Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carl Pelini resigning from FAU, ESPN reports

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    This is why these things are a big deal RO, not picking on you but your opening response to this thread.
    Cocaine is why weed is a big deal? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, to be honest. My response to this thread was when the original facts were presented. Now the facts have changed. Cocaine use is much more serious (and deadly) than smoking weed. I don't know what my original response has to do with that.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      I agree. But just like with alcohol, there are degrees. There's a difference between having a glass of wine with dinner 3 times a week and alcoholism and alcohol dependence. Just like there is a difference between toking up on a weekend and watching stupid movies and the high all the time pop culture stoner trope.

It also depends on the person. Some people can handle drinking alcohol casually while some people can't. Same with weed. (Insert something about personal liberties and freedoms or something blah blah.)

The thing I DO agree with is that the coach should have known how it would come off and put himself in a better situation. I just find it stupid that it is necessary to do so.
      After knocking heads for the last few years, we have found common ground in this post. This is the best ever, RO. One that I missed when I was 14 years old and tasted my first barley pop. I don't want to turn this into a recovery group meeting, but this stated above is fact.
      Rep pts. given.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Cocaine is why weed is a big deal? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, to be honest. My response to this thread was when the original facts were presented. Now the facts have changed. Cocaine use is much more serious (and deadly) than smoking weed. I don't know what my original response has to do with that.
        You mentioned smoking weed as not being a big deal, but I suppose for certain people, its not a big deal. I never touched weed in my life and am doubtful I ever will. I am beginning to see some of the wisdom in legalizing weed as the War on Drugs is a colossal mistake, and a good way of jailing minorities and keeping them out of the job market. Yes cocaine is a serious matter, and a graduation in addiction from lesser harmful drugs, I presume. Not an expert in that area so don't really know, except that when I go the dentist novicaine is rightfully used to deaden the pain. I suppose novacaine is an addiction drug too. Carl has got a rough road ahead of him. He could be back as a coach somewhere, and someday.

Comment

As long as prisons are privatized and there is a prison-industrial complex, I fear that war on drugs will be be still thriving, wasting federal money and jailing people at a record rate.
          I highly suggest people to read about the prison-industrial complex and the military-industrial complex. It is truly fascinating but sickening at the same time
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            As long as prisons are privatized and there is a prison-industrial complex, I fear that war on drugs will be be still thriving, wasting federal money and jailing people at a record rate.
            I highly suggest people to read about the prison-industrial complex and the military-industrial complex. It is truly fascinating but sickening at the same time
            You want to see wasted money,an E-mail was sent to me showing a confiscated stash of money of one of the drug cartels in Mexico....22 billion dollars ,it was in a corner and it took up about 5ftx12ftx3ft in area of stacked bills...guess Mexican authority's keep all that money.How many starving people in this country would that feed?I guess as long as there are weak minded people who can't live life without artificial stimulation,there will always be
            this debate.

Comment

Pelini retracts his resignation. What a moron.http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#secti.../p2p-78094529/

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                Pelini retracts his resignation. What a moron.http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#secti.../p2p-78094529/
                Denied is the key word here.

Comment

Get some popcorn and settle in and watch this circus!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Get some popcorn and settle in and watch this circus!
                    Not necessarily a smoking gun here. Or his lawyer is also smoking cocaine.

Comment

Meadows named O-Cord.

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/articles...rdinator-.aspx
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                      X