Congrats USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats USD

You have to give the Coyotes credit. Dante Warren was unbelievable. Timmy Brewster's Goophers were beyond awful. USD has its signature D1 win, and they earned it.
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: Congrats USD

They did earn it. They looked good today.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I will add my Congrats to USD. It wierd but the USD message board is not in working order. Could it be the fans overworking the circuits?

Comment

As much as I dislike the Yotes, I dislike the Goph's and Huskers even more. Nice win on the road, looks like you've got another stud QB to watch for a few years down south.

Congrats on the win and enjoy the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          As much as I dislike the Yotes, I dislike the Goph's and Huskers even more. Nice win on the road, looks like you've got another stud QB to watch for a few years down south.

Congrats on the win and enjoy the spotlight.
          It was weird watching the game but the extreme homerness of the Big Ten Network announcers finally shook any lingering reservations I might have had for rooting for the Coyotes.

Plus the Yotes were the better team on the field all day. Hats off to the vermillion and cream today.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nothing else to say here but good job Coyotes. That's a lot of offense against any Big Ten team.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Coyotes needed this win, IMO.

I don't think a lousy Coyote football team is good for anyone, and the team will either be lousy or become lousy with no fan support.

This ought to galvanize fan support for ye olde Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                It wierd but the USD message board is not in working order.
                I know when a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around, it does not make a sound.

If a message board that nobody visits or posts on, ceases to exist, did it ever exist?

P.S. Nice win Yotes. Now I have to explain to everyone out here that South Dakota has two universities and no my school is not the school that beat Minnesota. Thanks
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Thanks for the congrats guys. I watched the game, DVR'd it for posterity because I don't think we'll catch that one on BTN's Big Ten Classic games. From what I saw we went toe to toe with Minny all day. I think they came ready to play. They knew they had to after the game with you guys last year and the Bison in years past. Nothing cheap about this win.

Our message board is run on proboards who is having server issues that started last night. That is why our board is down. There was a ton of activity (for our little ol' board) this week leading up to the game. What really hurts, from a board growth perspective, is a win like this would have helped increase our mb numbers and activity. Huge FAIL in that dept. but nothing, NOTHING can tarnish this day for Coyote Fans.

We really, really need a board like the rest of the Dakota schools have. I would run it but have no clue how to do it. And no, I am not computer savyy and can't speak Linux, or whatever.

Comment

I can't believe it.

USD is the best football team in the Dakotas and Minnesota today.

The last time that happened? I don't know, but it must have been back in the 1890s.

Actually, I don't think it's ever happened before.

Comment

I was at the game and at the great post-game celebration at Sally's. USD deserved to win. They played to win. They earned the win. This was not a case in which Minnesota stiunk it up: they got beat. I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                        Thanks for the congrats guys. I watched the game, DVR'd it for posterity because I don't think we'll catch that one on BTN's Big Ten Classic games. From what I saw we went toe to toe with Minny all day. I think they came ready to play. They knew they had to after the game with you guys last year and the Bison in years past. Nothing cheap about this win.

Our message board is run on proboards who is having server issues that started last night. That is why our board is down. There was a ton of activity (for our little ol' board) this week leading up to the game. What really hurts, from a board growth perspective, is a win like this would have helped increase our mb numbers and activity. Huge FAIL in that dept. but nothing, NOTHING can tarnish this day for Coyote Fans.

We really, really need a board like the rest of the Dakota schools have. I would run it but have no clue how to do it. And no, I am not computer savyy and can't speak Linux, or whatever.
                        Thanks I thought that there could possibly be a server problem. Congradulations on the win.

Comment

Congrats to Yotes.

Now, the real question: Did they get Brewster fired - as in, this week?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Congrats to Yotes.

Now, the real question: Did they get Brewster fired - as in, this week?
                            They should have got him fired...and tomorrow. Seriously...nearly getting beat by NDSU, then getting beat by NDSU, SDSU nearly beat them and now USD beats them. Brewster should just turn in his resignation tomorrow and donate this year's salary back to the university. Minnesota should be absolutely embarrased about it's football program right now.

Comment

I watched the 2nd half because I had to take a break from the Jacks debacle. I have to say that USD looked good and played like a team. Gophers looked like they probably were more physically gifted at almost every position, but they didn't play like a team. Got to give the coaches a great deal of credit, every time MN started to look like they were going to take over the game, the U didn't back off and found a way to keep the pressure on. Very big win for them.

On the flip side: I think Brewster is done after next weeks game. Firing him tomorrow looks reactionary and I think would limit their prospects for getting seriously good candidates to consider the position. USC is not what they used to be, but there is more than one letter's difference between the team the Gophers just hosted and the one coming in. I fully expect another have hearted defensive effort and the game not to be close. Then again, I fully expected the Gophers to have about 45 minutes possession time again and win easily today. Maturi needs to make a move, either firing Brewster or behind the scenes "locking up" his successor, or his job is in jeopardy. Brewster is 1-2 against Dakota schools, and what's left of the fanbase in the Cities knows the one win was disastrously close to a loss also.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X