Congrats USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats USD

One aspect of USD's play calling that really stood out: later in the game, Minnesota seemed to be getting over being shocked and started to move the ball. The Gophers scored two touchdowns in quick time, a perfect setup for a late charge and a win. What did the Coyotes do? They just kept doing what they had been doing. There was no conservative play calling. They had the winning plan and they didn't start playing "not to lose". Minnesota coming to life didn't mean squat to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
      Beano Cook made a statement on ESPN radio this weekend that nobody is going to want to schedule a team from the Dakotas again. It just ends up in embarrassment for the FBS school.
      Yep!

As I reflected on the NDSU win over Minny and our near win over Minny and I watched USD embarass Minny I said to myself "great, there goes our payday from local "bigboy" schools". And I mean it. It's bad enough for Minny to lose to a FCS, but to lose to an FCS from a neighboring state....unforgiveable (yes, this will cost Brew his job). At least if they lose to Central Michigan or Northern Illinois there are "legitimate" excuses to be made.

Comment

FWIW, big ups to the Coyotes. I won't go into detail about why and how and whatnot....Coyotes won and it's great for this state that I love so dearly.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          One aspect of USD's play calling that really stood out: later in the game, Minnesota seemed to be getting over being shocked and started to move the ball. The Gophers scored two touchdowns in quick time, a perfect setup for a late charge and a win. What did the Coyotes do? They just kept doing what they had been doing. There was no conservative play calling. They had the winning plan and they didn't start playing "not to lose". Minnesota coming to life didn't mean squat to USD.
          I noticed that, too. What most impressed me was USD just kept pouring it on and pushing the ball down the field. It didn't seem like what Minnesota did phased them at all. Very impressive.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            I noticed that, too. What most impressed me was USD just kept pouring it on and pushing the ball down the field. It didn't seem like what Minnesota did phased them at all. Very impressive.
            This really shows ignorance (or poor memory) on my part, but I completely forgot that Wes Beschorner was the OC for USD. It is impressive for someone so young to (apparently) be so successful.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

*off-topic post deleted*

Please start a new thread instead. -filbert
              Last edited by filbert; 09-17-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

not sure why that ended up there... it isn't where I posted it, I don't think.

Comment

Working...
                X