Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Pelini resigning from FAU, ESPN reports

Carl Pelini resigning from FAU, ESPN reports

Wonder what this means for our former OC?
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Re: Carl Pelini resigning from FAU, ESPN reports

Sounds like both Pelini and his DC were not only at a function where there was marijuana used but make have joined in.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...esigned-at-fau

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      Sounds like both Pelini and his DC were not only at a function where there was marijuana used but make have joined in.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...esigned-at-fau
      Wow! I still can't believe how ppl can Blow a Great career making good money over some dope...

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        Carl Pelini resigning from FAU, ESPN reports

Wonder what this means for our former OC?
        I went to the website to read about it and clicked on Meadows profile and he was wearing a red tie. That just seems so wrong since he truly hated red while he was here....rightfully so.

Well that helps explain why he wanted the QB to down it on 4th down earlier this season.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Wow! I still can't believe how ppl can Blow a Great career making good money over some dope...
          I still can't believe people care that adults smoke some dope.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

well besides being against the law and everything........
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Apparently, it doesn't do wonders for one's judgement either.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Yeah, the law is the thing I'm referring to. The fact that it's against the law is one of the most hilarious things our country screwed up.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/1816...pot-weed-laws/

Comment

The Husker board has a funny thread going on the topic. Lots of funny plays on words and wisecracks (like: so a different kind of cloud hangs over Bo's program compared to Carl's program).

Sounds like the Offensive Coordinator, Brian Wright, will be the interim head guy (no pun intended on the use of the word 'head'). Maybe our guy Luke Meadows moves up from Offensive Line to OC?

Comment

Yeah, the law is the thing I'm referring to. The fact that it's against the law is one of the most hilarious things our country screwed up.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/1816...pot-weed-laws/
                    Spot on. I'm guessing you have seen The Union as well. Eye-opener
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

At the end of the season, I fear Luke and family will be moving on. A new coach rarely keeps the old staff. That new coach whoever he is no doubt has a bunch of guys lined up to move in. Jimmy Rogers has to be happy he came back here.

Comment

This was my initial reaction too.

I then thought about Stig, Nagy, AJ, Bohl, or Saul smoking weed and it would just reflect so poorly on the program/school.

If someone smokes they should be smart enough to do it secretly.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          This was my initial reaction too.

I then thought about Stig, Nagy, AJ, Bohl, or Saul smoking weed and it would just reflect so poorly on the program/school.

If someone smokes they should be smart enough to do it secretly.
                          That's the issue for me. If these guys were having a glass of wine or a beer, no one would care. The fact that our society finds one drug (alcohol) perfectly acceptable but another drug (marijuana) completely illegal and taboo is baffling. Especially when the acceptable drug causes more damage and harm. But hey, there's plenty of other things that are backwards in this country, and this one probably shouldn't be too high on our list of priorities. I just find the stigma that comes with pot hilarious.

Comment

That's the issue for me. If these guys were having a glass of wine or a beer, no one would care. The fact that our society finds one drug (alcohol) perfectly acceptable but another drug (marijuana) completely illegal and taboo is baffling. Especially when the acceptable drug causes more damage and harm. But hey, there's plenty of other things that are backwards in this country, and this one probably shouldn't be too high on our list of priorities. I just find the stigma that comes with pot hilarious.
                            I just thought of a name for this reaction, Francis Willard Hangover. Seriously if Coach Stig was anywhere near this incident, I too would want him fired. What's all this stuff about being drug free? If Pelini had attended a house party with just booze being serve, he would still be wrong and lose his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I just thought of a name for this reaction, Francis Willard Hangover. Seriously if Coach Stig was anywhere near this incident, I too would want him fired. What's all this stuff about being drug free? If Pelini had attended a house party with just booze being serve, he would still be wrong and lose his job.
                              This^ RO might no mind if he walked into a party and saw half of the team and the coaches all smoking weed (and maybe some of them on something other than weed). But there are a lot of people who wouldn't believe that is the type of situation they want in which their athletes and coaches are participating.

Comment

Working...
                              X