X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss' Pizza

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    nothing beats Pizza King
    I wish they still served pizza at 2 a.m., it was so much easier going over there instead of waiting in line forever at George's and the pizza was just as good, if not better.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Pizza King is were its at in Brookings if you like thin crust pizza with plenty of options for toppings. Observation, the older you get the more likely you are to enjoy thin crust pizza.

Now, Charlie's Pizza in Yankton, I'd put them up against Pizza King any day. Just about any toppings you want, fresh garlic seasoned crust and they have a Festus pizza that is made with provolone cheese, sausage, jalapenos and sauerkraut. Man is it good.

id have to say that charlies pizza is probably the pizza ive had. its been about 10 years since ive eaten there but it was great then.

Comment

Pizza King is were its at in Brookings if you like thin crust pizza with plenty of options for toppings. Observation, the older you get the more likely you are to enjoy thin crust pizza.

Now, Charlie's Pizza in Yankton, I'd put them up against Pizza King any day. Just about any toppings you want, fresh garlic seasoned crust and they have a Festus pizza that is made with provolone cheese, sausage, jalapenos and sauerkraut. Man is it good.
        I have heard about the Charlies in Yankton and can not say I have sampled their product but often wondered if they were an off shot of Charlies in Sioux Falls that used to be on Minnesota Near Augustana College campus. If it is both are very old and continuous businesses and both make excellent pepperoni thin crust and I might add when Gus Kakonis owned and operated Pizza King in the 1960's, their pizza tasted very good after a night of suds soaking. But last call was midnight so I think Pizza King stayed open until 1:00. Oh yes I drank beer too much back in those days, but Pizza King still tastes good with diet coke.

Comment

We'll be heading to Charlies shortly for our Friday night out. Since the girls have left the nest, much more enjoyable to go to Charlies, have a few cold ones and watch a little sports.

BTW, where is Pizza King in Btown? Never been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            We'll be heading to Charlies shortly for our Friday night out. Since the girls have left the nest, much more enjoyable to go to Charlies, have a few cold ones and watch a little sports.

Across Main Ave. from George's Pizza/steakhouse or Jim's tap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post

We are going to Charlies later tonight as well. One kid at B-day party, wife doesn't want to cook, I don't have to work tomorrow. I expect you'll be headed home to the recliner by the time we get there.

Pizza King is on the east side of main street near Cook's Kitchen. Next time you are at the girl's house in Brookings order some Pizza King and have them deliver it. You will not regret it. I like the peperoni and green olive and the Canadian bacon and sauerkraut is darn good too.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My then-to-be wife worked at Pizza King while we were in college. We could get mistakes at a good discount.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

When my wife and I were first dating we used to go to Pizza King for Taco Pizza. When we moved back to Brookings one of the first places we took the kids was to Pizza King. But to our dissapointment they no longer made Taco Pizza. Still was pretty good but just couldn't get over the bummer from not being able to eat their Taco Pizza, it is still the gold standard in our household.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

1) You can recognize Pizza King at night because they never painted over the neon tube connecting the Zs so it looks like PIZZZA KING.

2) How many on the board remember "Wild Pizza"?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      1) You can recognize Pizza King at night because they never painted over the neon tube connecting the Zs so it looks like PIZZZA KING.

2) How many on the board remember "Wild Pizza"?
                      Wow. Wild Pizza.

Man, that was bad.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Wow. Wild Pizza.

Man, that was bad.
                        It took quite a while for me to decipher "Would you like pop with that?"

Because it sounded like, "Woo dew lie kip op wed at?"

Ordering Wild Pizza meant one thing. You couldn't even afford Dominoes.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          It took quite a while for me to decipher "Would you like pop with that?"

Because it sounded like, "Woo dew lie kip op wed at?"

Ordering Wild Pizza meant one thing. You couldn't even afford Dominoes.
                          Or Pizza Patrol. The best paper plate with cheese you could buy on your student ID (Wild Pizza that is). As for Boss' Pizza, the crust is mostly thin crust for the buffet. They put out a variety of different flavors, some with pizza sauce and some with maybe a ranch sauce. The only neg comment I have is the pizza seems to get cold fast. Big building for them to be in so it can handle a little bit of a crowd.

And as for being reminded of Wild Pizza, who else remembers going to Jack's Place, having pizza or a sandwich, and watching Remote Control on MTV? Memories, (everyone sing with me).
                          Last edited by bub94; 01-23-2010, 09:11 AM.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post

And as for being reminded of Wild Pizza, who else remembers going to Jack's Place, having pizza or a sandwich, and watching Remote Control on MTV? Memories, (everyone sing with me).
                            Wild pizza and Old Mil Light while playing Tecmo Bowl or Street Fighter, typical night in the dorm. You had to be intoxicated and starving to choke that stuff down.

Jack's place had much better pizza. A slice and a soda in between classes, plus or minus the MTV.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Some time during my frosh year we figured out the secret to making Wild Pizza somewhat edible. Tell them to go light on the sauce.

Of course it was a Wild Pizza delivery that got me busted for my first "drinking in the dorms" violation. We opened the door to get our pizza when the R.A. walked by. Thank God we were pretty much done drinking at that point, didn't lose much of our beer.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Wild pizza and Old Mil Light while playing Tecmo Bowl or Street Fighter, typical night in the dorm. You had to be intoxicated and starving to choke that stuff down.

Jack's place had much better pizza. A slice and a soda in between classes, plus or minus the MTV.
                                You didn't like the game show Remote Control on MTV? Had a very young Adam Sandler on it as one of the characters. And you are right about their pizza being pretty good.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X