Dakota Schoolers Summer Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Schoolers Summer Classic

There seriously needs to be a rule against drinking and posting. That's the only response you'll get from me other than you really need to consider not posting at all, even if you are sober...it's very difficult to tell if you're drunk or just plain stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev
      There seriously needs to be a rule against drinking and posting.  That's the only response you'll get from me other than you really need to consider not posting at all, even if you are sober...it's very difficult to tell if you're drunk or just plain stupid.
      Cheers to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev
        There seriously needs to be a rule against drinking and posting.  That's the only response you'll get from me other than you really need to consider not posting at all, even if you are sober...it's very difficult to tell if you're drunk or just plain stupid.
        That may be the post of the day!!!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

* from a Moderator

Time out.  Let's see if we can either give this thread a rest for a bit or turn the direction of it.  

There is a long-standing (and good) rule on this message board that permits attacking a post but prohibits attacking a poster.  Joeboo was suspended from this board for close to a month in February of 2007, due to his personal attacks directed primarily at Cadsev.  I think it is accurate to state that Joeboo is not popular with many on this board.  I think it is also accurate to state that Cadsev's perspective has been appreciated by many on this board.  

Joeboo, the following is from just this Moderator (the rookie of the three) who is interested in maintaining the civility that was established early on by filbert and 89.  My comments are primarily directed at you, Joeboo.  Whether negligent or intentional, your posts often irritate other participants on this message board (me included).  It seems to me that your posts fall into one of three categories:   (1) You may think you are contributing to a spirited discourse on various subjects; that you are presenting thought-provoking opinion, challenging others into what you may perceive as stimulating conversation [I have been to your blog and it seems this is your stated purpose in your blog.]  (2) Maybe you are just trying to be a jerk.  Or, (3) Maybe it is all pretty innocent and you're just stumbling around, stating whatever jumps into your mind, using a very flexible vocabulary and system of spelling.

On the first category: we're not writing the Constitution here, buddy.  Most of the posters likely have opportunity all day long for mind-stimulation and they look at this message board for great entertainment, to pick up the latest facts and near-facts about SDSU and other topics being covered on the board's various threads.  We all know news travels faster than lightning on the internet and this message board can really get the word out fast, telling visitors to the board what is going on in a game, a season or a year.

On the second and third categories...well, I guess if that's your plan, have at it.  You will run the risk of being ignored (many posters have called for an "ignore" function on this board but so far there isn't one).

Okay, got that off my chest.  And with that having been said and it being very clear that I have just murdered the rule about attacking a poster,    I have this to say about the direction of this thread:  Some of you are attacking Joeboo personally and not his post.  Please turn it down a little.

Thank you.

Go Jackrabbits!  Go Schoolers who may become Jackrabbits!

Comment

I was at the Schooler Classic and I have decent idea of what is happening in SD basketball, mostly because of my job, friendships, and all-round lack of a hobby or other interests. Tate P. & Rane Mergen will be back at USD. Eric Mergen has said he will go to DWU, but had not gotten all paper work done yet, that may have changed. Louie going to SDSU, who knows - only Coach Nagy for sure.

Observation #1 - I think Cody Shilling is a great player and he would fit well at a SDSU or NDSU, not an Iowa or Minnesota. He is not a great shooter, but he gets to the basket well and passes for profit in traffic. I do not know how serious he is about SDSU, but he has the size and athletic ability to play DI guard. I do not think he is a "program maker" for SDSU as some have suggested on other boards, but he is good. Dale Moss and Shilling are probably the similar in the position that coaches hope they can play (a bigger combo guard that can play point in tight games).

Observation #2 - Colton Iverson is a good player that will be much better in 2 years. He has good size/athletic ability in a year where that is scarce. Ass't coach from Davidson in North Carolina said that if a school is still looking for a post, then Colton is on a short list across the nation.

Observation #3 - Louie Krogman is a good high school player. He scores in transition and on floaters off penetration. He is a funny size for DI. I know that USD really likes him. I do not know what SDSU status is with him. He is a combo guard that is giving away size on the defensive end in college. I think that you will have college coaches of all sizes that may be scared of that, but he doesn't need 100 offers - just one he likes. How he plays in July will make all the difference in the world, coaches will see him because of Colton.

Observation #4 - Cody Larson is the real deal. When he plays hard and is committed, he is a beast because of his size and skill level. Shooting is coming, but he rebounds and passes very well. He reminds me very much of Joe Krabb - but bigger at a younger age. Just like Joe, some of the things that he does are not appreciated by the average fan.

Observation #5 - SDSU got a steal in Chad White. 6'6+ guard. He has a very high skill package and Jack fans will love him when he plays in Frost. He will help teams win games. Like Larson, not everyone may get why he is so good.

Observation #6 - Tony Fiegen can do some things very well that you cannot teach, but I expected him to be better (and tougher) in some other areas. Loads of potential and a good early verbal for SDSU, he will get better every time he plays. Not very offensive at this stage of career. Needs to recognize that he could be a mismatch on the offensive end with the Schoolers, he can be hard for someone to guard after they match up with the rest of team.

Observation #7 - Someone needs to scholarship Jordan Miller and give him a red-shirt year. Whoever takes the chance could look brilliant in 2 years.

Dakota Showcase is a few weeks will be another chance to see SD kids play. No DI schools can be out yet, so it will be NAIA and D2 coaches out only.

Comment

After significant consideration of JackJD's and Patkran's latest posts, I'll add . . . absolutely nothing.

. . .

And after significant additional consideration, I still got nothing.

No, wait, something's coming

. . .

Nope. Sorry. Nothing. I'm going to go out and play in the pool for a while. Y'all be good . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

sorry it was at a holiday and came home in not the best condition and kinda jumbo uped everything I had heard in the last couple of days into one post... i'm surprised my spelling was as accuarate as it was.... I deleted my post and mean no harm to anyone even you cadsev thats to the one that has responded I thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Patkran
                  I was at the Schooler Classic and I have decent idea of what is happening in SD basketball, mostly because of my job, friendships, and all-round lack of a hobby or other interests.  Tate P. & Rane Mergen will be back at USD.  Eric Mergen has said he will go to DWU, but had not gotten all paper work done yet, that may have changed.  Louie going to SDSU, who knows - only Coach Nagy for sure.

Observation #1 - I think Cody Shilling is a great player and he would fit well at a SDSU or NDSU, not an Iowa or Minnesota.  He is not a great shooter, but he gets to the basket well and passes for profit in traffic.  I do not know how serious he is about SDSU, but he has the size and athletic ability to play DI guard.  I do not think he is a "program maker" for SDSU as some have suggested on other boards, but he is good.  Dale Moss and Shilling are probably the similar in the position that coaches hope they can play (a bigger combo guard that can play point in tight games).

Observation #2 -  Colton Iverson is a good player that will be much better in 2 years.  He has good size/athletic ability in a year where that is scarce.  Ass't coach from Davidson in North Carolina said that if a school is still looking for a post, then Colton is on a short list across the nation.

Observation #3 - Louie Krogman is a good high school player.  He scores in transition and on floaters off penetration.  He is a funny size for DI.  I know that USD really likes him.  I do not know what SDSU status is with him.  He is a combo guard that is giving away size on the defensive end in college.  I think that you will have college coaches of all sizes that may be scared of that, but he doesn't need 100 offers - just one he likes.  How he plays in July will make all the difference in the world, coaches will see him because of Colton.

Observation #4 - Cody Larson is the real deal.  When he plays hard and is committed, he is a beast because of his size and skill level.  Shooting is coming, but he rebounds and passes very well.  He reminds me very much of Joe Krabb - but bigger at a younger age.  Just like Joe, some of the things that he does are not appreciated by the average fan.

Observation #5 - SDSU got a steal in Chad White. 6'6+ guard.  He has a very high skill package and Jack fans will love him when he plays in Frost.  He will help teams win games.  Like Larson, not everyone may get why he is so good.

Observation #6 - Tony Fiegen can do some things very well that you cannot teach, but I expected him to be better (and tougher) in some other areas.  Loads of potential and a good early verbal for SDSU, he will get better every time he plays.  Not very offensive at this stage of career.  Needs to recognize that he could be a mismatch on the offensive end with the Schoolers, he can be hard for someone to guard after they match up with the rest of team.

Observation #7 - Someone needs to scholarship Jordan Miller and give him a red-shirt year.  Whoever takes the chance could look brilliant in 2 years.

Dakota Showcase is a few weeks will be another chance to see SD kids play.  No DI schools can be out yet, so it will be NAIA and D2 coaches out only.
                  These are the posts that I read (good, conscise and informative).  JackJD said there is not an ignore button, but I "ignore" some posts by simply skipping over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Patkran
                    I was at the Schooler Classic and I have decent idea of what is happening in SD basketball, mostly because of my job, friendships, and all-round lack of a hobby or other interests.  Tate P. & Rane Mergen will be back at USD.  Eric Mergen has said he will go to DWU, but had not gotten all paper work done yet, that may have changed.  Louie going to SDSU, who knows - only Coach Nagy for sure.

Observation #1 - I think Cody Shilling is a great player and he would fit well at a SDSU or NDSU, not an Iowa or Minnesota.  He is not a great shooter, but he gets to the basket well and passes for profit in traffic.  I do not know how serious he is about SDSU, but he has the size and athletic ability to play DI guard.  I do not think he is a "program maker" for SDSU as some have suggested on other boards, but he is good.  Dale Moss and Shilling are probably the similar in the position that coaches hope they can play (a bigger combo guard that can play point in tight games).

Observation #2 -  Colton Iverson is a good player that will be much better in 2 years.  He has good size/athletic ability in a year where that is scarce.  Ass't coach from Davidson in North Carolina said that if a school is still looking for a post, then Colton is on a short list across the nation.

Observation #3 - Louie Krogman is a good high school player.  He scores in transition and on floaters off penetration.  He is a funny size for DI.  I know that USD really likes him.  I do not know what SDSU status is with him.  He is a combo guard that is giving away size on the defensive end in college.  I think that you will have college coaches of all sizes that may be scared of that, but he doesn't need 100 offers - just one he likes.  How he plays in July will make all the difference in the world, coaches will see him because of Colton.

Observation #4 - Cody Larson is the real deal.  When he plays hard and is committed, he is a beast because of his size and skill level.  Shooting is coming, but he rebounds and passes very well.  He reminds me very much of Joe Krabb - but bigger at a younger age.  Just like Joe, some of the things that he does are not appreciated by the average fan.

Observation #5 - SDSU got a steal in Chad White. 6'6+ guard.  He has a very high skill package and Jack fans will love him when he plays in Frost.  He will help teams win games.  Like Larson, not everyone may get why he is so good.

Observation #6 - Tony Fiegen can do some things very well that you cannot teach, but I expected him to be better (and tougher) in some other areas.  Loads of potential and a good early verbal for SDSU, he will get better every time he plays.  Not very offensive at this stage of career.  Needs to recognize that he could be a mismatch on the offensive end with the Schoolers, he can be hard for someone to guard after they match up with the rest of team.

Observation #7 - Someone needs to scholarship Jordan Miller and give him a red-shirt year.  Whoever takes the chance could look brilliant in 2 years.

Dakota Showcase is a few weeks will be another chance to see SD kids play.  No DI schools can be out yet, so it will be NAIA and D2 coaches out only.
                    Cody Schilling I hate to comment about because I havn't seen him play but word from Matt Malloy and others is hes a great player but his shooting isn't as good as his game (if that makes any sence)

Colton Iverson its tough to say... first of all with South Dakota AA style of basketball you have to factor in conditioning... I would also like to know his actual physical deminor according to his facebook page (yes its a good source) he says hes 6-8 but according to other people he is 6-10 though I say this 2 inches don't matter if you can play physical. I think Colton should go to SDSU and be sombody but its tough to turn down big D-I schools even if you know tat you won't see the floor much.

Louie Krogman I could go all night about... first of all don't tell me because he played in class "B" he is not good enough because i have watch Louie play at SDSU because he is I have heard all different things about SDSU with him I have heard he would walkon to play if Colton Iverson or Cody Schilling went there... But here is the deal I have heard from numerous people (1 guy who is from white river who goes back to open gyms) and all of them said Louies 2 younger brothers will be better players espesually the 8th grader...

Chad White I have watched him play 3-4 times this past year and it was tough to get a scout on him this past year because there team was so good I heard the year before he was alot more open and will probally be this upcoming year from what I saw he is an SDSU steal

Tony Fiegan is really tough to look at college tallent right now because he is still growing I think he will eventually become a really good 4 but its anybodies guess.

I still rate Keith Cutler as #1 in the class with Chad White #2 I think whoever signs Cutler will be getting a steal. I have heard Augie has an offer on the table.

Jared Vlastiun whats the recruitng news on him I know Augie along with other D-II offers are on the board but after I watched the guy 3 times this past season I would say if he was 6-9 he would be a top D-I recruit.

As far as Jordan Miller you may be right he is a late bloomer you look at the family line and you have to say he is going to be something ...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                      sorry it was at a holiday and came home in not the best condition and kinda jumbo uped everything I had heard in the last couple of days into one post... i'm surprised my spelling was as accuarate as it was.... I deleted my post and mean no harm to anyone even you cadsev thats to the one that has responded I thank you.
                      You should never use spelling and accurate together, especially with the way you spell. Most people would say you are prolly alil slow.

Comment

Please someone cut him off? I know it is Czech Daze 07 in Bon Homme county but come on.

Comment

Please don't taint the celebration of my ancestry, by using it as an excuse for joeboo’s most recent posts.  

I have fond memories of Czech Days past and I would like to keep thinking of them that way.  ;D

Beseda Hall and Sokol Park  .  .  .  Good times! [smiley=beer.gif]

Go State!  

Comment

xxxxxxx this is what I get sick of I made a mistake I apolagized and this is the sh*t I get.... maybe I deserve it but I don't think so

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                              Please don't taint the celebration of my ancestry, by using it as an excuse for joeboo’s most recent posts.  

I have fond memories of Czech Days past and I would like to keep thinking of them that way.  ;D

Beseda Hall and Sokol Park  .  .  .  Good times! [smiley=beer.gif]

Go State!  
                              man we got a bohemian.... you should know the gossip that goes on there I am sorry that I jumbo mumbod (sp) it into one drunk ridden post.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                                xxxxxx this is what I get sick of I made a mistake I apolagized and this is the sh*t I get.... maybe I deserve it but I don't think so
                                Please knock off the swearing.

And, yes, you deserved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X