Manti Te'o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Manti Te'o

I think this is the greatest story ever.

Signed,
    Lance Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

Signed,
      Lance Armstrong
      Nothing like a big sigh of relief says Lance.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

Signed,
        Lance Armstrong
        Lance lives for attention though, so I don't know

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit
        Brian Billick was on Mike and Mike this morning and said this wouldnt hurt his draft status.
        I'm willing to bet Billick is giving Te'o the benefit of the doubt and saying that as if he was a victim. However, most NFL executives have no idea how to handle this. It is more of a wait and see, and if proven he made it up for publicity this will hurt his draft status as Notre Dame created him to be this All-American kid. Article from nfl.comhttp://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...iters_jeremiah
        Last edited by witness; 01-17-2013, 12:52 PM.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Lance lives for attention though, so I don't know

I'm willing to bet Billick is giving Te'o the benefit of the doubt and saying that as if he was a victim. However, most NFL executives have no idea how to handle this. It is more of a wait and see, and if proven he made it up for publicity this will hurt his draft status as Notre Dame created him to be this All-American kid. Article from nfl.comhttp://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...iters_jeremiah
          Funny thing is, most people are loving this too much, they dont want to "wait and see". He's done nothing wrong, legally. I just cant see that he still wont be making millions on sundays

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            Funny thing is, most people are loving this too much, they dont want to "wait and see". He's done nothing wrong, legally. I just cant see that he still wont be making millions on sundays
            I was talking about NFL Executives doing a wait and see. Yes, I loved it because if true that he was in on it, he trolled everybody and put on a front for publicity or to cover up something and is a huge idiot for doing so. Good thing Johnny Football won the Heisman, and it has nothing to with legality its all about it being morally wrong. His performance or lack thereof in the NC game proved to me he is overrated and has a good shot at being bust.

On Outside the Lines, a former ND player said most of the team had a very good suspicion that he didn't have a girlfriend but it was a good story. Also, the player said he loved the attention he got from the story. Another thing I got from it, is most people that knew him or were around in South Bend were not surprised at all.
            Last edited by witness; 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM. Reason: Updated on OTL

Comment

While some details are still going to come out, the main picture is starting to present itself, as follows:

1. Manti is duped (i.e. "catfished") via an elaborate hoax orchestrated by several people. He truly believed this girl was real, even though the relationship was probably entirely done online. I don't buy the "8-hour per night" phone calls that he talks about, for reasons explained below.

2. Until he found out she wasn't real, which is when he received a phone call from her phone number after an awards ceremony and someone telling her that she wasn't "dead".

3. It appears that Manti told some "white lies" along the way as to not look like a total dork to the rest of his teammates and the world. What do you mean you have online girlfriend that you have never met....you are big man on campus! You could have any girl in the Bend! He told some lies while she was still "alive" indicating that he met her, etc. Essentially, he was embarassed to have an online "girlfriend". The biggest issue that Manti has to explain is why he continued to perpetuate the hoax after he knew it wasn't real. More than likely he didn't want to distract his team in the middle of a run to the title game and frankly, he was probably quite embarassed.

Too many people are taking this off the deep end without any real knowledge of the situation. He is not gay, he did not invent the hoax, and this will not hurt his draft stock one iota.

This is simply the case of a young man being duped and extremely embarassed about the whole situation, so he had to tell some "lies" to help cover his embarassment with the thought that it might never be revealed.

Pretty simple, really.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                While some details are still going to come out, the main picture is starting to present itself, as follows:

1. Manti is duped (i.e. "catfished") via an elaborate hoax orchestrated by several people. He truly believed this girl was real, even though the relationship was probably entirely done online. I don't buy the "8-hour per night" phone calls that he talks about, for reasons explained below

2. Until he found out she wasn't real, which is when he received a phone call from her phone number after an awards ceremony and someone telling her that she wasn't "dead".

3. It appears that Manti told some "white lies" along the way as to not look like a total dork to the rest of his teammates and the world. What do you mean you have online girlfriend that you have never met....you are big man on campus! You could have any girl in the Bend! He told some lies while she was still "alive" indicating that he met her, etc. Essentially, he was embarassed to have an online "girlfriend". The biggest issue that Manti has to explain is why he continued to perpetuate the hoax after he knew it wasn't real. More than likely he didn't want to distract his team in the middle of a run to the title game and frankly, he was probably quite embarassed.

Too many people are taking this off the deep end without any real knowledge of the situation. He is not gay, he did not invent the hoax, and this will not hurt his draft stock one iota.

This is simply the case of a young man being duped and extremely embarassed about the whole situation, so he had to tell some "lies" to help cover his embarassment with the thought that it might never be revealed.

Pretty simple, really.

But TK, this wont be near as much fun for "the haters".

Comment

Anyone want a Manti Te'o Girlfriend bobblehead?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/minor-l...63--ncaaf.html

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

1. Manti is duped (i.e. "catfished") via an elaborate hoax orchestrated by several people. He truly believed this girl was real, even though the relationship was probably entirely done online. I don't buy the "8-hour per night" phone calls that he talks about, for reasons explained below.

Pretty simple, really.
                    Can you site any concrete sources for this? Other than ND's or Te'o's own statements?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Can you site any concrete sources for this? Other than ND's or Te'o's own statements?
                      If I remember its a friend of the one dude mentioned in the deadspin report

Comment

Working...
                      X