that with Brewster and look where you ended up. Tubby and the boys haven't played anybody yet. Virginia is an ACC team but they are picked to finish at the bottom of the league, still better than anybody else Minnesota has played this year but not a great team. They barely beat Col St, Georgia St, and Bowling Green. The Louisville game on a neutral court is the first real test they face. Then they open op conference play with the Spartans, Buckeyes, Hawkeyes, and Badgers in the first 5 games.

I'm not saying they aren't better than they were, how could the be worse? I'm just saying......
      I don't think you can find many Gopher fans at the time of the coaching changes for both programs nearly as excited about Brewster as they were for Smith. I never thought Brewster would do much to turn the program around. Smith on the other hand is a proven winner and knows how to coach the game. U of M's decent basketball tradition is a quite a bit better than what they have done in football. At least when looking at the past 30 years.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I don't think you can find many Gopher fans at the time of the coaching changes for both programs nearly as excited about Brewster as they were for Smith. I never thought Brewster would do much to turn the program around. Smith on the other hand is a proven winner and knows how to coach the game. U of M's decent basketball tradition is a quite a bit better than what they have done in football. At least when looking at the past 30 years.
        I agree. Tubby was quiet and went about his business. Brewster couldn't resist any form of media. The Gopher fans I know reacted more like Viking fans, "Just wait, they will blow it somehow."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Anyone going up Wednesday for the SDSU/UM game?

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
            Anyone going up Wednesday for the SDSU/UM game?
            I can't make it, on call that day, hunting pheasants on Saturday as part of our christmas celebration at the clinic.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I'll be there...and Tuesday night as well. After the last SDSU vs MN WBB dust-up, I assume there will be a fair amount of interest up there on this one.

Comment

We'll be there for the men's game. Wearing blue and cheering for both the Rabbits and Colt. Pregame at Blarney's Pub.
                http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=13&calcid=685

Comment

Story about Colton posted today on the StarTribune website:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...c8LDyiUiacyKUU
                  "You trusted us"

Comment

Nice/signature win for Tubby and the Gophers over Louisville. I watched the last 10 minutes and the Gophers really showed some composure. Pitino really seems like a jerk but he is fairly good at what he does. Colton didn't stand out but he did a nice job.

Maybe these Tubbies, I mean Gophers, are for real. The Big 10 schedule will tell us more but for now it looks promising for Gopher fans.

Comment

I watched that game & both teams were extremely frustrated by the refs. Westbrook's 4th foul was absurd, but those calls were made all day against both teams. Good win for the Gophers.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                        I watched that game & both teams were extremely frustrated by the refs. Westbrook's 4th foul was absurd, but those calls were made all day against both teams. Good win for the Gophers.
                        I have been a Gophers fan for a long time. It's good to see they are finally looking reputable again in a major sport because it's been awhile. I don't know if Hockey is considered a major sport of not, probably not on a national scale.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I have been a Gophers fan for a long time. It's good to see they are finally looking reputable again in a major sport because it's been awhile. I don't know if Hockey is considered a major sport of not, probably not on a national scale.
                          Those schools that have hockey certainly consider it a major sport . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                          X