Wegher released from Iowa scholarship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wegher released from Iowa scholarship

Guess what folks? He's been released from his scholarship from Iowa. Let the speculation begin.

Source: http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/Weg...111706314.html

Let's just hope he says: "Next fall I'm gonna be taking my talents to the frozen tundra of Brookings, SD"

*Moderators I didn't know where to put this but he is a potential recruit so I figured it would be ok here for now until he signs somewhere.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Wegher

I don't know, but would he need his release if he would be going down a level? just a question that I don't know the answer for.

Another question, does Nebraska count as being part of the Big 10?

Comment

Re: Wegher released from Iowa scholarship

I'll move this to "College Athletics" until such time as Mr. Wegher's future plans are determined/revealed.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        I don't know, but would he need his release if he would be going down a level? just a question that I don't know the answer for.

From what I understand, yes a release is necessary even going down a level.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Guess what folks? He's been released from his scholarship from Iowa. Let the speculation begin.

Source: http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/Weg...111706314.html

Let's just hope he says: "Next fall I'm gonna be taking my talents to the frozen tundra of Brookings, SD"

*Moderators I didn't know where to put this but he is a potential recruit so I figured it would be ok here for now until he signs somewhere.
          lets hope he stays far away from the frozen tundra of Brookings..

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
            lets hope he stays far away from the frozen tundra of Brookings..

You're crazy if you think that...
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              You're crazy if you think that...
              Trust me, I'm not crazy.. Sure he has talent but is that what its all about???

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

The Nebraska - Big 10 thing would be a big issue because an athlete that transfers from one Big 10 school to another is not eligible for any scholarship money,even if they get a release.

Comment

Trust me, I'm not crazy.. Sure he has talent but is that what its all about???

If the kid has his head on straight then I'd be all for it. Also, he's definitely someone to take a chance on because of his talent level. He didn't do anything illegal so I don't see a big problem.

Comment

Sure he has talent but is that what its all about???
                    Yes.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

from everyting i have read and or heard, he is trouble...the coaching staff prides themselves recruiting quality men first, athletes second.

Comment

How about this compromise: If our coaches want him here, I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          How about this compromise: If our coaches want him here, I'm all for it.
                          I think we have taken bigger chances on other athletes. If the coaches can use him fine, but he would have edge out Kool for tailback.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                            Yes.
                            So CHARACTER doesn't count in Coach Stigs program??????? Its obvious to me the kid has none!!

Comment

So CHARACTER doesn't count in Coach Stigs program??????? Its obvious to me the kid has none!!
                              I'm sure it does in Coach Stig's program.

I just think talent is more important. That's only my opinion, though.

And I hate hate hate that people judge people's character from afar. You are in no position to say it is "obvious" that he has no character. That's a load of ****.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X