Why USD CAN go DI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why USD CAN go DI.

I have heard it's going to happen, that USD2 will make the move to D1. I have also heard that it is already really hurting their recruiting also. Most USD folks think they are just to small to be D1.

Comment

I've also heard Abbott is on board and that "the money is in place to make the move". As I have said before, thats just what I heard.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I heard usd was going to focus on becoming the Princeton/Harvard/Oxford of of the prairie.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
          I heard usd was going to focus on becoming the Princeton/Harvard/Oxford of of the prairie.

That was last week's plan. I think the new plan is to try and be SDSU tag along little brother. ;D

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
            [quote author=jacksfaninne link=1150320172/315#317 date=1164044276]I heard usd was going to focus on becoming the Princeton/Harvard/Oxford of of the prairie.

That was last week's plan.  I think the new plan is to try and be SDSU tag along little brother.   ;D

Go State!  
            [/quote]

And at best they will only be the red-headed step child that everyone beats.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
              [quote author=jacksfaninne link=1150320172/315#317 date=1164044276]I heard usd was going to focus on becoming the Princeton/Harvard/Oxford of of the prairie.

That was last week's plan. I think the new plan is to try and be SDSU tag along little brother. ;D

Go State!
              [/quote]
              I thought that UND and USD were already guaranteed to join the BS Conference upon annoucnincing their intentions to move up to Division I. : : :

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                [quote author=89rabbit link=1150320172/315#318 date=1164046642][quote author=jacksfaninne link=1150320172/315#317 date=1164044276]I heard usd was going to focus on becoming the Princeton/Harvard/Oxford of of the prairie.

That was last week's plan.  I think the new plan is to try and be SDSU tag along little brother.   ;D

Go State!  
                [/quote]
                I thought that UND and USD were already guaranteed to join the BS Conference upon annoucnincing their intentions to move up to Division I.  : : :[/quote]

After how the BS mainstays in the neighboring state have treated return games to the Dakotas, I say let the UxD's have the BS. Besides, with no baseball, wrestling or swimming, the BS would better fit UxD's athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
                  no baseball, wrestling or swimming
                  And, quite obviously, no clue
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I don't think USD and it's followers have any idea the resentment at SDSU over the way we were treated from the Oien situation at the USD Basketball game to scheduling and some of the rhetoric coming from the Coyote Admin and it's leadership after we announced we were moving up. I would be very surprised if SDSU cooperates much with USD while they go through their own transition. I also know from a good source many of the Regents will be asking USD questions over where and how they will fund this move. I think in the end they will give their blessing, but not before some tough questions are answered. I would support SDSU not playing USD in any sport until they have completed their transition.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      I don't think USD and it's followers have any idea the resentment at SDSU over the way we were treated from the Oien situation at the USD Basketball game to scheduling and some of the rhetoric coming from the Coyote Admin and it's leadership after we announced we were moving up. I would be very surprised if SDSU cooperates much with USD while they go through their own transition. I also know from a good source many of the Regents will be asking USD questions over where and how they will fund this move. I think in the end they will give their blessing, but not before some tough questions are answered. I would support SDSU not playing USD in any sport until they have completed their transition.
                      Couldn't agree more. We don't need any games with USD. We had to go through the indy schedule with no help from the old NCC, why should we bring back a rivalry that will only help them out? They turned their backs on us during the transition, we shouldn't lift a finger to help them. We'll likely be in the mid-con and gateway any way, we don't need schedule fillers. If we play at all, it should be for brookings only until the transition is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Statebasketballfan
                        [quote author=JACKGUYII link=1150320172/315#323 date=1164065213]I don't think USD and it's followers have any idea the resentment at SDSU over the way we were treated from the Oien situation at the USD Basketball game to scheduling and some of the rhetoric coming from the Coyote Admin and it's leadership after we announced we were moving up. I would be very surprised if SDSU cooperates much with USD while they go through their own transition. I also know from a good source many of the Regents will be asking USD questions over where and how they will fund this move. I think in the end they will give their blessing, but not before some tough questions are answered. I would support SDSU not playing USD in any sport until they have completed their transition.
                        Couldn't agree more.  We don't need any games with USD.  We had to go through the indy schedule with no help from the old NCC, why should we bring back a rivalry that will only help them out?  They turned their backs on us during the transition, we shouldn't lift a finger to help them.  We'll likely be in the mid-con and gateway any way, we don't need schedule fillers.  If we play at all, it should be for brookings only until the transition is over.     [/quote]

Agreed and agreed. USD gritted their teeth and told us we were "on our own". Same goes for them.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Even before the big-time, hoidy-toidy consulting firm gave its report a few weeks back, sources close to me here in Yankton said it's not a matter of "if" USD goes D-I, it's "when." I made the observation that over the past 10 years particularly, USD has been playing "catch-up" to SDSU. Examples are marketing (SDSU came out with "You Can Go Anywhere From Here," and the U followed with "Extraordinary&quot and scholarships (Jackrabbit Guarantee followed by Promise Scholarship). It appears the D-I move is yet another example.

Comment

Originally posted by sdhistorian
                            I made the observation that over the past 10 years particularly, USD has been playing "catch-up" to SDSU.  Examples are marketing (SDSU came out with "You Can Go Anywhere From Here," and the U followed with "Extraordinary&quot and scholarships (Jackrabbit Guarantee followed by Promise Scholarship).  It appears the D-I move is yet another example.
                            I keep hearing USD posters claiming that USD is a flagship university. I always associate a flagship university as one that leads not follows. I'm not sure what kind of a university USD is, but flagship is not one of them.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I seem to be hearing a lot about this USD. It sounds familiar. Who are they again?
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                                [quote author=sdhistorian link=1150320172/315#326 date=1164143184]I made the observation that over the past 10 years particularly, USD has been playing "catch-up" to SDSU.  Examples are marketing (SDSU came out with "You Can Go Anywhere From Here," and the U followed with "Extraordinary&quot and scholarships (Jackrabbit Guarantee followed by Promise Scholarship).  It appears the D-I move is yet another example.
                                I keep hearing USD posters claiming that USD is a flagship university.  I always associate a flagship university as one that leads not follows.  I'm not sure what kind of a university USD is, but flagship is not one of them.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                                [/quote]

USD a "flagship university", no!
                                USD a "listing ship", quite probably!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X