Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I'd guess that Amy Williams as the #1 target is a stretch. I'd like to think that in their minds their #1 target is like Notre Dame's coach or you know someone who has gone to a Final 4 or something.

She is a former player; but my guess is her success at USD (area school) would be looked at more so than the fact that she played at Nebraska. She played there 18 years ago, and according to her bio hasn't been an assistant at UNL since. There are probably very few people that are still there that were there when she played.

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ listened; and actually considered it if contacted. It kinda fits the job I feel he'd leave for.

UNL has a newer A.D., and he went for that left field coach when they hired the football coach after Pelini was fired.

Could also go after former USD coach and current Colorado State Coach in Ryun Williams, Nebraska is a pretty big job, so I'm guessing there will be some interest.
    $700,000 will guarantee there will be interest. Hell, I'm interested and I don't coach basketball.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
      Per the USD board, Yori's salary was $707,000. Amy & AJ are likely both near the top of the list.

You have to wonder with how this went down, and the fact that they are still paying Pelini if they would want go for a "less-expensive" coach.

Comment

According to the World-Herald, there's an investigation going on concerning whether or not she was mistreating her players.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

With Williams ties to Nebraska and her recent success, the speculation on this one is going to be through the roof. If she has no interest in the job (and she may not), she would be wise to come out with a definitive statement saying so, and the sooner the better. If I was a Coyote fan and don't hear this in the next 24 hours or so, I would be very worried.

Comment

For the first time in my life I'm going to be cheering hard for Amy Williams to win something. Go Amy! Nail that interview! We definitely don't need to be losing both of our coaches this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              With Williams ties to Nebraska and her recent success, the speculation on this one is going to be through the roof. If she has no interest in the job (and she may not), she would be wise to come out with a definitive statement saying so, and the sooner the better. If I was a Coyote fan and don't hear this in the next 24 hours or so, I would be very worried.
              If she has no interest in a job that paid the last coach $700k+ then she needs to have her head examined.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                If she has no interest in a job that paid the last coach $700k+ then she needs to have her head examined.
                LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  LOL!
                  I'm waiting for someone to tell me that money isn't everything.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Worried isn't the word. It would really suck to lose her but it would be an incredible opportunity and her career would come full circle. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Comment

Nebraska WBB Head Coaching position now open.

Hopefully they fill from within and fast. Don't come prying around Brookings, but Vermillion is fine.

http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...a8006eb5c.html

Comment

Re: Nebraska WBB Head Coaching position now open.

Typical freshman...

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...165#post295165

Comment

It isn't.

But a move from Vermillion to Lincoln and the Summit league to the Big 10 plus a substantial increase in salary and a return to your alma mater....that's pretty much everything.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You're really comparing a coaching move from SDSU/USD to any Big 10 school as the same as moving to a middling Horizon League school that half the people in Ohio wouldn't know?

Nagy will find out that $$ isn't everything when he's coaching a D2 school in Illinois in a few years.

Don't me wrong...I have a lot of faith in Nagy...What I don't have is a lot of faith in is a D1 shool that's not even the best program in their own town and an AD that just canned his previous coach after making the championship game of the HL conference championship.
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I worry bout about AJ in the Goophers job opens up. Would think he would be on their short list and thats probably one that could pull him easier then a lot of other jobs.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I worry bout about AJ in the Goophers job opens up. Would think he would be on their short list and thats probably one that could pull him easier then a lot of other jobs.
                                He didn't get the job 2 years ago when it was open. And that was after we took Minnesota down in the WNIT the day before their previous coach got fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X