Joe Paterno Passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Joe Paterno Passes

The sound of the other shoe dropping......BOOM!

link: http://www.midco.net/news/read.php?p....org%3E&page=2

Comment

The civil suits will be so numerous, that some will never make the newspaper but will be settled in court as opposed to out of court.

Comment

I hope everybody watched Outside the Lines today. Franco Harris just proved there was more holes in the Freeh report than Swiss Cheese. He acknowledged that it happened but said the Freeh report shouldn't of been accepted by the BOT or BOR and broke it down year by year. Very impressive. Must watch. Not only him but other guests on the show. One said that he is in shock that only one BOT member has resigned and that the Attorney General dragged the investigation on for years before charging Sandusky. Also stated that the Freeh Report should not of been accepted by the NCAA and that the Freeh Report was so the BOT could still stay in tact and basically save themselves. Also, Howard Bryant is an idiot
        Last edited by witness; 07-27-2012, 01:34 PM.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          I hope everybody watched Outside the Lines today. Franco Harris just proved there was more holes in the Freeh report than Swiss Cheese. He acknowledged that it happened but said the Freeh report shouldn't of been accepted by the BOT or BOR and broke it down year by year. Very impressive. Must watch. Not only him but other guests on the show. One said that he is in shock that only one BOT member has resigned and that the Attorney General dragged the investigation on for years before charging Sandusky. Also stated that the Freeh Report should not of been accepted by the NCAA and that the Freeh Report was so the BOT could still stay in tact and basically save themselves. Also, Howard Bryant is an idiot
          I watched him on the Dan Patrick show. All he proved there is that he's been hit in the head too many times. What a blithering idiot...http://www.danpatrick.com/2012/07/26...te-are-unfair/

Comment

Can't believe there are people still defending Penn State and Joe Pa.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Who is still defending penn state and joe pa?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                JoePa should not be the main/only guy. The president, AD, chief of police, law enforcement, and the janitors have a more prominent role than JoePa. But really I never hear about Sandusky anymore. All I hear is JoePa this, JoePa that. So really who actually molested the children, who actually saw the boys getting molested, who investigsted Sandusky and said he was innocent, who was actually in charge of the investigation and who allowed Sandusky to stay on campus and havean office despite knowing about Sandusky the year prior. None of them were JoePa. Sure JoePa could have done more, but lets not blame just him because he cant defend himself and because he is a polarizing figure. Don't forget the police investigated Sandusky in 1998 and determined he was innocent. Janitors which were grown men kept silent. Nobody is defending Penn State or JoePa but the facts state that JoePa was onethe least involved in this case and that the Freeh report was paid for by Penn State so that the BOT could stay in tact and save them. There were 4 members on OTL and 3 of them said the Freeh Report should not of been accepted and that the NCAA should not have accepted it. It's more than Franco Harris.

Comment

JoePa should not be the main/only guy. The president, AD, chief of police, law enforcement, and the janitors have a more prominent role than JoePa. But really I never hear about Sandusky anymore. All I hear is JoePa this, JoePa that. So really who actually molested the children, who actually saw the boys getting molested, who investigsted Sandusky and said he was innocent, who was actually in charge of the investigation and who allowed Sandusky to stay on campus and havean office despite knowing about Sandusky the year prior. None of them were JoePa. Sure JoePa could have done more, but lets not blame just him because he cant defend himself and because he is a polarizing figure. Don't forget the police investigated Sandusky in 1998 and determined he was innocent. Janitors which were grown men kept silent. Nobody is defending Penn State or JoePa but the facts state that JoePa was onethe least involved in this case and that the Freeh report was paid for by Penn State so that the BOT could stay in tact and save them. There were 4 members on OTL and 3 of them said the Freeh Report should not of been accepted and that the NCAA should not have accepted it. It's more than Franco Harris.
                  Saying Paterno was "the least involved"is like being a little bit pregnant. As far as the Freeh group backpedaling on their own report, Penn State commissioned the report, then ACCEPTED it. Based on that the NCAA used it and found several violations of their bylaws. PSU ACCEPTED the sanctions and signed a consent decree. Based on this,why shouldn't the NCAA use the report?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Saying Paterno was "the least involved"is like being a little bit pregnant. As far as the Freeh group backpedaling on their own report, Penn State commissioned the report, then ACCEPTED it. Based on that the NCAA used it and found several violations of their bylaws. PSU ACCEPTED the sanctions and signed a consent decree. Based on this,why shouldn't the NCAA use the report?
                    Actually he was not in charge of either investigation in 1998 or 2001 and if the police did their job in 1998 we wouldn't be talking about this and if the janitors which were grown men and if they report it then we also wouldn't be talking about this either. Penn State accepted it, because they funded it(6.5 million) and it saved the BOT and the university and blamed it on only a few people!! If the NCAA sanctioned them, they should have done their own investigation that was broader. I didn't say Freeh report backpedaled, I'm saying the Freeh report was incomplete and had way to many holes in it and there is no way the NCAA should have accepted it. Honestly, people really need to actually read up on it and not listen to only what ESPN and the news tells you. It reminds me of the whole trayvon martin-zimmerman thing. Too many people listen to what they are told instead of actually looking through the story and deciding for yourself what really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Who is still defending penn state and joe pa?
                      Lots of people. It's all over the internet.

Comment

Actually he was not in charge of either investigation in 1998 or 2001 and if the police did their job in 1998 we wouldn't be talking about this and if the janitors which were grown men and if they report it then we also wouldn't be talking about this either. Penn State accepted it, because they funded it(6.5 million) and it saved the BOT and the university and blamed it on only a few people!! If the NCAA sanctioned them, they should have done their own investigation that was broader. I didn't say Freeh report backpedaled, I'm saying the Freeh report was incomplete and had way to many holes in it and there is no way the NCAA should have accepted it. Honestly, people really need to actually read up on it and not listen to only what ESPN and the news tells you. It reminds me of the whole trayvon martin-zimmerman thing. Too many people listen to what they are told instead of actually looking through the story and deciding for yourself what really happened.
                        Paragraph breaks or something, dude. Anything.

Comment

In one of these threads I spent some time defending JoePa before most of this information shook out.....I can tell now that I was wrong. While Joe did a lot of great in his life, the wrongs can't be overlooked. We all know about defending Sandusky and Penn State at the expense of the kids, but it appears to go deeper than that. I know he was considered god-like on that campus, but it is becoming more apparent how much he used his influence to drive decisions that were made, including some that maybe weren't always football related. His defense was always that he turned the information over to the proper people (I.E. the President and such) but he was with them on the decision making as to what was going to happen to Sandusky. He totally sold them down the river when he was as much a part the decisions as they were. As for the janitors, it was reported that they were afraid to speak out. If JoePa was the most influential man on campus, who was making them afraid to speak? Didn't he have their back, so to speak? Or was he part of the group that was keeping them quiet? We will never know now that both parties are deceased but you can't help but wonder. It is a shame, I hate when legends fall that far......next thing you know it will come out that Babe Ruth was an alcoholic and womanizer. Just my $.02. Oh crap, no paragraph breaks, sorry RO.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                            In one of these threads I spent some time defending JoePa before most of this information shook out.....I can tell now that I was wrong. While Joe did a lot of great in his life, the wrongs can't be overlooked. We all know about defending Sandusky and Penn State at the expense of the kids, but it appears to go deeper than that. I know he was considered god-like on that campus, but it is becoming more apparent how much he used his influence to drive decisions that were made, including some that maybe weren't always football related. His defense was always that he turned the information over to the proper people (I.E. the President and such) but he was with them on the decision making as to what was going to happen to Sandusky. He totally sold them down the river when he was as much a part the decisions as they were. As for the janitors, it was reported that they were afraid to speak out. If JoePa was the most influential man on campus, who was making them afraid to speak? Didn't he have their back, so to speak? Or was he part of the group that was keeping them quiet? We will never know now that both parties are deceased but you can't help but wonder. It is a shame, I hate when legends fall that far......next thing you know it will come out that Babe Ruth was an alcoholic and womanizer. Just my $.02. Oh crap, no paragraph breaks, sorry RO.
                            I think its fair to say Babe Ruth was overweight. Ate way too many hot dogs so I been told.

There are some wierd details that need to be explained such as the States Attorney mysteriously looses his life when he was on to Sandusky, and I can see being a janitor in the precence of the all mighty Joe would put the fear into you. The poor guy probably had his best paying job in years, and he could not afford to lose it.

Comment

In another bizarre twist,the Paterno family has filed an appeal with the NCAA : http://onwardstate.com/2012/08/03/pa...-against-ncaa/

Good luck with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X