Colton Iverson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colton Iverson

Watching the Big Ten Network with Minn playing Eastern Washington.Colton had a great first half and the announcers are gushing all over him. Plus cool to hear Yankton, South Dakota said on the tv.

Re: Colton Iverson

Finished with 20 points 5 rebounds 4assists 1 blocked shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      Finished with 20 points 5 rebounds 4assists 1 blocked shot.
      That is a seriously solid line. My goodness I didn't realize he was going to make that kind of impact immediately. He would have looked so much better in Yellow and Blue.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I know the Iverson family well enough. His dad Chuck told me that they liked Coach Nagy and what SDSU had to offer. They were also very interested in NDSU until Miles left. Then, Colton blew up at the summer camps before his senior season and their focus changed to Big 12 and Big 10 programs and Florida. Billy Donovan was in Yankton a couple of different times. Tubby eventually won Colton over largely because Tubby wanted him to play and play a lot right away. The family was very impressed with Billy but Billy could not guarantee playing time and he was flirting with NBA contracts.

Had Miles stayed at NDSU I think they would have chosen the Bison over the Jackrabbits. However, that contention became a moot point when some of the elite programs in the nation got involved.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think its going to be a while before SDSU will be in a position to be able to attract these talented athletes. In my day, there was a guy from Watertown named Tom McGran, about 6'8". His old high school coach Jim Marking could not push him to Brookings. He too ended with a career with the Golden Gophers. Not the first with Iverson and maybe not the last unless our program makes progress big time. I am trying to be honest and not stiring the pot here. There is no question we could use a Colton Iverson.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 11-30-2008, 10:20 AM.

Comment

But it only takes one of these players to make a lasting impact at a school. Hopefully sometime in the near future we get lucky and get someone like this. Imagine hiim on SDSU's roster this year?

Comment

Speaking of Colton Iverson, He'll be on ESPN 2 tomorrow night at 830. Minnesota plays virginia in the acc/big 10 challenge

Comment

Game's on...Iverson starting...scored Minnesota's first two points.

The announcers noted the Virginia fans are familiar with Iverson's backup, Ralph Sampson III. Then they pointed out Iverson's dad was a Sonic.

Comment

ya he looks pretty good out there so far. had a nice dunk too.

Comment

Minnesota wins. 66-56

Iverson: 14 points and 7 rebounds. Crowd gave him a nice round of applause when he took a seat with a minute plus to go in the game.

Goophers now 7-0.

Comment

I've been surprised with Colton. I watched him play as a Freshman and he had problems running down the floor yet doing anything with the basketball. He really blew up though in the past 2 years.

Comment

Ivy may not have the big name that Sampson III does but he's a far better player right now than Ralph. He'll just continue to improve and that should be a little scary for the rest of the Big 10. Really proud of him and looking forward to seeing him play in person next week.

Comment

I visited with Colton's dad Chuck today at the QB club. He is the AD at Mount Marty and wasn't able to be at the game last night. Colton played a great game and is going to be a force in the Big 10 even as a freshman. I mentioned to Chuck that they said his name once but talked about Ralph Jr. the whole game. Chuck said his wife complained that they didn't mention her name. After all, as it applies to having Colton, when it gets right down to it, she did all the work while Chuck was having all the fun. Chuck is a very humble guy and I think Colton is too. He was sure fun to watch last night and I look forward to seeing him more often.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Gophers Blog on the Trib, I can't remember the guys name, but he is really impressed with Colton. He is playing really well. I would be surprised to see MN not make the big dance with a fairly decent seed. Next year, they have another good class coming in and will be even better. Tubby has done the job.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I started a thread on the Yotes board about Iverson as well. I am a Yankton native so I have obvious interest in Colton and how he does at Minnesota. It just happens to be that Minnesota is my favorite major college team as well. Nice mix for my interest in this situation. First of all I think it's amazing that a program as inept as the Yankton basketball could produce such a good player. Yankton is a football town first and foremost and basketball will likely always take a back seat.

I think it's fair to say based on what Colton has done so far that odds are that he will be the best prep turned mens college basketball player to come out of South Dakota since Mike Miller. I noticed Colton had great energy and either blocks or alters alot of shots. He is always causing problems in the paint for the opposing team trying to score.

As a Gopher fan it's really nice to see that Tubby is getting that program turned around. They looked good against Virginia and should make a very good run at the NCAA tourney this year. I used to root for the Gophers everytime. Now that USD is D1 any potential game against the Yotes would be the only one I would have to cheer against Minnesota.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                              X