Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Sky

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Has USD even asked the Summit to lobby MVFC for them? If USD isn't talking to the conference, how can the Summit or Summit football schools pressure the MVFC for them?
    To be fair, Douple could mean USD has not formally contacted him that they are actually leaving. That doesn't mean they haven't been talking all along.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I agree, we are hearing 2 different things. Sorry if this sounds smackish, but frankly I dont think USD knows how to do much in a classy way. Its 50/50 from my eyes.
      When I read comments like yours (from both sides) it helps me better understand the psychology of Middle Eastern politics.

Comment

I apologize if this has already been discussed in this thread, but is anyone else out there wondering what happens to the Summit League now that UND and USD (most likely) are not coming? I don't like the idea of losing teams, even if it is USD.

1. Will the Summit League be shopping for replacements to add?
        2. If so, who are the logical candidates?
        3. Would it be feasible for the powers that be at SDSU possibly looking at looking to get into a different conference? Horizon? Missouri Valley?
        4. Or is the fact two members leaving not a big deal?

Comment

Meh this is a conspiracy concocted between USD and the Big Sky to move the Summit and MVFC to speed up and let the U into the MVFC conference. The Big Sky really doesn't want USD and USD really doesn't want to go into the Big Sky. But pressure by way of saying they have a contract in hand is being used to force the hand of the MV.
          Jesse Ventura has been working on this story since the beginning and will soon have the complete, unedited story ready to broadcast on a cable channel that most people don't get unless you have the Premium Package.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
            I apologize if this has already been discussed in this thread, but is anyone else out there wondering what happens to the Summit League now that UND and USD (most likely) are not coming? I don't like the idea of losing teams, even if it is USD.

1. Will the Summit League be shopping for replacements to add?
            2. If so, who are the logical candidates?
            3. Would it be feasible for the powers that be at SDSU possibly looking at looking to get into a different conference? Horizon? Missouri Valley?
            4. Or is the fact two members leaving not a big deal?
            I heard St. Cloud State, if they drop football, might be a candidate. Could make sense, I suppose.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              I heard St. Cloud State, if they drop football, might be a candidate. Could make sense, I suppose.
              Seriously? I guess I never even thought about a d2 school moving up as a possibility. Could be...they need to do something to get their act together. Whether or not going d1 in all sports and dropping football is it, I don't know. I did read at a while ago they would use UW-Green Bay as a possible model if they did drop football.

Comment

St. Cloud moving up without FB? That would be an unexpected development.

I thought the idea behind dropping FB was to close a budget deficit. How would an increase in scholarships and travel expenses fit with that?
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  St. Cloud moving up without FB? That would be an unexpected development.

I thought the idea behind dropping FB was to close a budget deficit. How would an increase in scholarships and travel expenses fit with that?
                  I have the same thoughts/questions. I think SCSU would be the longest of long shots for this, the biggest reason being their horrible money situation right now.

Comment

Interesting post on BV in regards to the USD situation. According to Gene Taylor USD paid $300,000 to enter the Summit and the exit fee is $500,000. According to the poster Taylor said that the attorneys are working on the exit fee issue. I have seen Terry V mention $500,000 but the USD folks seem to have stated that the number has been exaggerated. Coming from Taylor you have to think it is true.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...t=21537&page=3

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      Meh this is a conspiracy concocted between USD and the Big Sky to move the Summit and MVFC to speed up and let the U into the MVFC conference. The Big Sky really doesn't want USD and USD really doesn't want to go into the Big Sky. But pressure by way of saying they have a contract in hand is being used to force the hand of the MV.
                      Jesse Ventura has been working on this story since the beginning and will soon have the complete, unedited story ready to broadcast on a cable channel that most people don't get unless you have the Premium Package.
                      I like how you think but I believe Vern Gagne is writing the script and The Body is going to act it out.

Viva AWA
                      Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

I was wondering if a move to the BSC for USD,what will that do to thier fan base?Shift it west,west of the river and of course the Vermillion area,I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          I was wondering if a move to the BSC for USD,what will that do to thier fan base?Shift it west,west of the river and of course the Vermillion area,I suppose.
                          Not sure on that one either. USD has to keep growing fan interest in the SF, SC, and Yankton market areas. Perhaps RC will pick up in interest, not sure?

USD has a lot of alumni out West when you look at the numbers, and has done a good job of getting alumni groups together when we have played recently at Cal Poly, UC Davis, UNC, and MT State.

The bottom line is fans that are interested and follow USD athletics will have no problem following and keeping up with USD when they play out West. I have never had trouble following Wyoming, USC, and Oregon while living in Sioux Falls. Maybe it would have been a huge negative 25 years ago, but not so much now with the internet coverage and cable.

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                            Not sure on that one either. USD has to keep growing fan interest in the SF, SC, and Yankton market areas. Perhaps RC will pick up in interest, not sure?

USD has a lot of alumni out West when you look at the numbers, and has done a good job of getting alumni groups together when we have played recently at Cal Poly, UC Davis, UNC, and MT State.

The bottom line is fans that are interested and follow USD athletics will have no problem following and keeping up with USD when they play out West. I have never had trouble following Wyoming, USC, and Oregon while living in Sioux Falls. Maybe it would have been a huge negative 25 years ago, but not so much now with the internet coverage and cable.
                            I was subtly trying to make this point before. Back in the "olden days" of the NCC the option was to listen to WNAX or travel to the games. Nice thing, you could travel to most away games and miss a minimum of work/school. Friday/Saturday doubleheaders in St. Cloud and Mankato were easy to go to. I haven't been to any away Summit league games but I've been able to listen, watch and post on the internet for every one of them.

USD fans will be able to do the same and can attend home contests against programs that would never have come to SD if not for their membership in the Big Sky. If it isn't an option for them to join the MVFC very soon and they can afford to buy out or can negotiate their way out of the Summit league for a spot in the BSC they need to do it. It's pretty much as simple as that. No more gnashing of teeth or speculation necessary.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Another rumor that Jesse Ventura is investigating is that when and if USD makes the jump they are working a deal with Black Hills State to exchange campuses so USD is closer to the action. Making it the University of South Dakota-Spearfish and Black Hills State Univ-Vermillion.

Comment

USD-S is being resurrected? Will the 'Yotes rename to Pointers?
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X