SD BOR Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SD BOR Report

Hammersmith - You found the one I was looking for, Thank you. I guess this gives you naming rights for the our new stadium when I win the Power Ball. That may be a bit awkward, but then we are all reasonable people, correct! (You may have to settle for a Steak dinner!) Regards, R.

Comment

Has anyone seen the FY 2009 BOR Report. It should have been presented at the BOR Meeting last week?

Comment

I actually looked for it when the BOR packet came online last week. They had the 2009-2010 athletic academic report here:

http://www.sdbor.edu/board/items/doc...LLBOR0510H.pdf

Last year the expense/income report was on the May agenda for Committee B, the committe of budget and finance. It was not on that agenda last meeting.

I haven't asked on campus but I know the June 24-25th meeting is in Brookings so hopefully the report is presented at that meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
          I actually looked for it when the BOR packet came online last week. They had the 2009-2010 athletic academic report here:

http://www.sdbor.edu/board/items/doc...LLBOR0510H.pdf

Last year the expense/income report was on the May agenda for Committee B, the committe of budget and finance. It was not on that agenda last meeting.

I haven't asked on campus but I know the June 24-25th meeting is in Brookings so hopefully the report is presented at that meeting.
          That's a fascinating report.

SDSU's athletic program appears to be the strongest academically in the regental system.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            That's a fascinating report.

SDSU's athletic program appears to be the strongest academically in the regental system.
            Based on what? GPA? Nope Graduate Percentage? Nope

What do you base that comment on?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              What do you base that comment on?
              Over the cohort covered:

SDSU #2 Math ACT
              SDSU #2 English ACT
              SDSU #2 GPA
              SDSU #1 Retention

SDSU aggregate score: 7

SDSM&T #1 Math ACT
              SDSM&T #1 English ACT
              SDSM&T #3 GPA
              SDSM&T #3 Retention

SDSM&T aggregate score: 8

USD: #3 Math ACT
              USD: #3 English ACT
              USD: #1 GPA
              USD: #2 Retention

USD aggregate score: 9

---------------------------

I opted not to count hours per semester because I don't think it's relevant to the discussion.

Even if I did, it would put SDSU in a tie with Mines, and wouldn't improve the 'Yotes spot.

Now when you consider that SDSU has about three times as many athletes as SDSM&T................

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Over the cohort covered:

SDSU #2 Math ACT
                SDSU #2 English ACT
                SDSU #2 GPA
                SDSU #1 Retention

SDSU aggregate score: 7

SDSM&T #1 Math ACT
                SDSM&T #1 English ACT
                SDSM&T #3 GPA
                SDSM&T #3 Retention

SDSM&T aggregate score: 8

USD: #3 Math ACT
                USD: #3 English ACT
                USD: #1 GPA
                USD: #2 Retention

USD aggregate score: 9

---------------------------

I opted not to count hours per semester because I don't think it's relevant to the discussion.

Even if I did, it would put SDSU in a tie with Mines, and wouldn't improve the 'Yotes spot.

Now when you consider that SDSU has about three times as many athletes as SDSM&T................

You know people have nothing better to do when they start bragging about academic superiority. If you ask me the differences are so small between institutions, that there is no difference. I didn't see any implication of statistical significance between groups.

In my opinion, this report shows the academic health of our athletic programs throughout the state is good. Kudos to all the student-athletes.

However, anecdotally I would rank SDSU the best for education....go jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jack43 View Post
                  You know people have nothing better to do when they start bragging about academic superiority.
                  YF asked for a reason, I supplied a reason.

You want I should've told him to take a hike?

Comment

I have been watching for the FY09 Athletic Funding - Income and Expense Statement - All Accounts. Would someone direct me to it? I emailed the BOR but got back the Athletic Academic release. The one I am looking for has both income and expense broken down for each of the 6 state schools. Other years it has been in the Budget Committee documents, I think.

I would appreciate the help. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      I have been watching for the FY09 Athletic Funding - Income and Expense Statement - All Accounts. Would someone direct me to it? I emailed the BOR but got back the Athletic Academic release. The one I am looking for has both income and expense broken down for each of the 6 state schools. Other years it has been in the Budget Committee documents, I think.

I would appreciate the help. Thank you.
                      Here is a link to the equity in sports report that has data on every university. It may not have everything you want but is a good start. The data is for FY09

http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/GetOneInstitutionData.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros
                        Thanks to the brave soul who gave me negs and conveniently forgot to post their handle
                        From my experience, whining about rep points doesn't help you get any. And no, it wasn't me who dinged you.

Comment

Did hear free footlongs?!

One can only speculate that all this surliness must be due to the fact most everyone else in the universe gets to start their football season Saturday, while we must wait.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

The 2010 Report is available online. I haven't read it all yet but just was looking at the packet. Here is the link with analysis coming later:

http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda...MMB1210I-G.pdf

Updated:

SDSU had gate receipts of $1,007,317 and USD had $207,510. Since this isn't a smack thread I will stick to just stating the numbers. Total SDSU athletic revenues were a total of $11,376,667 and USD was $6,178,639

Comment

Thanks for that post. I'm confident SDSU gate receipts will continue to grow nicely -- $1 million plus isn't satisfactory. (USD must be very concerned about its numbers.)

My wife was doing some Christmas shopping this evening and noted that the Watertown JC Penney store had a lot of SDSU gear--an example of how the retailers have caught on to how the public has caught on to SDSU and SDSU athletics. The local Target also sells SDSU gear. That bodes well for increasing gate receipts. People who have not attended SDSU are adopting the Jackrabbits as their team.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                                The 2010 Report is available online. I haven't read it all yet but just was looking at the packet. Here is the link with analysis coming later:

http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda...MMB1210I-G.pdf

Updated:

SDSU had gate receipts of $1,007,317 and USD had $207,510. Since this isn't a smack thread I will stick to just stating the numbers. Total SDSU athletic revenues were a total of $11,376,667 and USD was $6,178,639
                                It will take a while to pick my jaw up off of the floor from seeing that SDSU's gate is FIVE TIMES USD's gate reciepts.

I would have been prepared to see something like half. Maybe 40%. Not 20%.

The vehemence of many within the USD community about playing SDSU in football and men's basketball becomes much, much more understandable, given this gate number, no? They apparently need SDSU game gate income much more than SDSU needs USD game gate income. (Although more revenue is always better . . . )
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X