No announcement yet.

Conference Merry Go Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This rumor is once again making the rounds -- Missouri State will leave the MVFC and move to FBS Sun Belt Conference. (reported by Matt Brown, writer on Extra Points Newsletter). This rumor was circulating a few months ago and then died down but apparently it's picked up some new legs. .

The Springfield News-Leader paper in newspaper in Springfield, MO ran the story Wednesday, 10/12/22. .
    https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...c/69556069007/

Comment

The chess pieces are starting to move out west. San Diego State reportedly going to the Pac 12 and will be announced this week, per Dan Patrick Show.

Edit: I would be very happy if SDSU was replaced by SDSU.
      Last edited by DieselJacks; 11-07-2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
        The chess pieces are starting to move out west. San Diego State reportedly going to the Pac 12 and will be announced this week, per Dan Patrick Show.

Edit: I would be very happy if SDSU was replaced by SDSU.
        I wonder if Boise State is also poised to make a move? Would love to see SDSU and NDSU into the Mountain West along with the Montana schools. Would prefer football only, but that may not be an option.

Comment

San Diego States says there's nothing to rumor they're leaving for the Pac 12 -- which probably means they'll be moving soon
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I wonder if Boise State is also poised to make a move? Would love to see SDSU and NDSU into the Mountain West along with the Montana schools. Would prefer football only, but that may not be an option.
            I'm sure Hawaii would absolutely LOVE those late November trips to the Dakotas...
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I'm sure Hawaii would absolutely LOVE those late November trips to the Dakotas...
              Too bad they won't drop football. Those would be wicked travel expenses.

Comment

Why not conference of SDSU, NDSU, MSU, UM, WSU, ISU, UW, CSU, AFA, USU, UI?
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  Why not conference of SDSU, NDSU, MSU, UM, WSU, ISU, UW, CSU, AFA, USU, UI?
                  The "Mountain" portion of the MWC would be an idea I could support.

Tangentially related -- how awesome would it be to establish some scheduling arrangement with the service academies given SD's level of military enlistment

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    San Diego States says there's nothing to rumor they're leaving for the Pac 12 -- which probably means they'll be moving soon
                    some updates

"At a swim and dive championship banquet in Houston yesterday, the San Diego State Athletic Director told people SDSU will be joining the Pac-12 and it will be announced soon." tweet source - guy covers Arizona Wildcats athletics for what it's worth - 13k followers but no blue check mark

also from reporter Jon Wilner with The Mercury News (a San Jose paper), “The [Pac-12] university presidents discussed SMU and San Diego State as expansion candidates during a meeting last week and approved commissioner George Kliavkoff taking the next step in the complicated process of adding membership, according to sources with knowledge of the meeting.

Sources emphasized that the approval was informal in nature — the presidents did not vote to add specific schools — but expansion is viewed as highly likely.”

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post

some updates

"At a swim and dive championship banquet in Houston yesterday, the San Diego State Athletic Director told people SDSU will be joining the Pac-12 and it will be announced soon." tweet source - guy covers Arizona Wildcats athletics for what it's worth - 13k followers but no blue check mark

also from reporter Jon Wilner with The Mercury News (a San Jose paper), “The [Pac-12] university presidents discussed SMU and San Diego State as expansion candidates during a meeting last week and approved commissioner George Kliavkoff taking the next step in the complicated process of adding membership, according to sources with knowledge of the meeting.

Sources emphasized that the approval was informal in nature — the presidents did not vote to add specific schools — but expansion is viewed as highly likely.”
                      SMU? SMU? Yeesh. If true...How the self-viewed mighty Pac-12 has fallen!

(The Big 12 swooping in and grabbing SMU would make a lot more sense to me...it doesn't add a new market, but the SMU-TCU 'civil wars' in DFW would definitely add some spice there.)
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What’s the future of SDSU/NDSU in the MVC and Summit? Does the Summit expand to solidify or lose members and react?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
                          What’s the future of SDSU/NDSU in the MVC and Summit? Does the Summit expand to solidify or lose members and react?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          IMHO there's a bigger chance of SDSU and/or NDSU going up to FBS than there is for them to join the MVC. I don't think the MVC has a lot of interest in expanding their footprint into the Dakotas at all.

What might change that is if the SU's make the men's NCAA tournament and make a couple of Sweet Sixteens
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

St. Francis Brooklyn of the NEC announced their athletics program is getting cut completely. I think a lot of smaller conferences are going to see programs struggle like this in the future. I still have concerns in the Summit League with Western Illinois.
                            Last edited by DieselJacks; 03-20-2023, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                              St. Francis Brooklyn of the NEC announced their athletics program is getting cut completely. I think a lot of smaller conferences are going to see programs struggle like this in the future. I still have concerns in the Summit League with Western Illinois.
                              It's my shortest drive to see the Jacks, but WIU would be better off in the OVC or dropping to D2 and joining the Great Lakes Valley--they'd be a natural rival for Truman and Quincy. However, no one I've talked to, including someone who coordinates refs for the GLVC wants to drive up there. If you've been to Kirksville, the idea that Macomb is even more isolated is pretty depressing.

Comment

It looks like Colorado is rejoining the Big 12. The next few months are going to be interesting. Will the Pac 12 survive? If they do, who do they take as members? If they take from the Mountain West, who will the MWC take to replace members? Although unlikely, the Jacks may get involved in this round of the circus.

Comment

Working...
                                X