Yotes and Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yotes and Wisconsin

Watching the Coyotes at Wisconsin. Coyotes just got on the board late in the first half, 10-3 (6:34 left). But for two interceptions thrown by USD's Dante Warren, the Yotes are not getting blown off the field at all. Wisconsin moves the ball pretty easily but Coyotes have forced Wisconsin to go for a couple of field goals, one of which they hit. Warren seems to be settling in and if they can avoid more turnovers, could be entertaining.

Re: Yotes and Wisconsin

Oops, may have jinxed the Yolks. USD kicked off, Wisco has a decent run back...two big runnings plays later its UW 16- USD 10. PAT good. 17-10. Terrible breakdowns in the USD defensive line and the Wisconsin running backs are just too quick to allow that to happen.

On the other side of the ball, I've been impressed by USD offensive line. Yolk running backs Sims and Ganious look just fine...I know Ganious gets more yardage generally but I've thought Sims has been more impressive early in the game with a couple of outstanding efforts. (The BTN announcers just expressed surprise we haven't seen more of Sims.)

I think as the game grinds on, Wisco will overpower the Yolks but so far, no embarassment at all for USD.

Comment

Looks like Wisconsin's offensive play callers have it figured out now. Yolks may be in the toaster. With 3:04 left, UW 24, USD 3.

This is going to be one of those games in which the losing party wins one stat: time of possession.

Added: At the half, Wisconsin 31, USD 3. Time to go out and mow the lawn.
      Last edited by JackJD; 09-24-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Just wonder if Bielema will keep his foot on the pedal in the second half (which I wouldn't mind seeing). They put up 83 against Indiana last year...obviously Bielema doesn't have any issues running it up.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

At the risk of being accused of pitting the Washington State apple industry against the Florida State citrus industry (due to comparing different opponents)....I'd take SDSU's defensive backfield over USD's any day. USD took a little of the South Dakota wide-open prairie with them to Camp Randall. [Didn't South Dakota's dept of tourism once use a slogan like "Roam free in South Dakota"? Ah, that clever marketing department at USD!].

With the clock at 5:57 in the third stanza, Wisconsin walks one in and its now 44-3. pat good. 45-3.

Comment

Just watched Big Ten refs really blow a call. USD got screwed. Dante Warren running and just lost the handle on the ball...there's a rugby-scrum but I thought the ball went out of bounds without Wisconsin getting control. Refs called it the other way and Wisconsin hurried up another play -- no video review. Won't affect the game result but the refs made a bad call.

Comment

Think USD had some EWU hangover, they didnt look good from the start IMO, albeit UW is a BCS contender.
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Watched the first half. Once Wisconsin figured out they could throw the ball (which has been USD's biggest weakness since Meierkort took over) it was over. Don't think you can take much away other than Wisconsin is really ****ing good.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Uw-m 59, usd 10

Comment

59 minus 10 equals 49

56 minus 3 equals 53. Looks like we would lose to USD by 4

Comment

The only problem is the Badgers are about plus 21 over Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        The only problem is the Badgers are about plus 21 over Illinois.
                        What we lose to USD by 25? No way Jose. Now that most of the FBS vc FCS games are over, the real season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          What we lose to USD by 25? No way Jose. Now that most of the FBS vc FCS games are over, the real season starts.

Who cares.

USD gets nothing but a paycheck with this game. Can't take much from it other than Wisconsin is a championship contender. They're that good. The Bison would get stomped by Wisconsin as well.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Yup. You're supposed to lose to top ten FBS teams. At the end of the day, the score is pretty irrelevant. Unless you're playing Minnesota, you pencil those in as a loss before the season even begins.

We only lost to our top-ten team 17-3, but I'm betting that Wisconsin is going to stomp Nebraska next week.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              Watched the first half. Once Wisconsin figured out they could throw the ball (which has been USD's biggest weakness since Meierkort took over) it was over. Don't think you can take much away other than Wisconsin is really ****ing good.
                              Very astute observations and I agree.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X