wisconsin and st johns to play at the pentagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wisconsin and st johns to play at the pentagon

Some facts - in 2012, 5 of the top 20 teams in terms of attendance were from Mid-Major conferences.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_bask...ttend/2012.pdf

Comment

Also the Mountain West, Missouri Valley and Conference USA avg. more people at their conference tournaments then the PAC 12 - Heck the PAC 12 with 8,938 per game was not that far ahead of the Summit League at 5,606 per game - 2012 numbers

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_bask...tion 10-18.pdf

Comment

Those are just attendance numbers not having to choose based on yellow and blue eyes. I don't trust much when it comes to research because you can skew anything in your favor. I think some posters need to take a field trip and live outside South Dakota a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
          Those are just attendance numbers not having to choose based on yellow and blue eyes. I don't trust much when it comes to research because you can skew anything in your favor. I think some posters need to take a field trip and live outside South Dakota a few years.

Or maybe you need to look at facts rather then just spout your opinion like it was a fact. Look at the state of Nebraska in 2012. Creighton from the Mid-Major Conference avg. 16,665 while Nebraska from the Major conference avg. 10,019. Don't like my facts lets see yours. Oh by the way I have lived coast to coast and lived outside of SD for 29 years of my life

Comment

So if you have to choose between Georgia Southern/George Mason or Georgetown/Michigan St? You pick the first game?

Comment

Those "facts" don't make sense to the argument.

Comment

Indiana 16,462IUPUI 1133

Comment

If I lived in Sioux Falls, I might go to this game. It's not something I'd drive 80 minutes to watch. Now if SDSU was playing either of those teams, I'd definitely be there. I think the game will sell out quickly, but only because it is being played in a small (AND NEW) building. People are going to be as excited about seeing the new Pentagon as they will be about the teams playing inside it. That being said, it is cool that they are playing in Sioux Falls. I hope they work SDSU into a similar deal next year.

Comment

Just went and read through the Wisconsin Badgers basketball forum about playing at the pentagon. To keep it short and simple, they are not happy about playing in South Dakota. http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/634...in-Sioux-Falls

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Just went and read through the Wisconsin Badgers basketball forum about playing at the pentagon. To keep it short and simple, they are not happy about playing in South Dakota. http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/634...in-Sioux-Falls
                      I don't blame them. Wisconsin and St. Johns have to be taking in a large amount of cash for this game.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Army vs SDSU

Navy vs USD

Air Force vs UNO

Get the military schools to play in the Pentagon.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I understand that both Wisconsin and St. John's fans might be perplexed by the location of the game, but most of the conversation is overreaction on their part. First of all, if the Wisconsin fans think they are going to lose money on this game because they are losing a home game, than they don't have a very good concept of the Sanford business model. It is fairly obvious that Sanford has money set aside to promote these type of events, which in the long run will enhance their effort to become one of the top medical centers in the country for athletic performance and athletic injuries. Also, there has been much conversation about the size of the venue(3,500) and I get that, but what they don't understand is that this venue will be one of nicest places to play in the country. My sources tell me that the nuances of the facility, along with the amenities are second-to-none. The fans, players, and coaches are going to be treated to a great event. Also, the country will be able to observe that although many people think we are out in the middle of the sticks, we can do things in a first class manner. I hope that I can secure some tickets for the game.

Comment

Wisconsin fans upset about giving up a home game to play for money somewhere else?

Wah. Wah. Wah.

Welcome to reality for 90% of college basketball, you turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              I'll help you out...the day the tickets go on sale via Ticketmaster will most likely be the only day they are on sale.
                              Totally agree. I'm going to try and go but it'll depend on prices.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I for one would not pay to watch Wisconsin play unless it was against State or another top tier Big 10 team. Zzzzzzz
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X