MSU-Mankato FB Coach Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU-Mankato FB Coach Arrested

I'm not a lawyer, but I'd be shocked if he got a million, unless more information on the suspension/ firing comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      I'm not a lawyer, but I'd be shocked if he got a million, unless more information on the suspension/ firing comes out.
      A man's repetation is worth more than a million dollars. I think the coach will get more than that when all is said and done. This Jerry Sandusky fear is going to cost MSU a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        A man's repetation is worth more than a million dollars. I think the coach will get more than that when all is said and done. This Jerry Sandusky fear is going to cost MSU a bunch.
        Sure it may cost them but frankly I think they did the 75% right thing. I think the prosecutors took it too far and too long.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Sure it may cost them but frankly I think they did the 75% right thing. I think the prosecutors took it too far and too long.
          Their 75% actions come with a price. Just as the followers of Nazi Germany at Nuremburg. They too were only following orders. Sometimes being the "good soldier" does not justify action taken.

Comment

It's unfortunate that Hoffner didn't have some "Jerry Sandusky fear", then maybe he wouldn't have put questionable material on a university phone. He's not without blame here.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              It's unfortunate that Hoffner didn't have some "Jerry Sandusky fear", then maybe he wouldn't have put questionable material on a university phone. He's not without blame here.
              You have a point here, just don't sit on it.. I suspect this will be a big part of the MSU defense if and when a law suit hits the court system. This whole affair is strange. The ESPN story and video seems to have put me on the side of the coach. Don't know why.

Comment

Here is MSU's defense.

Questionable videos were found on the phone, we sent them to the authorities and while the case was being handled we put him on leave. The authorities deemed they were troubling and charged him, the charges were later dropped.We were successful in his absence so rather then change things up again we decided to transfer him to another position. And then whatever happened that led to his suspension and firing.

I don't have a problem with the videos, looking back at videos my mom took of me when I was little and I'm sure she would have taken them on a phone if they had those back then. But I don't get where suing the school for taking the proper actions (in my opinion) is going to get you very far. (again not knowing why he was suspended and fired my opinion could change)

What if those videos were not his children, but the school didn't do anything. 5 years down the line more things surface and they find hours of videos of other kids and then it comes out that MSU had seen things but they didn't think it was that big of deal? As a teacher I've had to take the classes and seminars with similar issues and everyone told me if something is questionable report it up the chain.

Comment

You have a point here, just don't sit on it.. I suspect this will be a big part of the MSU defense if and when a law suit hits the court system. This whole affair is strange. The ESPN story and video seems to have put me on the side of the coach. Don't know why.
                  I'm not implying that he deserves to have his life trashed for being a moron,just that he had a responsibility in this whole mess. While i fail to see what the university could have done much differently,i'm sure they will pay a settlement of some kind to make it go away. People have to pay for other peoples mistakes every day.

Comment

I still think that people think he still should have been guilty
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      I'm not implying that he deserves to have his life trashed for being a moron,just that he had a responsibility in this whole mess. While i fail to see what the university could have done much differently,i'm sure they will pay a settlement of some kind to make it go away. People have to pay for other peoples mistakes every day.
                      This should have been kept quite until they were 100% sure charges were warranted and filed.

The school could have and should have quietly suspended him instead of marching onto the practice field and yanking him off the field. A few more hours on the field would not have hurt anyone and likely would have saved the school some money.

I think it's probably safe to say that the President likely had the Sandusky incident in his mind and made a knee jerk reaction that Hoffner needed to be gone now. In reality it would have been better to wait and not make a scene.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        This should have been kept quite until they were 100% sure charges were warranted and filed.The school could have and should have quietly suspended him instead of marching onto the practice field and yanking him off the field. A few more hours on the field would not have hurt anyone and likely would have saved the school some money.I think it's probably safe to say that the President likely had the Sandusky incident in his mind and made a knee jerk reaction that Hoffner needed to be gone now. In reality it would have been better to wait and not make a scene.
                        They treated him like he was guilty before the legal process went through. It could have been done better, quieter and more professional. I hate comparing to the Sandusky incident. Sanduskys case is nothing like the coaches.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          They treated him like he was guilty before the legal process went through. It could have been done better, quieter and more professional. I hate comparing to the Sandusky incident. Sanduskys case is nothing like the coaches.
                          Exactly. Guilty until proven innocent is the stance they took. And it's likely gonna cost MSU a bunch of money.

Comment

As a non-lawyer, I'm guessing that quite a few people have been suspected or accused of wrongdoing, been cleared and never collected a dime. If authorities acted in good faith, it probably will be very hard to find them liable of anything. One lesson seems obvious: If you're going to take pictures of your naked children (or anyone else not clothed), use your own camera/phone. Do not use state-owned equipment and do not turn it into a taxpayer-funded, public university office for repairs.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              This should have been kept quite until they were 100% sure charges were warranted and filed.

The school could have and should have quietly suspended him instead of marching onto the practice field and yanking him off the field. A few more hours on the field would not have hurt anyone and likely would have saved the school some money.

I think it's probably safe to say that the President likely had the Sandusky incident in his mind and made a knee jerk reaction that Hoffner needed to be gone now. In reality it would have been better to wait and not make a scene.
                              He was walked off the field on Friday and arrested on Tuesday. You really think 4 days of keeping it quiet would have made a difference? If you want to point fingers, i would start with what appears to be a overzealous DA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                As a non-lawyer, I'm guessing that quite a few people have been suspected or accused of wrongdoing, been cleared and never collected a dime. If authorities acted in good faith, it probably will be very hard to find them liable of anything. One lesson seems obvious: If you're going to take pictures of your naked children (or anyone else not clothed), use your own camera/phone. Do not use state-owned equipment and do not turn it into a taxpayer-funded, public university office for repairs.
                                Exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X