Baylor sanctions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor sanctions.

I remember there was talk in the Baylor GDT about the "cleanliness" of Baylor.

Today, this comes out....

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7791434/baylor-bears-teams-facing-possible-ncaa-sanctions

You can come to your own conclusion.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Baylor sanctions.

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I remember there was talk in the Baylor GDT about the "cleanliness" of Baylor.Today, this comes out....http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ncaa-sanctionsYou can come to your own conclusion.
    This may explain why Drew was looking at other jobs as well.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      I remember there was talk in the Baylor GDT about the "cleanliness" of Baylor.

Today, this comes out....

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7791434/baylor-bears-teams-facing-possible-ncaa-sanctions

You can come to your own conclusion.
      Well, can't say I'm totally suprised considereing that when you go from not being good to being one of the top programs in the nation overnight there usually is something illegal going on there. Worst part is that Baylor thinks they are better than everybody else because they are Baptist and don't need to cheat.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        Worst part is that Baylor thinks they are better than everybody else because they are Baptist and don't need to cheat.
        Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I've never gotten that impression with Baylor.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I've never gotten that impression with Baylor.
          Basically on ESPN boards when something else comes down on another program, Baylor will be the first ones to say that they don't cheat because Drew is a clean coach and and they don't have to cheat like the rest of the programs. It is, what is. Can't say I'm suprised. They were murdering teammates down in Waco a few years back, and now star players want to go there?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I can't recall the specific post, but you probably don't need to look much further than the threads on this board from our NCAA run. A few of the Baylor fans that showed up here at that time were pretty insistent that Drew was as clean as they come and that the program just had a bad rap for being known as a bit shady when it came to recruiting. If I recall correctly, they became pretty defensive when our resident AAU coach brought up some of those quasi-allegations.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Well, can't say I'm totally suprised considereing that when you go from not being good to being one of the top programs in the nation overnight there usually is something illegal going on there. Worst part is that Baylor thinks they are better than everybody else because they are Baptist and don't need to cheat.
              Let's leave the school's church affiliation out of the discussion, okay? There's no question some Bears fans protested that their programs are very clean but that has nothing to do with the school's affiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Let's leave the school's church affiliation out of the discussion, okay? There's no question some Bears fans protested that their programs are very clean but that has nothing to do with the school's affiliation.
                Alright, I can leave their religious affiliation out, but it has everything to do with the controversy with the sanctions

Comment

The statues of limitations has darn near run out on some of this stuff;
                  Per the link provided by Rowdy Rabbit:

"Although most of the impermissible contact was made in 2007 and 2008, the report also indicated similar calls and texts were sent by Morefield in July 2010. Morefield sent the texts to non-scholastic coaches (i.e. summer-league coaches) during a time period when contact was prohibited."

The stuff in 2010 seems current enough for the sanctions to fall. Got to play by the rules.
                  Seems like they have toned the impermissible stuff down some, but one act is as condemning as 1000 acts.

Comment

So article on ESPN mentioned something about a program where the NCAA interviewed top recruits about their recruitment. That program has sense been abolished. I wonder why? Seems that would be a decent checks and balance on some of the top level programs. Make sure they were playing by the rules.

Comment

LOL, a major college athletic program may not be playing by the rules?

In other news, the sky is blue, the grass is green, and the sun rose in the east this morning.

All shocking revelations, stay tuned for more information....
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I guess these allegations don't really bother me. I find it worse when coaches get players out of trouble, when a school over recruits and then cuts the end of the bench guys who actually go to class. I find it bad when a school fires a coach or the coach leaves and then the recruits are not let out of their LOI's. I had the 1 and done rule where they only have to show up to class until December and then can do whatever they want after because they know they are going pro.

I think Baylor is dirty, but I think its one of those things where they couldn't prove the real dirty things they did. The Ohio player who says that Drew contacted him last year (he is a sophomore). Reports of dirty recruiting, , you go from a school that had a player murdered, was covered up by the team, weren't allowed to play out of conference games for a year to being a top 10 team in less then 10 years? They gave the modern day death penalty to Baylor basketball and they turned it around in a hurry. Maybe they are just that good, IDK.

Comment

Alright, I can leave their religious affiliation out, but it has everything to do with the controversy with the sanctions
                          No it doesn't.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Personally I think it's humorous after their preposterous "Our school is clean...NOW" crap they pulled before the NCAA tournament game.

Also diggin in the deliciousness that Coach Mulkey and her staff are the main violators, and they got a ton of information from Griner and her Father.

Baylor can go suck an egg.

Comment

If they have to forfeit wins from last season, does that mean we get our first big dance victory?
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X