NDSU vs. Minnesota predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU vs. Minnesota predictions

I'm not all that surprised. The Gophers stink this year. I can't believe Glen Mason is still coaching there. He should have been let go last year after their annual appearance in the Toilet Bowl or Music City Bowl or whatever. Instead, they gave him an extension. I wonder what Sid Hartman (40-0 prediction) is thinking now about his precious Goophers.

Suggestion for Minnesota AD: Fire Mason and hire Bohl this offseason.

Comment

Bison have had success on the ground. 1st down, crossed Gopher's 50, 1 minute left in half. Started drive on the ground, three straight passes. Just took a sack. Time out NDSU. Don't move the ball any further. 1st punt of the half w/22 seconds left.

Who would have guess the Bison would have dominated the half against a Big Ten team. Yes, the controlled the entire half. Tipped pass INT and fumble on a punt return are the only things that have stopped NDSU's offense. Their defense put the clamps on the Gophers. I would not want to be a Gopher player this half time. Glen Mason is going to bust a nut on these guys.

Article in the Star Tribune today by a writer for them who's a Sioux grad. Great question, are the Sioux pulling for NDSU of U of M. A guy from Grand Forks was asked and he replied that while it would be great for the state of ND if NDSU won, Sioux fans would have to listen to Bison fans crow forever, kind of like they're still crowing about the Wisconsin BB victory last year.

Should be an interesting 2nd half. I've got my TiVo running, not going to miss any of this game.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
        Bison have had success on the ground.  1st down, crossed Gopher's 50, 1 minute left in half.  Started drive on the ground, three straight passes. Just took a sack. Time out NDSU.  Don't move the ball any further. 1st punt of the half w/22 seconds left.  

Who would have guess the Bison would have dominated the half against a Big Ten team.  Yes, the controlled the entire half.  Tipped pass INT and fumble on a punt return are the only things that have stopped NDSU's offense. Their defense put the clamps on the Gophers.  I would not want to be a Gopher player this half time. Glen Mason is going to bust a nut on these guys.

Article in the Star Tribune today by a writer for them who's a Sioux grad.  Great question, are the Sioux pulling for NDSU of U of M.  A guy from Grand Forks was asked and he replied that while it would be great for the state of ND if NDSU won, Sioux fans would have to listen to Bison fans crow forever, kind of like they're still crowing about the Wisconsin BB victory last year.

Should be an interesting 2nd half. I've got my TiVo running, not going to miss any of this game.

Keep up the play Bison. From: USD

Comment

The announce crew on Fox Sports which is broadcasting the game is doing a great job of being pretty neutral even though they are the UM broadcasters.  They are giving NDSU a lot of credit where credit is due. They just need to have done a little more homework before the game.  One announcer said that with 1AA having playoffs this game is a great way for NDSU to get a playoff type of game in before the post season. I don't think he realized they are not eligible yet. Oh well. Still enjoying watching NDSU on TV, playing great, and with a decent announce crew.

Edit: must have been tipped off to NDSU not being playoff eligible because he just corrected himself during the halftime run down.

Comment

Originally posted by dr_jack
            I'm not all that surprised. The Gophers stink this year. I can't believe Glen Mason is still coaching there. He should have been let go last year after their annual appearance in the Toilet Bowl or Music City Bowl or whatever. Instead, they gave him an extension. I wonder what Sid Hartman (40-0 prediction) is thinking now about his precious Goophers.

Suggestion for Minnesota AD: Fire Mason and hire Bohl this offseason.
            No matter what the outcome of this game, it will show how much a great coach can overcome perceived disadvantages. Less scholarships...not a problem. Lesser athletes...no worries. Better coaches...there's a difference maker. Not saying you could put Jim Tressel on the Jacks sideline and you'd have a national contender. Just saying when you have a good coach that the players believe in they often perform up to his level. Not always, but obviously Coach Bohl has been able to find players that buy into his system and produce a great team. Win or lose today, they have just landed a number of recruits by competing if even for one half.

Comment

Bison start half with good kick return. Three good returns so far on special teams for NDSU.

Good drive to start the half. Mixing runs and passes well. Steffes is a good, solid back for NDSU. Never seen him play until today.

Fisrt and goal at the 5. Great pass and catch for NDSU.

Comment

1st down - Steffes to the 2 1/2 yard line
                2nd down - Steffes stuffed. No gain
                3rd & goal from the 3 - play action pass...QB tripped up on the sprint out...stopped at 5 yard linea
                4th down - FG attempt - no good - hit upright.

Comment

Bison defense holds again!! Gophers are being completely out coached and out played.

Bison take over on their own 22 after the punt.

Comment

I can't help rooting for the Bison, but I agree, they're going to be even more insufferable if they pull this one out.

It looks to me like NDSU is just outplaying Minnesota. Minnesota's offense is pathetic.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Great comment by the TV announcer - we all know the Gophers can't score twice on this Bison defense!! Priceless.

Comment

Great string for the gopher...offense gets shut down again. Defense holds the Bison...roughing the punter penalty extends the bison drive.

End of 3 - Bison 6, Gophers 3

Go Bison!!

Comment

Gophers score 10 to 6 in favor of Gophers.

Bison start on their 20 after a Gopher touchback kick.

Comment

NDSU kicks a field goal to close the gap at 10-9.

Comment

Bison have a loooong way to go with 2:14 remaining. Just need to get in FG range....

Comment

I have a feeling the Bison are going to pull this one out . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X