Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sam Ostarello

Originally posted by Jacks-D1 View Post
    I love how people can read a newspaper article and then believe they know every fact and detail about what happenned, who said what, what their parents are like, who influenced who, are they a good athletic director, are they a good person, are they a true supporter of SDSU, etc. All of this based on what they read in a newspaper article. None of you know, all you know is what you read in a newspaper article. The only people who know are the ones who are actually going through it, which is none of the people on this board.
    I don't see any evidence in this thread of anyone claiming to know all the facts and details. It's been an energetic but reasonable discussion by people who care about SDSU. If the only people who can comment on a situation are people going through it first-hand, we might as well shut down this board and rest of the American media.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I don't see any evidence in this thread of anyone claiming to know all the facts and details. It's been an energetic but reasonable discussion by people who care about SDSU. If the only people who can comment on a situation are people going through it first-hand, we might as well shut down this board and rest of the American media.
      I agree completely, rep points earned.

Comment

AMEN!

Comment

Agreed, nice discussion thus far. I like the moderators giving a few opinions.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Agreed, nice discussion thus far. I like the moderators giving a few opinions.
            Hopefully people can tell the difference between mods posting with the moderator hat on vs. posting with the board member/fan hat on . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Based on the article that Terry wrote, and I tend to believe he was being accurate as possible, Sam Ostarello appears and no doubt she is a very classy person and perhaps has more maturity then her parents. Like 91Jack, I keep wondering where the parents were in this whole decision process. If Guy Hunter has been parenting Sam for the past few years, because the real parents are not interested in what's going on in their daughter's world, then Guy deserves some kind of an award. The fact she is now going to Purdue rather than SDSU does not bother me in the least. I suppose if I had a choice like that, I would probably pick Purdue thinking more doors would open in the job market.

I dont like to dump parents and parenting into one basket, but there are some who are not living up to the task. I noted in a comment to the Argus article, a Sam's pastor attested to her great qualities as a person. Maybe its real blessing that the Pastor and Guy Hunter have been involved and helped the maturity process of Sam develope. This does not always happen and maybe that is why high school prinicpals get their houses teepeed and spray painted.
              Sam's parents have been very involved with her basketball since she was in grade school.Taking her to games and sitting on the gym floor when she was in 5th grade. Getting her to open gym at all hours and waiting until she was done.The decision to go to Purdue was up to Sam and supported by her parents. Her parents took her to Purdue and have supported her decision all the way. It was her decision and her's only to attent Purdue. Guy Hunter has been the best thing to happen in Sam's life. Sam's parents trust Guy in the direction she has gone. Most parents never have the chance to see a child get this far so quick. Mr Hunter is better experienced at recruiting and college offers than most parents are. Stop bashing the parents, as the reporter did not state the entire events leading to the story. He wrote what he thought would sell the story. Please be kind in your words as Sam is only a child and her parents are her world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree with this. Looking in is always a different view than looking out. Until you walk in someones shoes, you don't know the whole story.

Comment

Sometimes opinions are tough. Thats the deal with opinions; right, wrong, poorly formulated or well thought out. Opinions are always going to be out there, especially on a web forum where opinions are vital for its existence.

I wish the best for Sam and her family regardless of how or why she came to the decision to attend Purdue.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by b-ball parents View Post
                    Sam's parents have been very involved with her basketball since she was in grade school.Taking her to games and sitting on the gym floor when she was in 5th grade. Getting her to open gym at all hours and waiting until she was done.The decision to go to Purdue was up to Sam and supported by her parents. Her parents took her to Purdue and have supported her decision all the way. It was her decision and her's only to attent Purdue. Guy Hunter has been the best thing to happen in Sam's life. Sam's parents trust Guy in the direction she has gone. Most parents never have the chance to see a child get this far so quick. Mr Hunter is better experienced at recruiting and college offers than most parents are. Stop bashing the parents, as the reporter did not state the entire events leading to the story. He wrote what he thought would sell the story. Please be kind in your words as Sam is only a child and her parents are her world!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Welcome b-ball parents! Hope to have your contributions and views more in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X