Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wisconsin and st johns to play at the pentagon

Originally posted by witness View Post
    I for one would not pay to watch Wisconsin play unless it was against State or another top tier Big 10 team. Zzzzzzz
    +1 Could you imagine the snooze fest A Wisconsin and Western Illinois game would be?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Army vs SDSU

Navy vs USD

Air Force vs UNO

Get the military schools to play in the Pentagon.
      Round it out and make it an all day affair - add Augie versus the Coast Guard or Salvation Army! (Sorry - not completely intended as smack in non-smack thread!)

I think it's a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Army vs SDSU

Navy vs USD

Air Force vs UNO

Get the military schools to play in the Pentagon.
        What about a SDSU vs. SDSU (San Diego State) and a USD vs. USD (San Diego) matchup?

battle of the SDSUs and USDs

Comment

Here's sample of play by play...."San Diego State brings the ball up with 8:17 left to play,San diego ST forces a turnover....San Diego state steals the ball on the inbound, bucket good,San Diego State trails by six.Here comes San diego state going the other way......you get the picture....

Comment

I think you sell out SDSU vs USF in that venue. I think if SDSU plays a larger school it will have to wait until the new Aren is built

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I don't blame them. Wisconsin and St. Johns have to be taking in a large amount of cash for this game.
              I think the term "enticed" was used. Could have just said "for stacks of $100 bills............."
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Memphis vs. Wichita State at Sanford Pentagon 2014.
                http://memphis.247sports.com/Article...in-2014-183423

Comment

I was looking at Sanford's annual report numbers the other day. As a non-profit organization they are required to make the information public. They paid the University of Wisconsin $300,000 to play at the Pentagon. Not a bad payday at all.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Too bad all those $$$ are leaving the State!! Think of the benefit if they were spread through the community.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      Too bad all those $$$ are leaving the State!! Think of the benefit if they were spread through the community.
                      Think of all the other events they are holding at the Pentagon and all the associated revenue that brings to the City and State. This was basically money spent on advertising to drum up awareness for the new facility and to get people into the building. You aren't going to get marquee teams to come to SD to play a game if you don't pay them well to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        True, but it could be viewed as an advertising/marketing investment for the entire community. Making Sioux Falls a stage for college basketball in general could bring in a lot more money than $300,000. And honestly, Sanford has probably spent $300,000 in worse ways.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                        X