Big Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Sky

Posted this elsewhere (since we have two Big Sky threads going on): USD has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow (Thursday) noon, and it seems obvious it will be to announce they are accepting the invitation to join the Big Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Has USD even asked the Summit to lobby MVFC for them? If USD isn't talking to the conference, how can the Summit or Summit football schools pressure the MVFC for them?
      I am just guessing, it was assumed that was the path they wanted to take, but not sure how hard they worked for that to happen.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I know something you don't and can't say here... but... keep your eye out on the P&D's website for breaking news tonight... www.yankton.net

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
          I know something you don't and can't say here... but... keep your eye out on the P&D's website for breaking news tonight... www.yankton.net

I am guessing the Argus is going to run something tonight as well. Mick was supposed to be on a radio show tonight and he had to cancel because other duties called.

I think we are both on the same page on what that will be.
          Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

2012 is shaping up to be a fun year!

Comment

It will be Summit all other sports and Big Sky football only.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                It will be Summit all other sports and Big Sky football only.
                2012 is looking even better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                  2012 is looking even better than that.

okay USD not going BSC but BCS?

Comment

Well, well, what's going to be announced? With the direction the thread was going, the only surprising news would be a sudden reversal. Did USD's admins and Summit/MVFC get together? UNI's football coach sure had good things to say about USD at this week's tele-press conference.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

About what time is this breaking news gonna break leeshajo. Its almost bed time here in the east.

Comment

sports are on the phones right now... trying to get second source confirmation

Comment

Just how long does that phone call take?

Comment

Well ya know the University of Nebraska does need a travel partner ;-)
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

In an interview Monday, Big Sky Commissioner Fullerton was less positive that the Montana Schools are staying in the Big Sky....here's a link to an Argus interview with Fullerton on Monday, linked in TV's Twitter page:

http://m.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.d...emplate=wapart

Last week it sounded like UM and MSU were definitely staying in the Big Sky, at least in the near term (as in, not going to the WAC). Now, it seems that was a little overstatement. Fullerton puts it this way: "I would say that our statement was a little more hopeful thinking, but as of now we don't have any knowledge of anyone leaving."

?Maybe credit the USD administrators for wading through some of the spin and b.s. and focusing on facts?

Comment

Coyote Fan, if the breaking news is what I think it is, you'll be spinning more than any politician on Tuesday. It'll be interesting seeing how or whether you recover.

Comment

Working...
                                X