Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA v UND lawsuit status

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    The settlement allows them to keep most of the logos in the hockey arena, even if they have to change. The only ones they would ahve to change are those that will wear out, i.e. logos in the carpet, on the seats. One news report included the logos in the tile, but I'm not sure when they would wear out. The rest have to be gone in 15 years.
    Actually, only a few logos will remain. Sculptures, plaques, championship banners and trophies may remain because of historical or artistic significance. The logos in the granite floors of the REA may remain because removing them would be cost prohibitive. Everything else must be removed by various deadlines.

Logos on decals and other disposable items must be removed by the beginning of the 2011-12 academic year.

Brassed etched logos and lighted exterior logos must be removed by the end of 2011.

Logos in the carpet, turf, tile, laminate or wood flooring, aisle seating standards, and the etched glassed doors to the club areas of the REA must all be removed by the end of 2012.

Imagery found in administrative and non-public areas must be removed by the end of 2013.

Etched glass doors leading to the administrative areas of the REA must be removed by the end of 2015.

If there really are 4000 logos in the REA, the above will account for probably 3800+. Of course, if UND gets tribal approval, none of this applies.

Comment

Re: NCAA v UND lawsuit status

Good information, I will definitely go with yours over the limited media reports I saw. thanks.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
      X