Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rape Trial

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
    They just announced it on the Brookings Radio stations that Andre was found not guilty of all charges.

They made the announcement and then I had a very melancholy reaction. Just no real reaction to it other than to think about those involved.

My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

SUPERBUNNY
    I have the same reaction. I thought that I'd be a bit angry with whichever side lost the jury decision, but I'm not. I'm a bit numb, a bit sad, and a bit sorry that the young people involved had to go through this.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Rape Trial

Originally posted by filbert
      [quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1165890748/15#28 date=1166138198]They just announced it on the Brookings Radio stations that Andre was found not guilty of all charges.

They made the announcement and then I had a very melancholy reaction.  Just no real reaction to it other than to think about those involved.

My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

SUPERBUNNY
      I have the same reaction.  I thought that I'd be a bit angry with whichever side lost the jury decision, but I'm not.  I'm a bit numb, a bit sad, and a bit sorry that the young people involved had to go through this. [/quote]

ditto
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Re: Rape Trial (Gilbert found Not Guilty)

I do know one of the jurors. Hopefully I will be able to get some reactions tomorrow. I will update if I do.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
          I do know one of the jurors.  Hopefully I will be able to get some reactions tomorrow.  I will update if I do.
          I don't really care to know any of the details of the case and hope that they won't be posted on here. Some of those involved are still students at SDSU and bringing out the details won't help them move on with their lives. There will no doubt be more than we ever wanted to know about this case provided by the media.

That's all I care about is these kids being able to move on and make great lives for themselves. Let's move on and leave them alone!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
            I do know one of the jurors. Hopefully I will be able to get some reactions tomorrow. I will update if I do.
            You'll have to forgive me for hoping that the juror you know will simply respond "the prosecution didn't prove their case" and refuse to comment further.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It's over............innocent of all charges!!!!!!!!
              Amen

Comment

It's not quite over yet. Mo's trial is whats left to close out the coffin on this story.

Comment

I wonder if the charges will be dropped against Mo. Based on what we now know I'm a little surprised the charges were filed in the first place.

Comment

I don't want to know the facts of the case and wouldn't ask the person I know. I would just like to know why? Was one person not believable, was there some very strong testimony from one witness? I would assume these are things that both lawyers know by now anyway. I won't post anything beyond that anyhow.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

It appears the burden of proof was not convincing to the jury. I heard so many Clyde Calhoun stories about his thoroughness, and the verdicit has to be a set back for his ego. I felt going into the trial and even in the first few days of the trial, the state had a very good case. What little we have seen of the testimony, it appears there were many doubts raised by the defense that were effective in minds of the jury.

I agree lives are scared. I dont want to say anymore about individuals, nor do I feel the urge to post further to this thread.

Comment

Some say there are no winners or losers in a case like this, but I disagree, I can think of one definite loser. That person stood before a crowd at Frost Arena and gave what some would call a farwell speach because his coaching career at SDSU was very much in doubt at that time. A coach who watched his team being torn apart based on a story that a jury decided was false.

Some on this board have stated that coaches need to be held accountable for their players actions off the court, I wonder if the same standard applies to the coaches of the women's teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbitdw
                              Some say there are no winners or losers in a case like this, but I disagree, I can think of one definite loser. That person stood before a crowd at Frost Arena and gave what some would call a farwell speach because his coaching career at SDSU was very much in doubt at that time. A coach who watched his team being torn apart based on a story that a jury decided was false.

Some on this board have stated that coaches need to be held accountable for their players actions off the court, I wonder if the same standard applies to the coaches of the women's teams.
                          This is a lose-lose situation for everyone involved...certainly not just the coaches.

Comment

I spoke to my friend this morning. The main reaction this person had was "I am going to go talk to my kids!" This person went on to say "I am amazed about the sexual atmosphere out there, I am afraid for my children."

Enough said
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbitdw

Yes all coaches are accountable. So does this now make Coach Paleio a trouble maker? I think he was very accountable. He did what he felt was right under the circumstances.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Coach Palileo went with the young lady to explain to her parents what happened. Man, I couldn't imagine the pain in that room.

I feel that says everything that needs to be said about Coach Palileo, there are many that would not have the courage and or fortitude to sit in that room.
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X