Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC vs Duke

round one of this year.

Duke is heavily favored, and should be, but the young Tar Heels have been coming on strong recently.

Go Heels!

Re: UNC vs Duke

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    round one of this year.

Duke is heavily favored, and should be, but the young Tar Heels have been coming on strong recently.

Go Heels!
    You mean go DUKE.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      You mean go DUKE.

I'm with goon. Love me some Duke basketball. GO DUKE!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
        I'm with goon. Love me some Duke basketball. GO DUKE!
        I can see how people hate duke, but coach K is amazing, runs a clean program, graduates a lot for being a top program, never a recruitment violation. Doesnt hurt they play in the best basketball arena in all of college basketball.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I can see how people hate duke, but coach K is amazing, runs a clean program, graduates a lot for being a top program, never a recruitment violation. Doesnt hurt they play in the best basketball arena in all of college basketball.

If they were bad it'd be the worst basketball facility. Coach K made it the best basketball facility by winning.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            If they were bad it'd be the worst basketball facility. Coach K made it the best basketball facility by winning.
            You might be right. I've had the pleasure of touring Cameron Indoor Stadium (did not see a game unfortunately). It's not falling apart or anything, but it's very small. It is the best atmosphere in all of college basketball.

Comment

round one of this year.

Go Heels!
              Real men don't cheer for Duke.

Go Heels! Need to go to Barnes.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

UNC isn't gonna pull it off.

To bad.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  UNC isn't gonna pull it off.

To bad.
                  Coach K made some adjustments and the Heels couldn't hit a shot. Heels will get them in Chapel Hill. I cheer for 4 teams, the Jackrabbits, the Tarheels, whoever is playing dook and whoever is playing the coyotes.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Coach K made some adjustments and the Heels couldn't hit a shot. Heels will get them in Chapel Hill. I cheer for 4 teams, the Jackrabbits, the Tarheels, whoever is playing dook and whoever is playing the coyotes.

Spreading out your love? I cheer for 1 team. Thee University of South Dakota

Comment

coach K is a great coach, I won't argue that.

But if scratching, clawing, grabbing, and basically just ignoring the rule book...and then whining about it when you get called for something is what you call basketball.... I agree Duke is a fantastic program.

To be honest, I've lost alot of my passion for college basketball the past few years just because I'm tired of watching Duke beat people up because of their reputation.

Comment

coach K is a great coach, I won't argue that.

But if scratching, clawing, grabbing, and basically just ignoring the rule book...and then whining about it when you get called for something is what you call basketball.... I agree Duke is a fantastic program.

To be honest, I've lost alot of my passion for college basketball the past few years just because I'm tired of watching Duke beat people up because of their reputation.
                        Typical "hater" post by anit-Duke people. I guess none of the other coaches in America complain to officials. Just Duke's coaches. And only Duke gets every call from the refs. If what da_coach says is true, then how come Duke doesn't win the title every year?????

Comment

Yes, I am anti-Duke.

I did not say Duke gets every call.

Other coaches complain too.

Does Coach K have more influence over officials than other coaches? Make your own call.

And, their style of play is what turns me off on them, more than anything. I dislike watching the grabbing and clutching...to me, that's not basketball.

I don't think it's a coincidence that when Duke players leave college, very few go on to stardom in the NBA, and wouldn't you expect them to be fantastic defenders at the NBA level, since that's what they are known for at college? Yet, really only Battier over the years has emerged as a good professional defensive player.... maybe Boozer.

The best professional player in the coach K era has been Grant Hill, or maybe Boozer. That's not an impressive list for such a "great" college program.

And, I'm not here to argue.

I'm not emotional about this.

It's just things I've noticed.

And yes, I have already stated...I'm anti-Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                            Typical "hater" post by anit-Duke people. I guess none of the other coaches in America complain to officials. Just Duke's coaches. And only Duke gets every call from the refs. If what da_coach says is true, then how come Duke doesn't win the title every year?????
                            I find it interesting that many Duke fans cling to this idea that all those voices in opposition to Duke are the voices of so-called "haters". There are many aspects of Coach K's program that are to be admired. However, there are also many features that are easy to dislike, hence, many people do not like Duke, Coach K., or many of their players. Don't let it bother you Duke fans, just face the fact some people don't like your team. Doesn't mean we don't like you (well, it might mean that for some).

That said, UNC should have won that game last night. The series is now 130-100 in favor of UNC but Roy is now 7-8 since taking over at Carolina. UNC is improving and I am hopeful that the loss last night doesn't slow their momentum too much.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              Spreading out your love? I cheer for 1 team. Thee University of South Dakota
                              You and about 11 other people.

Comment

Working...
                              X