No announcement yet.

Great West River basketball players..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great West River basketball players..

Keith Moore (Lyman High School '85 & Northern State Univ.)
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Keith Moore (Lyman High School '85 & Northern State Univ.)

First time I read this thread but Moore was a great player!

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Scott Morgan- Mitchell, Scott Beckstrand-Lincoln or probably the best HS Player ever in the state Eric Kline-Aberdeen Central. Jason Sutherland-Watertown, Josh Mueller- West Central, Eric Lappe-Harrold, Brent Lindskov-Isabel, Steve Arends-Emery, Cody King, Lyman, Chuck Welke-Warner, Craig Cheeseman-Hanson, Joe Kieffer-Howard.

I was just thinking of some guys and typing some names as the best to play.

thought?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
          Has anyone mentioned Scott Morgan- Mitchell, Scott Beckstrand-Lincoln or probably the best HS Player ever in the state Eric Kline-Aberdeen Central. Jason Sutherland-Watertown, Josh Mueller- West Central, Eric Lappe-Harrold, Brent Lindskov-Isabel, Steve Arends-Emery, Cody King, Lyman, Chuck Welke-Warner, Craig Cheeseman-Hanson, Joe Kieffer-Howard.

thought?

Some good players there, but isn't the title of the thread Great West River Basketball Players? King and Lindskov are the only players listed from West River, but I would agree that they were both very good.

Could also add Denver Tenbroek from Macintosh and Begeman (can't recall first name) from Isabel if they haven't been mentioned.

Comment

...got to thinking about some real fine players from Custer (1990-present):

Trevor Long
            Mike Dortan
            Jay Steele
            Paul Schaffer
            Derek Ballard
            Lance Luitjens
            Derek Paulsen
            Paige Paulsen

Larry Luitjens seemed to have his team in the State A's every year.
            Last edited by jacks1; 12-05-2009, 03:28 AM.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              ...got to thinking about some real fine players from Custer (1990-present):

Trevor Long
              Mike Dortan
              Jay Steele
              Paul Schaffer
              Derek Ballard
              Lance Luitjens
              Derek Paulsen
              Paige Paulsen

Larry Luitjens seemed to have his team in the State A's every year.
              Jake Roddy, who graduated from Custer in 2009, was one heck of a guard. He didn't have much help. Could beat pretty much any player off of the dribble. As I recall, he got most of his points from driving rather than outside shots. At 5'10" he was really quick. Lack of height probably kept college coaches from calling but I read in the RC Journal that he is attending Colorado State and doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post

thought?
                Craig Cheesman, from Hanson, what a throw back, I was a 8th grader when they won the last two section Class B tourn. He was good even when my dad coached him in Junior High.

Comment

Working...
                X