Manti Te'o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manti Te'o

If proven true, and no I don't believe ND's statement that Te'o was a "victim" of a hoax one bit as Te'o said he first met her after a game in Stanford in 2009 would easily be one of the most craziest, weirdest stories I might have ever heard. Manti Te'o did not have a girlfriend that died, she was not real
    Link: http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax
    Last edited by witness; 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Re: Manti Te'o

Just getting up to speed on this via espn.com. This has to be the most bizzare off the field story in sports....possibly ever. Whatever the truth in this, in addition to his performance in the National Championship game, Te'o's draft stock is plummeting even further. NFL teams will be very, very wary of this guy assuming he's been in on this the whole time...which it would appear he was.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
      Just getting up to speed on this via espn.com. This has to be the most bizzare off the field story in sports....possibly ever. Whatever the truth in this, in addition to his performance in the National Championship game, Te'o's draft stock is plummeting even further. NFL teams will be very, very wary of this guy assuming he's been in on this the whole time...which it would appear he was.
      Read it on Deadspin, not espn. They broke the story and the article is incredible.

Also: 2013 is turning out to be a poor year for ND so far.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This story is still unfolding. Te'o now starting to talk and has an explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          This story is still unfolding. Te'o now starting to talk and has an explanation.
          Don't buy it for a second. His response is in the Deadspin article.

Comment

When ESPN asked to have information on the girlfriend, Te'o told them they couldn't:

http://deadspin.com/5976640/espn-rep...do-differently

Comment

According to AZ fullback Regean Mauia he believes she was real and met her, or somebody posing as her, in June of 2011. This is a wild story.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                According to AZ fullback Regean Mauia he believes she was real and met her, or somebody posing as her, in June of 2011. This is a wild story.
                What is also crazy is that her twitter is a guy that supposedly Te'o has known for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Don't buy it for a second. His response is in the Deadspin article.
                  I'm just saying the full story may not be out there yet. It's a weird story and hard to believe the Te'o didn't know it was a hoax but, it's plenty early right now.

Comment

Hoax or no hoax, I just dont find the details of interest. NFL is looking for winning bodies to use for 10 or 12 years. Are they really going to care one way or another? The NFL take will be for Te'o to be ready next Sunday or else we have five other guys to step in take over.

It goes to show what we can do with this nice new invention called the internet. People can be decieved into believing things that they want to believe. Dr. Phil recently had a show about this in which this stallion of "guy" had established relationships with five nice looking ladies, and to their (The Dr. Phil staff) best deterimination, this stallion is really a woman with cruel intentions. I guess old guys like me have a lot of time on their hands and tune in Dr. Phil frequently. I bet he can't wait to get a hold on this one.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 01-17-2013, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Hoax or no hoax, I just dont find the details of interest. NFL is looking for winning bodies to use for 10 or 12 years. Are they really going to care one way or another? The NFL take will be for Te'o to be ready next Sunday or else we have five other guys to step in take over.It goes to show what we can do with this nice new invention called the internet. People can be decieved into believing things that they want to believe. Dr. Phil recently had a show about this in which this stallion of "guy" had established relationships with five nice looking ladies, and to their (The Dr. Phil staff) best deterimination, this stallion is really a woman with cruel intentions. I guess old guys like me have a lot of time on their hands and tune in Dr. Phil frequently. I bet he can't wait to get a hold on this one.
                      It is a huge deal. He is regarded as a well natured Mormon going to a catholic school that finished 2nd in Heisman which one could argue that many people used the story of his dead grandma and girlfriend to make a case for him being Heisman. Also, it would be the first of a kind for college sports and would raise a huge red flag for character issues. Also, his stock is already falling after spending the whole National Championship on his back, this would only expedite it.

Comment

If he wasn't in on it, he should be very, very thankful that someone with dark intentions wasn't running this scam on him...
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          It is a huge deal. He is regarded as a well natured Mormon going to a catholic school that finished 2nd in Heisman which one could argue that many people used the story of his dead grandma and girlfriend to make a case for him being Heisman. Also, it would be the first of a kind for college sports and would raise a huge red flag for character issues. Also, his stock is already falling after spending the whole National Championship on his back, this would only expedite it.
                          Whether its Manti who made this stuff up or if another person has hoaxed this deal, the internet as a tool has been used. That is for certain and the media did a pis* poor job checking the details until Deadspin came along. By the way, Morning Joe MNBC, had the reporter who broke the story on their program this morning. Kind of a shy guy, who could have easily fit the Argus staff. Some of the media are kicking themselves for not checking details. My point in the earlier post is that sick people using the internet can do some cruel things. Whether that applies here remains to be seen. Its a huge PR problem for Notre Dame, that is for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post

Brian Billick was on Mike and Mike this morning and said this wouldnt hurt his draft status.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              Brian Billick was on Mike and Mike this morning and said this wouldnt hurt his draft status.
                              I am with Mike and Mike. The NFL has one objective and that is to fill the house on Sunday and if a player is available, he plays. Manti appears able and willing and will play and all this PR garbage will fizzle in thin air. Be careful with the internet, there are cruel people out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X