Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baylor sanctions.

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I think the NCAA is slowly but surely losing control of college athletics,kind of sad to see how powerless they are.There comes a point where everyone sees the benefits of non-compliance far,far exceeds the consequences.Only integrity stands in the way from everyone cheating,it's sure not sanctions.In today's world ,integrity is just barely hanging on.Cheaters never prosper,that has kind of a humorous ring to it,doesn't it?I'll get off my high horse now and take my place besides the "masses" and pretend that everyone who gets caught violating the rules are justly punished.
    And does the NCAA really have any more integrity? Nope! The NCAA is a joke just as much as calling a college athlete a "student-athlete" in the bigger programs.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Recind their Nt'l Championship and give it to the best team who didn't cheat ,they'll never do that though,that would take far too much conviction to do what's right.
      Good luck with that. I'm guessing that if the NCAA investigated every program in the country for 2 1/2 years they would find wrong doing with the vast majority.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        The NCAA wasn't going to do that,but the loss of a scholarship would have been appropriate.
        As part of the their self-imposed penalties,The womens program gave up 2 scholarships and the men one this year and one next year.

Comment

They lose two freshmen for one yr,then they go back to 15 scholarships the next yr....they skip one recruiting yr,big deal.That's really going to hurt the program....ha!

Comment

They lose two freshmen for one yr,then they go back to 15 scholarships the next yr....they skip one recruiting yr,big deal.That's really going to hurt the program....ha!
            Well it means that 2 kids that might have gotten an opportunity to play basketball at Baylor lost that opportunity. You could think about it that way. Ha!
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

They have two scholarships available right now,shouldn't they have given them to two deserving student athletes , who would get to play basketball for Baylor,instead of throwing them away because they like to cheat?They have three seniors,who they can replace to get back to thirteen players.....same as this years roster,they lose nothing,considering the type recruits they will get who want to be a part of a National championship team,it's a win/win(lose three so-so seniors,gain 3 top notch recruits) situation for a bunch of cheaters.

Comment

They have two scholarships available right now,shouldn't they have given them to two deserving student athletes , who would get to play basketball for Baylor,instead of throwing them away because they like to cheat?They have three seniors,who they can replace to get back to thirteen players.....same as this years roster,they lose nothing,considering the type recruits they will get who want to be a part of a National championship team,it's a win/win(lose three so-so seniors,gain 3 top notch recruits) situation for a bunch of cheaters.
                Your outrage makes me giggle.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Glad to give you a chuckle,actually,I'm starting to simmer down a little,i don't really care what the NCAA does, but i don't like to see cheaters prosper,it kind of irritates me,glad i don't know very much about college athletics,i'd be mad all the time.

I understand what Mulkey is trying to do,set herself up forever like Geno has done at UConn,start a basketball dynasty,where every blue chip recruit in the nation is begging for an opportunity to play for you,and i know every coach would like to do the same,but follow the rules like everyone else has too.Giner is the type of player that can launch a basketball program to multiple National Championships.Perhaps risking a little punishment from the NCAA was well worth the risk?This is purely conjecture on my part as to any motive for breaking the rules.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-12-2012, 10:41 PM. Reason: added to post

Comment

Giner is the type of player that can launch a basketball program to multiple National Championships.Perhaps risking a little punishment from the NCAA was well worth the risk?This is purely conjecture on my part as to any motive for breaking the rules.
                    When I read this, i read it phoenetically as Jiner, and had to giggle.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      When I read this, i read it phoenetically as Jiner, and had to giggle.
                      I let out a HAAAAAH, at work reading it. thanks for the laugh.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Who knew i was a comedian,guess i meant Griner for Baylor.

Comment

Griner is a once in a lifetime type of player. His game is so much better than any other player in WBB. Once she's gone, it'll be back to UConn with the NC's, you can't teach height like that. ESPN did that hypothetical scale comparison of her height vs average height in WBB, hypothetically she would be considered taller than Yao Ming.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            Griner is a once in a lifetime type of player. His game is so much better than any other player in WBB. Once she's gone, it'll be back to UConn with the NC's, you can't teach height like that. ESPN did that hypothetical scale comparison of her height vs average height in WBB, hypothetically she would be considered taller than Yao Ming.
                            Haha. Sorry had to point that out since there is talk about it. Anyways, ya she is very long and if you watched the National Championship game, there will be players in her face with their hands up and she is still able to shoot over them. Also, the talk of her leaving early, I'm guessing, hasn't happened a lot in the women's game. Kind of like the NBA teams wanting LeBron James to leave HS after his junior year. Once-in-a-lifetime type of player, and Baylor is probably the only women's game I can watch that I am not a fan of.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                            X