Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss' Pizza

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    You didn't like the game show Remote Control on MTV? Had a very young Adam Sandler on it as one of the characters. And you are right about their pizza being pretty good.
    The host died last fall.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

DO NOT get the jalapenos on Boss' Pizza. Just trust me on this one. Other than that it's very good. Love the Mexican Delight......WITHOUT THE JALAPENOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        1) You can recognize Pizza King at night because they never painted over the neon tube connecting the Zs so it looks like PIZZZA KING.

2) How many on the board remember "Wild Pizza"?
        Wild Pizza...which became Itza Pizza.

I remember, in Young Hall (2nd Floor Represent!), that the football guys would swing over to our room and play Sega Rally on the Genesis and Techmo Super Bowl on the Nintendo. Towards the end of the semester when we all realized that we had a ton of money left on our accounts we would have them bring a pizza or three up almost every night. I think that I was trying to catch up to Berry and Ploetz on the offensive line. Not a good idea for a band member!
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Wild Pizza...which became Itza Pizza.

I remember, in Young Hall (2nd Floor Represent!), that the football guys would swing over to our room and play Sega Rally on the Genesis and Techmo Super Bowl on the Nintendo. Towards the end of the semester when we all realized that we had a ton of money left on our accounts we would have them bring a pizza or three up almost every night. I think that I was trying to catch up to Berry and Ploetz on the offensive line. Not a good idea for a band member!
          They had to rename it because when you got it and took a look at it, the first thing anybody said is "What the hell is this?"
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            They had to rename it because when you got it and took a look at it, the first thing anybody said is "What the hell is this?"
            Very good point. At times the letter "S" was an appropriate addition to the name. That never stopped us for eating it of course, it just slowed us down.

The intriguing thing about it was even though they were in the same area as Young Hall, it took them just as long to get it to my room as it did my buddy in Hanson.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

You could drink in the dorms!? Dam I missed out on that.

Ah yes, Wild Pizza, a gutrot original. The trick was buy the football players Wild Pizza because they couldn't buy it on their cards and then they buy you whatever you wanted from Larson Commons because they had unlimited money on their cards. Dinner with a pound of gummy worms and a case of juice was always a good tradeoff for some Wild Pizza. Except the night I ordered seven. That was a little spendy. And I remember one of them was not cut up. Picture 10 drunk guys trying to eat an uncut pizza.

As far as Boss' goes. It's good pizza, but if college kids are going to buy it they are going to have to have lower prices than what they are in SF. No way I was buying an $18 medium pizza in college. Give me a 6 pack and a pound and a case of beer for the same price.

Comment

I ordered some broasted chicken to go last night before the Centenary game, and paid $13.50 for 8 pieces and no sides. Besides being too high, the chicken was way overdone...never again for me. As for pizza, they are going to have to compete with the 21 other places in Brookings that offer pizza...and to do that, they are going to have to reduce their prices IMHO or have a short stay in Brookings.

Comment

Boss' Pizza is amazing. The buffet is a better buy then most in town. I would reccommend the Ranch-a-Roni. Its a thin crust with a thin layer of ranch, lots of cheese, pepperoni, and sausage. Delicious! Probably the best. Take my word for it.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                  X