Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinnell player blasts national basketball scoring record with 138 points

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...oints/1718463/

Re: Grilnnell player blasts national basketball scoring record with 138 points

Crazy part is he took 71 3s and 105fgs!! Not to mention he didn't score all the points as the team ended up with 179. I am stil confused/amazed that he took 71 3s in one game!
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Crazy part is he took 71 3s and 105fgs!! Not to mention he didn't score all the points as the team ended up with 179. I am stil confused/amazed that he took 71 3s in one game!
      Apparently defense is not part of the game at the D3 level.

Comment

There had to be a plan going in to try for the record. Otherwise,there is no way he gets that many shots.

Comment

To the moderators:

Please fix the typo in the thread title.

Comment

Kobe Bryant was asked about this...loved his responses: http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f...source=twitter

Comment

Re: Grinnell player blasts national basketball scoring record with 138 points

Best part of the whole thing: The kid ended up with zero assists.

Quite frankly, there is a lot more things to be embarrassed about than to celebrate when it comes to this new record. Defense on both ends, the complete selfishness of one player, the complete lack of sportsmanship it takes to keep that kid in and green light him when you're up by that many: I wouldn't want to have any association with this record what-so-ever.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Read this: http://deadspin.com/5962514/d+iii-pl...ated-by-anyone
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Grinnell is notable to SDSU fans, as that is where Jared Baszler, our golf coach, attended undergrad. He often scored over 100 in a golf round and never received any recognition for his achievements.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    He often scored over 100 in a golf round and never received any recognition for his achievements.
                    *bah-dum-bum*
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Best part of the whole thing: The kid ended up with zero assists.

Quite frankly, there is a lot more things to be embarrassed about than to celebrate when it comes to this new record. Defense on both ends, the complete selfishness of one player, the complete lack of sportsmanship it takes to keep that kid in and green light him when you're up by that many: I wouldn't want to have any association with this record what-so-ever.
                      Good points. Probably the easiest game to coach in the history of D-III: "pass it to the shooter." I wonder if this record breaker even crossed the center line to play D or if he spent all his time on the offensive end like the Iowa high school girls used to.

Comment

I just now noticed a player for the other team had 70 points......what a slacker

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          There had to be a plan going in to try for the record. Otherwise,there is no way he gets that many shots.
                          There was.

Its fraudulent. Fun but fraudulent. Kid still had to make and take a crap load of shots.

If I'm on the other team he gets a forearm where it counts when he takes a 3 up by 30 early in the 2nd half. I have problems with competitiveness.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is running up the points like this worse than not taking a victory knee at the end of a football game? (Per another discussion on another thread). IMHO it's worse because it involves multiple acts.

It will be interesting to see what this guy's season average is. In one game he will be averaging six points a game for the season even if he doesn't score another point.

Comment

Thanks for the updates Skippy...btw you're jn the wrong section.Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                              X