Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Sky and FBS

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    13 posts about unsupported speculation on a Big Sky message board? Have some pie!
    Pie becomes very popular in the off-season. Not much meat and potatoes to eat right now.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      I've learned to not say "that won't happen" when it comes to many things especially conference movement. However I don't think it makes much sense. I understand that some teams fan bases think that they can make more money, blah blah blah, and the exposure, and we can compete, etc. However its another what 20 scholarships? How much more with recruitment, how much more with travel and then you get to go play in the Hoboken State Bowl in Michigan once every 4 years and talk about how good you are and hang a banner in your stadium and talk bout that one year you were decent.

Unless you are geographically in an area (by the coast), or you have a school name that will garner attention (some of the Northeast schools), I just don't see it making any sense. The 1-AA is really solid football, with nice complexes and decent financials. I guess I'd rather see that then the University of New Mexico playing in front of a few thousand who stink every year.
      Hoboken is in new jersey. Detroit had the Pizza Bowl when PapaJohns or Little Ceasers sponsored it. Now its some car repair company I've never heard of. Lets not insult Michigan with a Jersey reference call it the Ypsilanti State Bowl home of EMU. Although Rutgers did destroy North Carolina last year.

Comment

this thread makes me laugh...........half the schools in that league are hanging on financially by strings, it's not allowed in the ncaa to jump up as a conference, UND has yet to win a meaningful game in DI ans this nut job thinks they will be FBS, but finds it Preposterous if a NDSU fan brings up possible jumps to FBS.

its a ton of fun to read on a Sunday afternoon
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          this thread makes me laugh...........half the schools in that league are hanging on financially by strings, it's not allowed in the ncaa to jump up as a conference, UND has yet to win a meaningful game in DI ans this nut job thinks they will be FBS, but finds it Preposterous if a NDSU fan brings up possible jumps to FBS.

its a ton of fun to read on a Sunday afternoon
          I too wonder about financial condition of many of these schools, particularly No. Colo. and SUU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I too wonder about financial condition of many of these schools, particularly No. Colo. and SUU.
            Portland St is probably not going to have football in 2 years or sooner imo....they are in a financial review period I believe
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
            X