MSU-Mankato FB Coach Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU-Mankato FB Coach Arrested

Most 18-22 yo men lack the experience and insight to understand the complexity and completeness of most situations. In their minds the world revolves around them. They know what they have and when its good for them they don't want it to change. Knowing some people that know Hoffner well I suspect he understood this to be just what I described, a selfish temper tantrum of sorts that would run its course and do so quickly. It certainly doesn't reflect positively on the players as far as giving the appearance that they are emotionally mature enough to have empathy for Coach Hoffner but it does say something about their support for Coach Keen, I suppose. In the end, it seems it is going to work itself out, uncomfortably but likely nonetheless.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here is the email that was sent to all faculty and students.

Faculty, Staff, and Students:
      I am sure you have heard through the media in the last few days that Mr. Todd Hoffner is returning to Minnesota State University, Mankato as the Head Football Coach with a new 4-year contract. Our official statement can be found at this weblink: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=13...aper=frontpage. The administration plans to do everything possible to help him be successful in providing leadership to our football program.
      Wednesday was Mr. Hoffner’s first day back on campus, and I met with him personally to welcome him back, offer apologies, and let him know that he has my personal support and the support of the administration. It was a very positive meeting overall for all concerned as we started laying the groundwork for a successful year ahead.
      I hope everyone will join me in welcoming Coach Hoffner back to campus as we move forward with our ambitious university goals. Thank you everyone for all you do to help make Minnesota State Mankato continue to be a great university.
      Richard Davenport
      President
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Help, I trying to save my job, the in between the lines message from President Davenport.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I think that your right on with this observation, however it seems there is not much going on in the way of reform. and that's a shame really.
          I would add (or argue) that it isn't so much color bias or race bias as it is Financial bias. There is a set of justice for the rich...who can afford good attorneys...and another for the poor...who cannot.

But I digress. I'm glad to hear the team decided to support him. It wasn't his fault, and he did nothing wrong. I'm glad he decided to fight, and to go back. As Hammersmith stated earlier...it's the principle of the thing.

Comment

Working...
          X